Read 13545 times

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: California is a failing state.
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2018, 10:26:25 am »
Just like Italian-Americans?

There were probably way more Italian home speakers at one time than any one Asian language being spoken at home.

And didn't that cause a few problems - gangsters policing their own communities, organised crime and stuff?
Just pointing out the fact that Italians did assimilate. Once the source of immigration is cut off, assimilation will be noticeable within a generation (that's at least 20 years). But, I guess people expect people to assimilate within 24 hours, or something. However, until that source of immigration continues in high numbers, you may not notice the assimilation process, even though it's happening with people already in country.
Not all demographics assimilate. The opposite seems to happen with Mexicans. Second generation Mexican Americans are more likely to become involved in gangs, crime, and more likely to be unemployed than their parents. Will the mass influx of Middle Eastern immigrants in Europe ever assimilate? I doubt it. They'll change Europe so that it is more like the place they left behind. They don't want to assimilate. They view their host country as inferior. They respect the law and authorities in their religion but not the laws of their host country.
Seems like they've assimilated, just not in a productive way. Now why would that be? Surely the Pope is not to blame.

You are probably the most racist person on this thread . Just thought Iíd try your argument .
Or when they make up 22 percent of federal prisoners .
Roman Catholics make up 22% of federal prisoners? Are the nuns to blame, or is it the short skirts Catholic school girls wear?
W
Shot up any Waffle Houses lately?

Typical lefty making light of tragedies.    Didnít you start a post celebrating the death of skme guy because he was a republican ?
I believe that was the devil celebrating the arrival of another repugnican hypocrite.

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2018, 12:40:02 pm »
I believe that was the devil celebrating the arrival of another repugnican hypocrite.
I thought you went back to Florida to join the resistance? How's that working out? What activities are you engaged in?

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2018, 08:54:11 pm »
I thought you went back to Florida to join the resistance? How's that working out? What activities are you engaged in?
Was in the March for Life, working with the Sierra Club, celebrated Earth Day festivities, volunteering at my local library, making phone calls to my elected officials--starting small while still getting moved in.

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2018, 09:31:24 pm »
Was in the March for Life, working with the Sierra Club, celebrated Earth Day festivities, volunteering at my local library, making phone calls to my elected officials--starting small while still getting moved in.

If you really want to change people's minds about stuff, argue the issues and cut out the childish jokes and ad hominems. They're more likely to put fence sitters off your causes. If your aim is just to try and wind people up on here, carry on.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2018, 09:33:18 pm »

If you really want to change people's minds about stuff, argue the issues and cut out the childish jokes and ad hominems. They're more likely to put fence sitters off your causes. If your aim is just to try and wind people up on here, carry on.
No one is going to change the minds of the white supremacists who post on here. Pretty soon one of them will be banging on about the lynching museum in Birmingham and then in the next breath defending the Confederate commemorations and statues in the same city.

Think about it--incel types are defending the Toronto murderer on the internet. Minds aren't being changed here.

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2018, 09:44:15 pm »

No one is going to change the minds of the white supremacists who post on here. Pretty soon one of them will be banging on about the lynching museum in Birmingham and then in the next breath defending the Confederate commemorations and statues in the same city.

Think about it--incel types are defending the Toronto murderer on the internet. Minds aren't being changed here.

You're taking the lazy way out. If you can respond politely and logically to people you disagree with, you may not convince them, but you can influence those people watching on the side lines who haven't made their minds up yet. Every time you say things like White Supremecist you're alienating those people on the fence not the real white supremacists .

This is not exactly a new idea. People were banging on about it for ages after Trump got elected. It seems you're a bit slow to catch on.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:48:46 pm by eggieguffer »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2018, 12:09:29 am »

You're taking the lazy way out. If you can respond politely and logically to people you disagree with, you may not convince them, but you can influence those people watching on the side lines who haven't made their minds up yet. Every time you say things like White Supremecist you're alienating those people on the fence not the real white supremacists .

This is not exactly a new idea. People were banging on about it for ages after Trump got elected. It seems you're a bit slow to catch on.
If only it were so. I've posted plenty of information here and who has changed their mind? What happens is they post something from alex jones or the like as a rebuttal. Most have gotten to the point they just post utube rants without any comment. They're trolls.

And they are white supremacists, so I'll damned well call them that. More research has just been published that shows what motivated trump voters was not the economy but the fear of America no longer being white, fear of losing white (male) privilege (which seems to be a strong underlying theme on this forum) and the fear of America falling behind China and losing the pride of being #1.

You can talk to such people until you are blue in the face and, just like the evangelicals who continue to stand behind trump, they'll ignore it all.

The lynching museum just opened so I have no idea what you're talking about when you say it isn't new.

Best wishes on your mission to win hearts and minds!

• KoreaBoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 25, 2014, 04:00:42 pm
    • Korealand
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2018, 05:14:02 am »
This topic has been covered extensively.  The fact that they are discussing this topic with such passion shows something is clearly wrong with the state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=172kawApWFU

• KoreaBoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 25, 2014, 04:00:42 pm
    • Korealand
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2018, 05:17:54 am »
This documentary from a scandinavian director takes a rather honest look at the current circumstances in the state, it's causes & potential future problems as things progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKkJB8Etq54

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2018, 07:54:58 am »

If only it were so. I've posted plenty of information here and who has changed their mind? What happens is they post something from alex jones or the like as a rebuttal. Most have gotten to the point they just post utube rants without any comment. They're trolls.

And they are white supremacists, so I'll damned well call them that. More research has just been published that shows what motivated trump voters was not the economy but the fear of America no longer being white, fear of losing white (male) privilege (which seems to be a strong underlying theme on this forum) and the fear of America falling behind China and losing the pride of being #1.

You can talk to such people until you are blue in the face and, just like the evangelicals who continue to stand behind trump, they'll ignore it all.

The lynching museum just opened so I have no idea what you're talking about when you say it isn't new.

You're not listening to what I'm saying. It's not the people you argue with who you have to convince (it's very unlikely you will) it's the bystanders who are just reading the debate and maybe wavering. Every time you accuse someone of being a White supremacist/Misogynist/Racist etc... you also convince those bystanders that you, and therefore the left doesn't have a proper argument.

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2018, 08:42:27 am »
I roll my eyes every time he says "repugnicans" or "Trumped-up," and I'm a Liberal. It just seems childish.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2018, 08:33:21 pm »
I roll my eyes every time he says "repugnicans" or "Trumped-up," and I'm a Liberal. It just seems childish.
Sorry meester to upset your sense of decorum.

Yes, let's play paddy cake while they do what they can to destroy the environment, wage war on the poor and people of color, put the US on a full-time war footing and more.

If that's all cool with you, meester, fine, But it's not with me, so if I'm  bugging you, tough patooties.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2018, 08:40:32 pm »

You're not listening to what I'm saying. It's not the people you argue with who you have to convince (it's very unlikely you will) it's the bystanders who are just reading the debate and maybe wavering. Every time you accuse someone of being a White supremacist/Misogynist/Racist etc... you also convince those bystanders that you, and therefore the left doesn't have a proper argument.
As for "bystanders," they need to inform themselves and not from a forum like this.

"I been next in line
I been next to nothing
Been next to bystanders
Who should have said something"

Neo-Nazis held a swastika burning following a white supremacist rally in the city of Newnan, Georgia, on Saturday.

Accusations, my sweet patootie.

• Mister Tim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 08, 2013, 10:33:54 am
    • SK
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2018, 10:52:06 pm »
Sorry meester to upset your sense of decorum.

Yes, let's play paddy cake while they do what they can to destroy the environment, wage war on the poor and people of color, put the US on a full-time war footing and more.

If that's all cool with you, meester, fine, But it's not with me, so if I'm  bugging you, tough patooties.

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2018, 11:09:53 am »

where is this research ? Most werenít racists   Iím glad trump didnt condemn them.  It was a ploy  to associate him with them .   The left never condemns their racists anti American extremists .    Nope they get invitations to White House dinners .
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 07:21:53 pm by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2018, 01:13:00 am »

You're taking the lazy way out. If you can respond politely and logically to people you disagree with, you may not convince them, but you can influence those people watching on the side lines who haven't made their minds up yet. Every time you say things like White Supremacist you're alienating those people on the fence not the real white supremacists .

Yes, everybody who disagrees with your hateful tone and long drawn out rhetoric is a white supremacist.  Kanye West is the leader of the KKK according to you.  Do you really feel the need to post here 50 times a day about your Trump hate and your bigotry towards people who aren't 100 per cent like you?  Frankly, it gets stale.  Posting something once in a while left or right is fine.  But you post here with an OCD non stop repetitiveness.  Trump this, Trump that, Trump yadda yadda....

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2018, 04:41:49 am »

where is this research ? Most werenít racists   Iím glad trump didnt condemn them.  It was a ploy  to associate him with them .   The left never condemns their racists anti American extremists .    Nope they get invitations to White House dinners .
Peer-reviews journals.

Anti-American extremists--you fit right in jimbo with your opposition to equality and most of the ideals America was founded on.

A ploy--you right-wingers sure do like you some conspiracy theories.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2018, 04:45:41 am »

You're taking the lazy way out. If you can respond politely and logically to people you disagree with, you may not convince them, but you can influence those people watching on the side lines who haven't made their minds up yet. Every time you say things like White Supremacist you're alienating those people on the fence not the real white supremacists .

Yes, everybody who disagrees with your hateful tone and long drawn out rhetoric is a white supremacist.  Kanye West is the leader of the KKK according to you.  Do you really feel the need to post here 50 times a day about your Trump hate and your bigotry towards people who aren't 100 per cent like you?  Frankly, it gets stale.  Posting something once in a while left or right is fine.  But you post here with an OCD non stop repetitiveness.  Trump this, Trump that, Trump yadda yadda....
Is it that hot already in SK? Or is just thinking about the summer coming getting to you and causing your trump-like meltdown?

Never posted about kanye, so stop with the lies. Or is lying a prerequisite for all bone spurs supporters?

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2018, 10:20:45 am »

Right so liberals have to be extremely careful about their tone lest they offend someone, but it's perfectly fine when conservatives literally defend literal murderous Nazis.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

• Chester Jim
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 05, 2015, 02:17:12 pm
    • Arkansas
    more
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2018, 10:22:58 am »

Peer-reviews journals.

Anti-American extremists--you fit right in jimbo with your opposition to equality and most of the ideals America was founded on.

A ploy--you right-wingers sure do like you some conspiracy theories.

Iím a right ht winger?   
How do I opposes equality?
You canít just say peer reviewed journals and be done with it.

You canít find any evidence  that trump supporters were racist by And large.
Because they werenít
There were actual reasons they were angry at democrats .  Can you think of any?  Or are you so blind
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 10:25:43 am by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!