Read 1064 times

• dakota615
  • Newgookin

• May 08, 2018, 11:39:54 pm
    • California
Hi everyone,

I finished college a little over a year and a half ago. I received my bachelor of arts in Journalism and have been working a variety of jobs relating to the hospitality industry for over 7 years now. I'm 25 years old.

I'd like to utilize my communication, writing, project management skills to teach students English in another country.

Ideally, I would like to teach in Korea's most cosmopolitan cities  (Seoul or Busan), I know it's not going to be easy, but it's worth a shot. I prefer not to live in a rural area or small town my first year in SK.

Thanks

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
Re: Recent College Graduate (BA) Looking to Teach in South Korea
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 12:36:45 pm »
Get a TESOL or Tefol certification- with classroom hours.

Public school jobs- little harder to land in big cities, but possible. More hours at work, less teaching hours. Pros- Decent pay and benefits; insurance, vacation, pension, etc. Cons-Desk warming, less teaching creativity, office politics.

Hagwon- Easier to land in big cities, read and check the contract thoroughly. Also research what is non-negotiable, work hours, pay, vacation, housing, etc. Less working hours, but more teaching hours.  Pros- Usually more classroom freedom, higher level students (usually), better schedule, may be able to get side gigs (if your employer is cool wit it). Cons- shady owners/managers, micro-management if they don't like you, less pay, shorter vacation times, always need to make sure your contract is being honored; insurance, pension, severance, work hours/overtime, etc.

• Bruce
  • Newgookin

• April 17, 2018, 05:01:33 pm
    • Seoul, Gwangjin
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 02:07:02 pm »
Good day, sir or ma'am.

I'd like to offer you a great opening job.

If you start to work with us, you can live in Seoul.

Please contact me with my e-mail(bruce517@parkcoach.com) or mobile(010-3330-5380)

• kelvin
  • Explorer

• September 25, 2018, 06:42:50 am
    • geoje
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 07:06:15 am »
hello, my name is Mr Kelvin, and i have a good job offer for you which will not take your time but you will get paid allowance... kindle drop me your kakao talk ID or Kakao talk number..

Thanks