Read 905 times

• LDa5215
  • Newgookin

• April 10, 2018, 01:37:14 am
    • United States
First Hagwon Contract Help
« on: April 10, 2018, 01:51:21 am »
Hello everyone!

I will soon be posting a (slightly modified, and without my name etc) version of my first contract for review, but I had some more general questions first that I would also like assistance with if at all possible.

First, it seems like the hagwon I am in touch with will be able to revise a portion of my contract that had the 3.3% tax mentioned.  To my knowledge, this is a red flag that I would have been inaccurately classified as a contractor.  I have now received a short apology about that miscommunication, written confirmation that the contract will soon be revised and have me listed as an employee, and an Excel file attachment that itemizes out what deductions will be taken from monthly pay.  Deductions come to about 11 percent of my overall pay and include the following:

Pension
Health Insurance
Employment Insurance
Long Term Care Insurance For The Aged
Income Tax
and Regional Income Tax

-- Does this seem to cover all of the needed bases?  I am slightly concerned by the fact that the first draft of my contract simply had that 3.3% tax clearly listed.  I'd like to think that I am not the first that has caught onto that error, especially since this a hagwon chain, and I hope that all goes well with the hagwon's current employees come tax time if that was left incorrect in earlier contracts.  They seem unwilling to give me current or former teacher contact info, and I probably wouldn't be "revolutionary" enough to punchily bring up that tax snafu, but I have also read that it is sometimes a red flag if a hagwon WON'T give you that info.  I'd like opinions on that as well.  In the next few days, I will post the contract itself with all personal info taken out, but I'd appreciate opinions on the issues I just brought up in the meantime.

Thanks in advance!

--LD

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:52:57 am by LDa5215 »

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
Re: First Hagwon Contract Help
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 07:55:13 am »
I've never heard of: Long Term Care Insurance For The Aged, Employment Insurance, and Regional Income Tax. in a contract here before.
I think: pension, income tax, NHIS (national health plan), are the only tax deductions that should be happening, but I hope someone more knowledgeable than me can help.