Read 1462 times

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
Bill Cosby found guilty of sexual assault in retrial
« on: April 27, 2018, 05:33:51 pm »

NY Times April 26 

A jury found bill Cosby guilty Thursday of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman at his home 14 years ago, capping the downfall of one of the world's best-known entertainers, and offering a measure of satisfaction to the dozens of women who for years have accused him of similar assaults against them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/arts/television/bill-cosby-guilty-retrial.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Finally society is beginning to wake up to the reality that apparently wholesome popular famous people that "everyone loves" can in fact be arrogant closet abusers.
Catch my drift?

Re: Bill Cosby found guilty of sexual assault in retrial
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 05:38:20 pm »
Finally society is beginning to wake up to the reality that apparently wholesome popular famous people that "everyone loves" can in fact be arrogant closet abusers.

I think Brits learned that lesson a while ago.

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 07:26:53 am »
It sounds like he is a victim of both #MeToo and white supremacy.

"After Bill Cosby was sentenced to prison on Tuesday, his defense team made fiery accusations of racism and sexism in statements outside the courthouse, framing their client’s downfall as an unjust product of the #MeToo era.

"Speaking under an umbrella in pouring rain, Mr. Cosby’s publicist, Andrew Wyatt, said his client’s defeat was part of the 'sex war' happening in Washington, comparing it to accusations of sexual misconduct against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh that are roiling the capital.

"Mr. Wyatt said that Mr. Cosby, once a beloved actor and comedian, had endured the 'most racist and sexist trial' in the country’s history....

" 'They persecuted Jesus, and look what happened,' he said. 'Not saying Mr. Cosby is Jesus, but we know what this country has done to black men for centuries.' "
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/us/cosby-jail-racist-sex-war.html

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 07:37:07 am »

"After Bill Cosby was sentenced to prison on Tuesday, his defense team made fiery accusations of racism and sexism in statements outside the courthouse, framing their client’s downfall as an unjust product of the #MeToo era.

"Speaking under an umbrella in pouring rain, Mr. Cosby’s publicist, Andrew Wyatt, said his client’s defeat was part of the 'sex war' happening in Washington, comparing it to accusations of sexual misconduct against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh that are roiling the capital.

"Mr. Wyatt said that Mr. Cosby, once a beloved actor and comedian, had endured the 'most racist and sexist trial' in the country’s history....

" 'They persecuted Jesus, and look what happened,' he said. 'Not saying Mr. Cosby is Jesus, but we know what this country has done to black men for centuries.' "

Well, I rapped upon a house

With the U.S. flag upon display

I said, “Could you help me out

I got some friends down the way”

The man says, “Get out of here

I’ll tear you limb from limb”

I said, “You know they refused Jesus, too”

He said, “You’re not Him

Get out of here before I break your bones

I ain’t your pop”

I decided to have him arrested

And I went looking for a cop
The joys of fauxtherhood

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• August 29, 2017, 10:26:13 am
    • Cheongju
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 12:24:11 pm »

If we start painting every sexist crime as a false product of #MeToo, no sexists will go to jail.

Not saying every accusation is justified, but we can't ignore the ones that are.
The World Ends With You

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 12:47:23 pm »
If we start painting every sexist crime as a false product of #MeToo, no sexists will go to jail.

Not saying every accusation is justified, but we can't ignore the ones that are.

This is such an easy, middle of the road thing to say though.

And the whole point is to be neutral on the very first showing of an accusation and figure out if it might be true.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 12:54:16 pm »

This is such an easy, middle of the road thing to say though.

And the whole point is to be neutral on the very first showing of an accusation and figure out if it might be true.

You're right. There are just some people out there who might think things like  "Men can't be victims." and that is far from true. There needs to be justice for all.
The World Ends With You

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 01:28:36 pm »
I haven't been keeping up with the details of this trial. Was there sufficient forensic or digital evidence presented in the trial?
Articles of Confederation, the supreme law of the land.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 07:39:13 pm »
Digital evidence? You mean like sniffing his fingers (digits)?

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 11:21:23 pm »
This conviction of Bill Cosby is a result of the #Metoo movement. However I think that the #MeToo movement
has proven to be racist because it lead to the conviction of a black man, and at the same time they failed to
convict a white Jewish man named Harvey Weinstein.

Not to mention the #MeToo movement has done nothing to stop human trafficking of women of colour,
neither has it stood up for the missing and murdered indigenous women in North America. So the #MeToo
movement is nothing but a racist movement made up of feminists who want to whore themselves
and take down a man of colour very easily, even if consent was agreed upon by both parties.

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 11:49:24 pm »
This conviction of Bill Cosby is a result of the #Metoo movement. However I think that the #MeToo movement
has proven to be racist because it lead to the conviction of a black man, and at the same time they failed to

Not to mention the #MeToo movement has done nothing to stop human trafficking of women of colour,
neither has it stood up for the missing and murdered indigenous women in North America. So the #MeToo
movement is nothing but a racist movement made up of feminists who want to whore themselves
and take down a man of colour very easily, even if consent was agreed upon by both parties.

You can't just cry racism every time a black person gets convicted or a white person is let off. This is the mentality of a child. You have to look at each case on its own merits.

By the way Harvey Weistein is awaiting trial.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:52:42 pm by eggieguffer »

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 11:53:13 pm »
You can't just say it's racism every time a black person gets convicted or a white person is let off. This is the mentality of a child. You have to look at each case on its own merits.

Let me guess, you don't see colour. This is 2018, all you should see is colour!
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 11:57:16 pm »
You can't just say it's racism every time a black person gets convicted or a white person is let off. This is the mentality of a child. You have to look at each case on its own merits.

Let me guess, you don't see colour. This is 2018, all you should see is colour!

Yes, 25 years ago it would have seemed unnecessary to have to say say take each case on its merits. Now I'm not so sure.

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 12:11:19 am »

You can't just cry racism every time a black person gets convicted or a white person is let off. This is the mentality of a child. You have to look at each case on its own merits.

You are the one who is racist to tell a black person like me that I am thinking like a child because you
have no social consciousness to see that racism still exists in different forms. And I can assure you that
when Weinstein goes on trial they will let him go scotch free. This is why I believe that every black man
and Native American man must take a stand for out black women and Native women and tell the world
the same thing that Malcolm X said: We will kill you for our women.
Don't take these words as a personal threat. Take these words as serious words against anyone who
puts their filthy hands on our women.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:13:13 am by Foreverparadise »

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 12:17:55 am »
Don't take these words as a personal threat. Take these words as serious words against anyone who

I'm sure all black women and native women everywhere sleep sound at night knowing that you consider them "yours."
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 12:22:44 am »

You are the one who is racist to tell a black person like me that I am thinking like a child because you
have no social consciousness to see that racism still exists in different forms. And I can assure you that
when Weinstein goes on trial they will let him go scotch free. This is why I believe that every black man
and Native American man must take a stand for out black women and Native women and tell the world

I'm not being racist, plenty of white people behave in the same way and they are like children too. I'm not saying racism doesn't exist in the US justice system either, just saying you have to look at each case separately. And you see you're doing exactly what I said was childish behavior,  automatically assuming that if someone criticizes you it's because of your race. Do you do this every time it happens in real life? Your sense of victim hood must be enormous.

What's 'scotch free' by the way, another term for rehab?

The rest of your post just comes across as insane ramblings, so I won't comment. You're talking
like some exaggerated black panther character from a bad blacksploitation movie from the 70s. No wonder you're still into Malcolm X.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:34:05 am by eggieguffer »

• JVPrice
  • Expert Waygook

• Cheongju
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 07:30:56 am »

I'm black, and I think you're being ridiculous. What eggie said is right, we have to judge each case by its own merits. Nobody's saying that racism doesn't exist.
The World Ends With You

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 09:44:52 am »

I'm not being racist, plenty of white people behave in the same way and they are like children too. I'm not saying racism doesn't exist in the US justice system either, just saying you have to look at each case separately. And you see you're doing exactly what I said was childish behavior,  automatically assuming that if someone criticizes you it's because of your race. Do you do this every time it happens in real life? Your sense of victim hood must be enormous.

The rest of your post just comes across as insane ramblings, so I won't comment. You're talking
like some exaggerated black panther character from a bad blacksploitation movie from the 70s. No wonder you're still into Malcolm X.

If I accused you for being racist then I apologize, but I will not apologize to the truth of racial inequalities
in the American justice system.

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2018, 10:05:32 am »

If I accused you for being racist then I apologize, but I will not apologize to the truth of racial inequalities
in the American justice system.

Name a specific case and we can agree or disagree whether the person was unfairly acquitted or prosecuted. Of course you realise that even if a white person was unfairly let off or a black person unfairly prosecuted, that still doesn't prove racial inequality. Just as the OJ Simpson case doesn't prove black people get favourable treatment. You'd have to recognise a general pattern of inequality among very similar cases. 

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2018, 10:10:57 am »

Name a specific case and we can agree or disagree whether the person was unfairly acquitted or prosecuted. Of course you realise that even if a white person was unfairly let off or a black person unfairly prosecuted, that still doesn't prove racial inequality. Just as the OJ Simpson case doesn't prove black people get favourable treatment. You'd have to recognise a general pattern of inequality among very similar cases.

Or specific laws that target one group over another, ex. crack and cocaine laws. Of course, everyone knows crack users are predominantly black and cocaine users are predominantly white. Though I suppose you could make an argument that this is more of a class issue than a race one (and I'm sympathetic to that, but I don't buy it completely).

distribution of just 5 grams of crack carries a minimum 5-year federal prison sentence, while distribution of 500 grams of powder cocaine carries the same 5-year mandatory minimum sentence.

https://www.aclu.org/other/cracks-system-20-years-unjust-federal-crack-cocaine-law

EDIT: you can also read more here: https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2010/08/03/data-show-racial-disparity-in-crack-sentencing
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:13:32 am by tylerthegloob »