Read 1891 times

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
Seriously, enough with the banning of people mods!!!
« on: April 04, 2018, 12:47:57 pm »
Seriously, enough with the banning of people mods!!!  So, whoever worked at one of my elementary schools last year was banned.  (I guess it was when this site turned into a pay site and some large contributors got kicked off so they wouldn't snatch their lesson plans.)  Anyways, six months later you moderators need to remove them now and all their ip addresses from the ban.  It's screwing up the rest of us.  Whoever worked at my elementary school last year was banned and now I can't log in under my own name at that school because of his or her ban.  I paid for a year membership and I would appreciate being able to access the site I paid for.  So, will you please do the rest of us a favor and remove the bans or ban the names but not the IP addresses as teacher move on? 

Thank you. 

(Maybe I'll message a moderator too.)

• sleepy
  • Veteran

• April 02, 2013, 03:05:44 pm
Re: Seriously, enough with the banning of people mods!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 01:00:12 pm »
Why don't you just access it via a free VPN?

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 02:35:54 pm »
I guess I could find a free one at school.  But I mean seriously whats with the overkill?  You are banned and your children are banned and your children's children are banned?  Why not just have asked these old members to voluntarily contribute some money instead of banning them for giving too many ppts in the past?  I mean geeze.  Its been six months already.  New teachers go to the schools.  Ban the name not the ip addresses or just let them come back already.  I doubt most will delete their ppts.

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• May 02, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 03:31:03 pm »
I guess I could find a free one at school.  But I mean seriously whats with the overkill?  You are banned and your children are banned and your children's children are banned?  Why not just have asked these old members to voluntarily contribute some money instead of banning them for giving too many ppts in the past?  I mean geeze.  Its been six months already.  New teachers go to the schools.  Ban the name not the ip addresses or just let them come back already.  I doubt most will delete their ppts.
People didn't get banned because the site became a pay site. They get banned for other reasons, like trolling. Sometimes trolls create other accounts, so the IP address is banned. If you ask a mod to fix unblock your school, I am sure they can do it.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 08:40:18 pm »
No many trolls and non trolls got banned last October or was it November?  It was around the time of the pay site rollout.  Lots were coming on and removing their ppts.  So, it was easier to ban than to keep them.  I personally don't care about the banning.  Just remove the ip address after 6 months or something.  I have not seen many trolls get banned from here, just muted, moderated, etc from time to time.  But anyways, folks change schools every March or move to other contracts, etc.  Sometimes in September too. 

I think my teacher last year was banned or maybe it was the after school teacher.  One of my schools has one of those too.  But I never see the dude.  He's not there every day. 

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 08:44:35 pm »
Hmmm.  Then again, I haven't seen gators on here (just recently) and he was trolling everyone forever and posting obsessively.  So maybe folks do get banned.  I just hadn't seen it until last fall when a bunch of folks migrated to another site.

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Incheon
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 07:52:57 am »
Accounts do get banned, but accounts weren't banned for removing their materials. Think about it: how would they even predict who was going to do that? Plus, it isn't hard to remove the materials quickly, without going through the paywall. Many users did remove their materials, but why ban them after the fact?

Anyway, I personally know a mod, but they are not active anymore because they left Korea about a year ago. But they told me that accounts do get banned for various reasons, and it's always violating the rules after several warnings. And, I think only Arsalan can ban an account flat out. But, from what they told me (and we have stayed in touch since they left and we did briefly talk about the paywall roll out last fall) accounts weren't banned for taking their materials off the site.

Anyway, I hope your problem gets sorted out. A VPN is a good idea too. My school blocks Gmail, so having one is a must for me if I want to check my email or use drive.

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 08:52:58 am »
Accounts do get banned, but accounts weren't banned for removing their materials. Think about it: how would they even predict who was going to do that? Plus, it isn't hard to remove the materials quickly, without going through the paywall. Many users did remove their materials, but why ban them after the fact?

Anyway, I personally know a mod, but they are not active anymore because they left Korea about a year ago. But they told me that accounts do get banned for various reasons, and it's always violating the rules after several warnings. And, I think only Arsalan can ban an account flat out. But, from what they told me (and we have stayed in touch since they left and we did briefly talk about the paywall roll out last fall) accounts weren't banned for taking their materials off the site.

Anyway, I hope your problem gets sorted out. A VPN is a good idea too. My school blocks Gmail, so having one is a must for me if I want to check my email or use drive.

Actually a lot of the major contributors did get banned for removing materials whilst speaking out and posting them elsewhere. That's why they banned them so the creator couldn't delete the files.
Who is here in 2019?

• pit23
  • Adventurer

• October 19, 2010, 08:33:50 pm
    • KR
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 10:46:36 am »

Actually a lot of the major contributors did get banned for removing materials whilst speaking out and posting them elsewhere. That's why they banned them so the creator couldn't delete the files.

Wait, they banned people because they wanted to take their materials off the site? That seems super shitty to me. 

• annataleen
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Incheon
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 11:18:13 am »

If you want to believe that, that is fine. But it isn't true.

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 11:32:36 am »
Yeah actually it's true.  It's just the banned folks who all got banned at the same time (last fall) aren't here to argue their case.  These were folks who were on waygook and contributed for years.  If these folks were going to get a permanent ban for trolling for arguing or whatever they would have been banned long ago rather than all together in one big swoop last fall when it switched to a pay site.  Many of them ended up on the other site and said so.  You can go over and ask them yourself if you wish.  Now, I don't really care about it.  But, it's just irritating that one of my schools I can't access the site because of the teacher last year or the current after school teacher.  I am not sure which.  Block the name and lift the IP Bans.  If you must ban it, then ban it for 2 or 3 months.  Anyways, new semester, new school year.  It's just annoying even if there are ways around it.  My main issue is with so many IPs being permanently banned all over Korea when folks need to access it via work computers for the ppts they paid to access or whatever. 

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 12:00:28 pm »
Well it seems the only solution is to ban OP then the problem is solved, right??

Kidding kidding

But no, people were banned for speaking out about the paywall. They then in turn couldn't delete their material. So not banned for removing lessons but the result was about the same.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 12:02:57 pm by thunderlips »

• kengreen
  • Expert Waygook

• July 03, 2013, 11:30:02 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 01:22:54 pm »
What is the other site?

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Near Busan
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 03:04:33 am »
Well, if you see me not posting on here any longer, you'll know I was banned for speaking.   :P  (Just give me back my 20 bucks for accessing the power points if you guys do ban me.) 

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 03:32:13 pm »
What is the other site?
If I put the URL up, it won't work for you because they have a script running on the board that will automatically change the URL to something useless.

But you could go to google and type in the first three letters of Korea plus the word share all as one word and that should get you there...

• kengreen
  • Expert Waygook

• July 03, 2013, 11:30:02 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 04:00:52 pm »
What is the other site?
If I put the URL up, it won't work for you because they have a script running on the board that will automatically change the URL to something useless.

But you could go to google and type in the first three letters of Korea plus the word share all as one word and that should get you there...

Thanks. The other site seems to be mainly about lesson plans. I'm more into inane chatter.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:04:12 pm by kengreen »

• Cyanea
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 04, 2016, 01:48:24 pm
    • Las Vegas
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 10:47:20 am »
People didn't get banned because the site became a pay site. They get banned for other reasons, like trolling.

Actually they don't: trolls get to run wild on this site.

Maybe the trolls are the mods sock puppets because they never get banned for attacking and instigating. Either way seems like the mods have simply given up policing this site for the past 3 months or so.
Catch my drift?