Read 1268 times

• sheila
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• November 23, 2009, 08:32:58 am
    • Gangnamgu, Seoul
Lesson 2: Have Fun at School!
« on: April 12, 2018, 10:53:05 am »
This is a thread for any lesson material for 동아출판 Middle School English 1 Lesson 2: Have Fun at School! Please share your contributions here. Be sure to explain exactly what you are posting and please do not post multi-level materials in this thread. Also, any review lessons or materials should be posted in the review section for this grade. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check out the older edition of the book for similar materials. Best of luck in your lesson planning!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:49:45 am by sheila »
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!
www.freerice.com

• jambles
  • Waygookin

• August 30, 2017, 10:09:45 am
    • Republic of Korea
Re: Lesson 2: Think Safe, Act Safe
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 01:26:52 pm »
Simple vocab puzzles for this lesson again, answer keys on the second page. :)

1.1 - Word search with unscramble and matching to hangul word.
1.2 - Crossword with hints in hangul, unscramble, and matching.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:27:41 pm by jambles »

• emcee
  • Adventurer

• November 21, 2016, 08:00:56 am
    • Korea
Re: Lesson 2: Have Fun at School!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 02:32:49 pm »
Here's my stuff for the first part of Lesson 2.

Pretty straightforward stuff, but I hope it helps you guys make a PPT. :)

Enjoy.

• emcee
  • Adventurer

• November 21, 2016, 08:00:56 am
    • Korea
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 02:37:11 pm »
And here's part 2.

I used a sleeping elephants style game along with the book sticker activity. I ended up abandoning the stickers all together, and just having the students write down the sentences.

Hope you enjoy ;)

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 10:08:13 am »
1. Lesson 2 - Worksheet w/ PPT (to go over the answers together)

2. Bingo - Worksheet (I ask Ss to give me different places and verbs+ing and I write them on the board. Then they choose from them to write on their Bingo card. I choose random Ss to choose a word and they have to say it in the proper Key Expression (ie. I am in the CAFE.)

3. Whiteboard PPT Game - You'll need those small individual whiteboards...but basically in groups they have to write the answer OR the question. My point system:
+2: first answer
+1: any correct answer
+1 extra point: creative answer
So students can choose whether to be SUPER FAST or think thoughtfully. I have a middle/low school so I want to encourage them to think beyond just a simple answer.

4. Extra Credit Worksheet - I give $$ to my students and they can buy/earn 상점 OR candy. I actually drew in pictures of people doing things but you can easily find a picture online of many people doing different things and paste it there instead. They have to write what someone is doing.

5. Lemon Tree Listening worksheet w/ Music and PPT (yeah I know, almost all the kids know it but still! Good review ^^). On the PPT, I included music for SLOW and Normal so kids can sing it slowly and then at the regular tempo.
Basically they listen to it slowly a few times, then we read it together, we sing with the slow music, and then sing with the fast music. Seems very redundant/boring but I tell them it's to practice speaking.  :huh: :P

**feel free to PM for materials too!**
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:11:02 am by orange6ur1 »

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 11:59:53 am »
Threw this together with a few things I found on Waygook, thanks to the original posters!

Lesson consists of

- warm up with word riddles
- introduction to key expressions
- practice
- Bookwork
- sleeping Thors game

let me know if you find any major errors in the ppt.

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 07:05:39 am »
Two pictures, One Word warm up. I made them do it as a writing race to take up more time.

PPT goes through all the steps.

Worksheet for more practice.

Game is Chinese Whispers. I have large classes so each team had two lines. One was the location line and one was an activity line. First group to finish and fill out their chart correctly wins.
The writer will ask "where is john" and the location line whisper it one by one until it gets back to the writer. Then the writer will ask " whats he doing there" then the activity line starts.

• treeclouds
  • Waygookin

• February 08, 2017, 12:32:04 am
    • Brighton
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 09:35:11 am »
Simpson themed:

Lesson 1: Start off with a review also put a very quick intro to question making in there as well (might want to delete this because it does need a lesson by itself), then on the the where portion. In the book I just look at the intro page and ask where the students are. For the where are the Simpsons, the picture links to the Simpsons intro then you can pause it at different times to ask where they are.

• treeclouds
  • Waygookin

• Brighton
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 09:43:42 am »
This is the rest of Lesson 1, for some reason (gifs) it was too big to post as one lesson so just join them together.

• treeclouds
  • Waygookin

• Brighton
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 09:55:37 am »
Lesson 2: Present progressive. Quick review from previous lesson then on to present progressive practice. Complete the book then if there's time there's a game in two teams, each student has a number. I cut out sentences and leave them at the back of the room then show the Simpsons gifs and shout out a number. The two corresponding students race to find the correct sentence and bring it back to me.

• treeclouds
  • Waygookin

• Brighton
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 09:58:48 am »
Yeah, another part 2 because it was too big, join them together. Or make a whole new lesson! This is just the simpson wall card gif game at the end. Just cut out each sentence and scatter them on a desk randomly.