Read 3103 times

• kengreen
  • Expert Waygook

• July 03, 2013, 11:30:02 am
    • South Korea
Read My Book
« on: March 17, 2018, 12:18:50 pm »
I wrote a book about living in Korea. Maybe it's good. Maybe it's crap. Give it a try if you wish.

The Kindle address is: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BZGZN67/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1523007128&sr=8-8&keywords=filthy+beast

Here's the paperback: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1980757313/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'm hoping it will be a best seller.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:36:39 pm by kengreen »

Re: Read My Book
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 01:00:44 pm »
Oh dear.  I had the feeling i recognised this writing babbling style.  It reminded me of the illiterate scribblings of that god awful blog about eating dogs.  Sure enough, it is from the same claw.  Writing isn't for you, take up knitting!

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 02:44:07 pm »

• kengreen
  • Expert Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 05:31:30 pm »
Oh dear.  I had the feeling i recognised this writing babbling style.  It reminded me of the illiterate scribblings of that god awful blog about eating dogs.  Sure enough, it is from the same claw.  Writing isn't for you, take up knitting!

You're probably right. But it's free to the public on a website called Wattpad. If you find it enjoyable, please give me a like and a comment on Wattpad. That way the site's search engine will make it easier to find. Thanks.

• CJ
  • Super Waygook

• November 15, 2010, 08:11:00 am
    • Down south
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 05:47:52 pm »
Just re-release it Jack Kerouac; stream of consciousness style.

Some expats take their shitty lives out on forums like this; others vent on blogs; others write books.

I stopped at "taking a nasty shit".

Good luck.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 03:18:15 pm »
@sligo - How many books have you written?

@kengreen - Im up to chapter 24. I really like you book. Well done!

• kengreen
  • Expert Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 03:26:38 pm »
@sligo - How many books have you written?

@kengreen - Im up to chapter 24. I really like you book. Well done!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. If the truth be told, my book is only 55,000 words at the moment--give or take. I have to add another 20,000 to reach the first-time novelist threshold. But I don't want to invest more time if everybody thinks it sucks. So your feedback is much appreciated. I might write a second volume if I get a lot of hits and likes. I'll call it Filthy Beast: The China Years.

Update:

My mistake. There have been lots of well-received 50,000 word novels. The Great Gatsby, Fight Club, Of Mice and Men. Even my own personal favorite is only 50,000 words--Slaughterhouse Five.

Cool. It's officially a book.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 03:33:19 pm by kengreen »

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 08:02:57 am »
Why do you call your own son "Rice Boy?"   Seems a little derogatory towards the other half of his ethnicity.  I'm married to a Mexican woman so I call my own flesh and blood "Spic-y Beaner."  I have a feeling your child is going to require lots of therapy when he grows older to over come his self-hate issues.  We all know Elliot Rodger's story I'm sure of it.

Update:(after still reading your garbage rambling)  "Why you don't REAN da ranguagee" ....why do I feel you got with this woman as a fetish f**k and now are super annoyed with everything about her and her culture because you fell into the trap that she was going to be a quiet, docile, petite woman who cooks, cleans, and paints the house for you and not be like those loud, fat, ugly, bush bi***es that are western women.   Must of been a shock that news flash she is just like any other woman.    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:10:21 am by Piggydee »

• kengreen
  • Expert Waygook

• South Korea
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 09:17:22 am »
Why do you call your own son "Rice Boy?"   Seems a little derogatory towards the other half of his ethnicity.  I'm married to a Mexican woman so I call my own flesh and blood "Spic-y Beaner."  I have a feeling your child is going to require lots of therapy when he grows older to over come his self-hate issues.  We all know Elliot Rodger's story I'm sure of it.

Update:(after still reading your garbage rambling)  "Why you don't REAN da ranguagee" ....why do I feel you got with this woman as a fetish f**k and now are super annoyed with everything about her and her culture because you fell into the trap that she was going to be a quiet, docile, petite woman who cooks, cleans, and paints the house for you and not be like those loud, fat, ugly, bush bi***es that are western women.   Must of been a shock that news flash she is just like any other woman.    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's a novel written in an autobiographical style. You might love or hate the White Buffalo, but he isn't me.

Not a big deal. Just wanted to get that straight for some reason.

Cheers.

• bmym80
  • Veteran

• September 14, 2010, 01:30:13 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 12:01:55 pm »

Hauchy-mauchy! It's Gay Berman!    "It Stinnnks"

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 12:32:30 pm »
I'm on Chapter 4 and quite enjoying it. Some genuine laugh out loud moments.

Also, lol at Piggydee taking a novel literally.

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 12:42:26 pm »
Favorite quote so far: "Being a Korean isn't for pussies"  Hahahaha

Also, I like that each chapter opens with a newspaper article. Clever way of addressing some pressing social issues.

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 01:54:27 pm »
why do I feel you got with this woman as a fetish f**k and now are super annoyed with everything about her and her culture because you fell into the trap that she was going to be a quiet, docile, petite woman who cooks, cleans, and paints the house for you and not be like those loud, fat, ugly, bush bi***es that are western women.   Must of been a shock that news flash she is just like any other woman.    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm sorry that you don't feel wanted.  :laugh:

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2018, 01:28:12 pm »
Spent the past two days reading all 93 Chapters. Wow. Please write more!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Would love to see what happens in China!

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 02:30:54 pm »
Back to reading. Chapter 8 now.

I literally have to stifle my laughter every time Dragon Lady opens her mouth. I need a Kindle version of this

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 02:59:11 pm »
Would you mind discussing your influences, OP?

Getting a strong Bukowski vibe. It's basically 'Post Office' in urban Korea, yeah?

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 03:12:10 pm »
why do I feel you got with this woman as a fetish f**k and now are super annoyed with everything about her and her culture because you fell into the trap that she was going to be a quiet, docile, petite woman who cooks, cleans, and paints the house for you and not be like those loud, fat, ugly, bush bi***es that are western women.   Must of been a shock that news flash she is just like any other woman.    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nope just saying this story has already been written many times before but better. 

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 03:30:54 pm »

Nope just saying this story has already been written many times before but better.

Nope - you recommended his son get therapy and then accused him of intentionally choosing a wife that would bow to his sadistic patriarchal whims.

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 07:36:39 pm »
Well if the shoe fits :laugh:

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2018, 07:45:02 pm »
Who, after spending more than 5 minutes around them, would ever imagine that Korean women were submissive or docile? And most ludicrous of all, QUIET????
Kpip! - Martin 2018