Read 1019 times

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
Adidas, Nike, New Balance 'Made in Korea' vs 'Made in ....'
« on: February 21, 2018, 02:00:01 pm »
I bought a pair of winter warmup pants and running gloves from the Adidas store. I do a lot of Winter training outdoors.
After about 3 wears, both the gloves and pants are starting to rip at the seams. I deliberately bought the pants oversized, to fit them over my normal running pants, so I can wear them while I warmup, the gloves fit my perfectly too, neither are tight. I've never encountered Adidas products of such poor quality. Checking the label, both are made in Korea.

Has anyone else noticed the same issue with made in Korea sportswear?

Cheers

• grey
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 08, 2011, 04:47:11 am
    • USA
    more
Re: Adidas, Nike, New Balance 'Made in Korea' vs 'Made in ....'
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 03:13:14 pm »
Although my sample size is not large, I have not noticed a different failure rate between my made in China (+India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, etc) and made in Korea.

This is a very sensitive topic, so I won't comment further.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 03:16:41 pm »
I have three pairs of Adidas sneakers. Just checked the labels. 2 made in Vietnam and 1 in Indonesia. I've bought Adidas for sneakers exclusively for the past 10 years as I've always gotten a lot of wear out of them. They seem to be a relatively hardy shoe for what they are. And I'm a mark.

Anyway, last year ordered a pair of track running Adidas that I'd had before, off of G market. Used them three times at the local training track and the sole started coming away from the shoe. My wife helped me contact the seller and he gave us this line of twaddle about how these Adidas shoes were produced in Korea for Koreans. Koreans run with lighter steps like cats, foreigners use heavy steps. So the shoes cant handle foreign feet. At the time I didnt even look at the label to see where they had been manufactured as I was so annoyed by his ridiculous explanation that i just packed them up for the refund. But maybe Korean adidas stuff is made with cheaper materials? Or.....foreigners are too brutish in their movements for the gear to handle.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 03:41:52 pm »
Just about everything solely intended for the Korean market is low quality. Food, beer, cars, clothes. The prices aren't any lower (often it's more than what you'd pay in the west) but the quality is. Koreans often ship Hyundai cars and Samsung washing machines to here from the US because the quality is much better.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit