Read 2226 times

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Hiring seen strong in June with plenty of jobs for grads.
« on: July 06, 2018, 08:06:07 pm »
Hiring seen strong in June with plenty of jobs for grads.  www.cnbc.com/2018/07/05/hiring-seen-strong-in-june-with-plenty-of-jobs-for-grads.html

Far cry from a few years ago.

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
Re: Hiring seen strong in June with plenty of jobs for grads.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 12:21:06 am »
There is a growing perception among millennials that Republicans are better for the economy.

"Enthusiasm for the Democratic Party is waning among millennials as its candidates head into the crucial midterm congressional elections, according to the Reuters/Ipsos national opinion poll....

"That presents a potential problem for Democrats who have come to count on millennials as a core constituency - and will need all the loyalty they can get to achieve a net gain of 23 seats to capture control of the U.S. House of Representatives in November....

"Millennials are almost evenly split this year over the question of which party has a better plan for the economy, with 34 percent picking the Democrats and 32 percent choosing Republicans. Thatís a shift from two years ago, when they said Democrats had the better plan by a 12-point margin."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-millennials/exclusive-democrats-lose-ground-with-millennials-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN1I10YH

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 02:19:41 am »
We'll see.

Hiring was just as strong, if not stronger, under Obama. The dollar store worker could be in for a sad awakening since the tax cuts for folks like her are temporary and as the deficit continues to grow like it's on HGH, she's going to be paying a lot more or getting a lot less from government services.

Republicans are hanging their hats on tax cuts and racism. How those tax cuts work are easy to see where I live. Fewer police on the street, streets that are often in disrepair as well as dirty and more dangerous to drive on, cutbacks in all types of social services, very little support of the arts, and the list goes on.

Hopefully, people will realize you don't get money for nothing and your kicks for free. But it could be they are permanent free riders who are going to take the US down.

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 08:59:56 am »
We'll see.

Hiring was just as strong, if not stronger, under Obama. The dollar store worker could be in for a sad awakening since the tax cuts for folks like her are temporary and as the deficit continues to grow like it's on HGH, she's going to be paying a lot more or getting a lot less from government services.

Republicans are hanging their hats on tax cuts and racism. How those tax cuts work are easy to see where I live. Fewer police on the street, streets that are often in disrepair as well as dirty and more dangerous to drive on, cutbacks in all types of social services, very little support of the arts, and the list goes on.

Hopefully, people will realize you don't get money for nothing and your kicks for free. But it could be they are permanent free riders who are going to take the US down.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 09:33:38 am »
How much of those tax cuts went to the lowest earners? None because they aren't paying taxes anyways at the minimum wage level. All and more is refunded.

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 10:16:59 am »
We'll see.

So, republicans donít want more taxes on lower earners.  They simply want lower taxes .

This is stupid.
And ironically racist since the guy is blond haired and blue eyed .
Bonzai!

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 10:18:42 pm »
We'll see.

So, republicans donít want more taxes on lower earners.  They simply want lower taxes .

This is stupid.
Patently false.

"They simply want lower taxes on the rich and powerful." FIFY

What guy? Drinking again?

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 11:30:52 pm »
We'll see.

This is stupid.
Patently false.

As usual, Gogators, you continue to spew memorized talking points rather than thinking or showing any evidence for your opinions.  You might as well tattoo "Tax cuts = bad" and "Trump hates minorities and poor."  Then call it a day permanently and save us all the the extreme boredom of seeing your endless posts repeating the same second-rate recitations you have happily indoctrinated yourself with.  You truly are a bore.

You cannot lower taxes on the "poor" in the US.  They don't pay income taxes.  In fact, if you are poor, you certainly qualify for many huge tax credits specifically designed to help the poor - the Earned Income Credit, for one.  A poor family with one or two people working minimum wage jobs can expect, in fact, to get a massive refund not only of any taxes the paid, but a refund much greater than any taxes paid.  A NEGATIVE tax rate, in fact of 50%+ is very common.  I can show you some of my own tax return numbers from earlier in my life, since I'm sure you will dispute this.

I'm not denouncing those tax credits or their good intention of helping the poor move up the social ladder.  And, by the way, all those tax credits still exist under Trump's new tax plan.  I'm simply pointing out that "lowering taxes on the poor" is simply a misnomer and is totally meaningless.  If you pay no income taxes and actually pay negative taxes, your rate cannot be lowered.  I suppose you could argue they should get more free money from the government in the form of tax credits, but that's a whole different argument.

The truth is, Trump's tax plan looks like the chart shown.  And when you factor in the new high standardized deduction has increased from 6250 to 1200 (single) and from 12,700 to 24,000 (joint), it should be plainly obvious (assuming you can add and subtract) that the "poor" will not be on the hook for any income taxes and will still be getting the large tax credits they previously got.

No one should be surprised that Trump is cutting taxes.  You can argue for or against cutting income taxes.  But that's what he ran on and won on.  But making disingenuous and false claims about the tax cuts is just intellectually lazy.  Stop falling back on old, tired, debunked talking-points.  Of course you won't, we all know.

tax brackets single filers final

tax brackets joint filers final

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 05:36:04 am »
We'll see.

This is stupid.
Patently false.

As usual, Gogators, you continue to spew memorized talking points rather than thinking or showing any evidence for your opinions.  You might as well tattoo "Tax cuts = bad" and "Trump hates minorities and poor."  Then call it a day permanently and save us all the the extreme boredom of seeing your endless posts repeating the same second-rate recitations you have happily indoctrinated yourself with.  You truly are a bore.

You cannot lower taxes on the "poor" in the US.  They don't pay income taxes.  In fact, if you are poor, you certainly qualify for many huge tax credits specifically designed to help the poor - the Earned Income Credit, for one.  A poor family with one or two people working minimum wage jobs can expect, in fact, to get a massive refund not only of any taxes the paid, but a refund much greater than any taxes paid.  A NEGATIVE tax rate, in fact of 50%+ is very common.  I can show you some of my own tax return numbers from earlier in my life, since I'm sure you will dispute this.

I'm not denouncing those tax credits or their good intention of helping the poor move up the social ladder.  And, by the way, all those tax credits still exist under Trump's new tax plan.  I'm simply pointing out that "lowering taxes on the poor" is simply a misnomer and is totally meaningless.  If you pay no income taxes and actually pay negative taxes, your rate cannot be lowered.  I suppose you could argue they should get more free money from the government in the form of tax credits, but that's a whole different argument.

The truth is, Trump's tax plan looks like the chart shown.  And when you factor in the new high standardized deduction has increased from 6250 to 1200 (single) and from 12,700 to 24,000 (joint), it should be plainly obvious (assuming you can add and subtract) that the "poor" will not be on the hook for any income taxes and will still be getting the large tax credits they previously got.

No one should be surprised that Trump is cutting taxes.  You can argue for or against cutting income taxes.  But that's what he ran on and won on.  But making disingenuous and false claims about the tax cuts is just intellectually lazy.  Stop falling back on old, tired, debunked talking-points.  Of course you won't, we all know.

tax brackets single filers final

tax brackets joint filers final
But making disingenuous and false claims about the tax cuts is just intellectually lazy.

And yet that's exactly what you are doing:

Individual tax cuts expire in 2025. When that happens 80% of Americans would pay higher taxes than if the law had never passed. If the cuts are made permanent, the already ballooning deficit would grow by 1.5 trillion dollars over the next decade.

The tax cuts for corporations are permanent. The rich get richer.

How, you may ask? Cash-rich companies are set to pour $2.5 trillion into buybacks, dividends and M&A this year. The majority of stockholders tend to be well off. I'm pretty sure the dollar store employee isn't investing in the stock market. Nor is the tattoo artist, since she can't afford (she says) health insurance.

The poor can't pay higher income taxes but they can payer higher sales taxes, higher local and state fees, higher participation fees at schools, fewer scholarships and the like, which is where the repug tax cuts and accompanying deficits are leading.

"Helping the poor move up the social ladder" LOL. That's exactly what proposed cuts to SNAP, CHIP and Medicaid are NOT going to do.

That's one heck of a false "talking point," willie boy. sd

"We know"--YOU certainly don't.

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 03:21:56 pm »
It's hilarious how hypocritical liberals are.  It's almost like clockwork. 

Under Obama:  Credit rating is downgraded as the deficit soars and liberals say, "Eh, no big deal.  Of course there is a deficit we are a big country"

Under Trump:  Deficit continues to sore like it has with EVERY SINGLE president once progressives took root.  Liberals crying, "OMG the deficit!!"

Just hilarious.

Liberals really are the best argument for freedom of choice.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 09:29:21 pm »

Under Obama:  Credit rating is downgraded as the deficit soars and liberals say, "Eh, no big deal.  Of course there is a deficit we are a big country"

Under Trump:  Deficit continues to sore like it has with EVERY SINGLE president once progressives took root.  Liberals crying, "OMG the deficit!!"

Just hilarious.

Clinton had budget surpluses for fiscal years 1998-2001, the only such years from 1970-2016. Clinton's final four budgets were balanced budgets with surpluses, beginning with the 1997 budget. The ratio of debt held by the public to GDP, a primary measure of U.S. federal debt, fell from 47.8% in 1993 to 33.6% by 2000.

Just the FACTS, ma'am.

The U.S. Federal deficit was $587 billion in Obamaís last year and it grew to $666 billion in Trumpís first year of his presidency. Iíve been reviewing a report from the U.S. Treasury Department, which shows that the U.S. Federal Deficit will probably increase this year (fiscal 2018), could come close to if not exceed $1 trillion in fiscal 2019 and will likely exceed $1 trillion in fiscal 2020 and beyond. And this is before the additional deficits created by the tax reform bill and the just passed two year budget.

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 07:30:12 am »
Don't worry, between Trump's tariffs, his driving away anyone wanting to invest in the US with his fascist racism and his blowing up the deficit with his fraudulent tax bill, I'm sure everyone will soon be reminded about how shitty Republicans are on the economy.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 09:53:02 am »
Don't worry, between Trump's tariffs, his driving away anyone wanting to invest in the US with his fascist racism and his blowing up the deficit with his fraudulent tax bill, I'm sure everyone will soon be reminded about how shitty Republicans are on the economy.
He's going to leave a lot of problems behind, unfortunately.

One big one that the right has foisted on the American people is an oligarchy that, even with very low unemployment, is still able to pay low wages and to keep people in part-time and temp jobs. And now they have a Supreme Court that is a corporate dream, ready to stand with big business at every turn.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 02:00:31 pm »
Clinton budget surpluses were partly because the Republican congress wouldn't approve all his spending requests and partly because he dipped into Social Security.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 08:30:03 pm »
Clinton budget surpluses were partly because the Republican congress wouldn't approve all his spending requests and partly because he dipped into Social Security.
Clintonís large budget surpluses also owe much to the Social Security tax on payrolls. Social Security taxes now bring in more than the cost of current benefits, and the "Social Security surplus" makes the total deficit or surplus figures look better than they would if Social Security wasnít counted. But even if we remove Social Security from the equation, there was a surplus of $1.9 billion in fiscal 1999 and $86.4 billion in fiscal 2000.

ALL the FACTS, ma'am.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 08:03:39 am »
All the facts dillweed is that Social Security has had a shortage for years because it was dipped into by greedy politicians looking to spend working people's money.  That money is gone now. 

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 08:57:42 am »
The average social security payout is $1,422 a month... and will rise 2.8% in 2019 ... so not all gone.

Of course, long term English teachers abroad will be in a bad spot in that regard, so they'd better save up extra to compensate.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2018, 04:37:23 am »

Just hilarious.

Soar not sore. Maybe you're sore.

The deficit is exploding, yet trump is talking about more tax cuts in an effort to sway dupes like yourself.

What you think is a joke is going to have real consequences for middle and lower class Americans.

BTW, Clinton balanced the budget and then Bush spent the surplus on Cheney's war. Why is everyone on the right so uninformed?

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 05:09:13 am »
Multinational corporations pressing Congress to adopt an updated version of the North America Free Trade Agreement shed over half a million U.S. jobs for trade-related reasons since NAFTA took effect, according to a new analysis of government data.

The analysis, conducted by Public Citizenís Global Trade Watch, a liberal nonprofit critical of recent trade agreements, found that 182 U.S. companies pushing for ďNAFTA 2.0Ē ― either directly or through groups representing them ― had outsourced 225,527 jobs to countries with cheaper labor since 1994. The companies lost 284,489 more jobs due to heightened competition from cheaper foreign imports or other unspecified trade-related reasons, Public Citizen concluded.

Public Citizenís research aims to cast doubt on President Donald Trumpís contention that the revised trade agreement he negotiated, officially known as the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement, or USMCA, fixes the flaws in NAFTA that cost American workers jobs.

ďHaving corporate coalitions packed with chronic outsourcers of American jobs spending millions to pass NAFTA 2.0 certainly eviscerates Trumpís claim to have replaced NAFTA with a totally different deal that is good for working people,Ē said Lori Wallach, director of Public Citizenís Global Trade Watch.

• SanderB
  • Super Waygook

• June 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm
    • Burning Oil Be Best
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 05:34:22 am »
LOL ;D

12%... that's like Korean taxes right haha ;D ;D ;D

I guess it's useless to try talk sense here. Oh my days, how our poor kids will curse us!
Fiat voluntas tua- What you want is allowed