Read 2520 times

• sheila
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• November 23, 2009, 08:32:58 am
    • Gangnamgu, Seoul
Lesson 1: Heart to Heart
« on: April 12, 2018, 10:52:44 am »
This is a thread for any lesson material for 동아출판 Middle School English 1 Lesson 1: Heart to Heart.  Please share your contributions here. Be sure to explain exactly what you are posting and please do not post multi-level materials in this thread. Also, any review lessons or materials should be posted in the review section for this grade. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check out the older edition of the book for similar materials. Best of luck in your lesson planning!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:50:01 am by sheila »
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!
www.freerice.com

• jambles
  • Waygookin

• August 30, 2017, 10:09:45 am
    • Republic of Korea
Re: Lesson 1: This is Me!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 01:02:26 pm »
My classes always need some time fillers after the kids practice speaking. Here are some simple puzzles to reinforce some of the vocab from this lesson.

Puzzle 1.1 - Word search, unscramble and matching to hangul.
Puzzle 1.2 - Crossword puzzle from Korean to English, unscramble and matching.

There's an answer key on page two. :)

• emcee
  • Adventurer

• November 21, 2016, 08:00:56 am
    • Korea
Re: Lesson 1: Heart to Heart
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 09:53:43 am »
Just reposting my lesson from the old thread. Lots of people already improved on it, but its a good template for the lesson I think.

Hope you enjoy.

• treeclouds
  • Waygookin

• February 08, 2017, 12:32:04 am
    • Brighton
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 03:58:26 pm »
Deal or no deal review for Unit 1.

• missnz
  • Newgookin

• February 28, 2019, 09:32:21 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 10:38:06 am »
Just reposting my lesson from the old thread. Lots of people already improved on it, but its a good template for the lesson I think.

Hope you enjoy.

Hey not sure if you're still here, or if anyone is posting on here now. I just arrived at my school, and was basically given the book and told to plan only speaking and listening.

Does anyone have a PPT, or a lesson plan for lesson 1 on grade 1 middle here? So I can see how things are set out?

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 11:15:37 am »
Well, you could use this for the listening part...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g62FAjh400A

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 08:53:41 pm »

Hope you enjoy.

Hey not sure if you're still here, or if anyone is posting on here now. I just arrived at my school, and was basically given the book and told to plan only speaking and listening.

Does anyone have a PPT, or a lesson plan for lesson 1 on grade 1 middle here? So I can see how things are set out?

I'm going to send you a PM with a link to some resources that you can look at for this.

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 11:22:13 am »
 I  would  like to know how did you guys break down a chapter? Other textbooks I've  used before usually had two expressions per chapter. I used to do a lesson per expression with a final review combining both. What did you do to make each chapter last about 2-3 lessons?

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 11:30:58 am »
I  would  like to know how did you guys break down a chapter? Other textbooks I've  used before usually had two expressions per chapter. I used to do a lesson per expression with a final review combining both. What did you do to make each chapter last about 2-3 lessons?

You mean for this book specifically, or just in general?

For this book specifically, you can still pull target expressions from each chapter. I usually focus on two expressions per week, but my schools usually don't want me to spend more than a couple of weeks on each lesson, so I introduce the more challenging expressions or concepts in the first week, play a game or do an activity that has them practicing those expressions (ideally to a point where they no longer have to "cheat"), review them in the second week, learn the other set of expressions right after the review, then play a game or do an activity that combines all of the expressions. If I have time or I'm told to spend an extra week on the lessons, I normally find a game or activity that uses the grammar points in each lesson and will apply them using the expressions as much as possible.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 11:34:30 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 06:43:31 pm »

Same here. But this is how i do it
Week 1: introduce expression, fill out the first page of the book and do some speaking activity.

Week 2: review expressions again, then on the 2nd page of the book, i give them a worksheet where they have to listen to the dialog and fill in the blank, or circle the correct work while they follow along. I have students volunteer to give me the right answer. Then we do some type of small writing & presentation that is easy and many students can do it b/c i walk around helping those who need help but it’s pretty simple. Anyway it gives students a chance to speak.

Week 3: a small drawing and writing project, or maybe a “fun” worksheet + another final speaking game. In the book, there is a “Think & Write” section at the back of each chapter that i also have to teach so i do something similar sometimes. This allows higher level students to really shine and express themselves and you can help those who are struggling. It’s kind of relaxing because you can take one whole class time to do a mini project. They arrange their desk to face each other (4 desk at a time) so students kind of chat, write, chat, write. :)
Then if there’s time left, i have students present their work.

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 12:32:55 pm »
A mashup of a few things I've found on here put into an order that makes sense to me - it may make sense to you too!

- Introduction to the Key Expressions
- Hidden picture warm-up activity
- Bookwork pages 12 and 13
- Pass the Chicken game - I have a chicken plushy I use, you can use whatever you want! A ball, a pencil case, a trashcan - honestly whatever you can think of, I don't even mind at all!

Hope it helps!

• josieb93
  • Adventurer

• August 29, 2018, 03:11:06 pm
    • Gumi
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 12:29:46 am »
This material is just taking inspiration from the key phrases in the textbook.
All of this material is an amalgamation from other waygookers posts. I did not make the game!
Thanks, everyone!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 01:32:16 pm by josieb93 »