Read 2035 times

• essjay
  • Newgookin

• December 11, 2017, 04:31:25 am
    • United Kingdom
Has anyone ever heard of ECC Masan or Altiora Masan?
« on: February 02, 2018, 05:22:53 pm »
I've got a phone interview with this school but can't seem to find ANYTHING about it online. I saw the job listing on Dave's ESL cafe but as I've never taught in Korea before, I'm anxious about what is legit and what isn't. Has anyone ever heard of this school or have any advice on what I can ask during my phone interview to get a clearer picture?  :sad:

Re: Has anyone ever heard of ECC Masan or Altiora Masan?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 10:01:02 pm »
Hi

Were you able to find out about the school. I also got an offer from them. I need to be sure that it's legit.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 10:09:55 am »
ECC is a part of the YBM Chain.  Many in Seoul are owned by the head office.  But out in the provinces, they are franchises.  Their pay use to be guaranteed by head office.  Not sure now.  You can check the YBM site to see if they have franchises in Masan.  I think it is a commuter city to Busan on the southern coast within an hour away or so?

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 09:40:12 pm »
ECC is a part of the YBM Chain.  Many in Seoul are owned by the head office.  But out in the provinces, they are franchises.  Their pay use to be guaranteed by head office.  Not sure now.  You can check the YBM site to see if they have franchises in Masan.  I think it is a commuter city to Busan on the southern coast within an hour away or so?

Masan was incorporated in Changwon some years back.  But, make no mistake...it is NOT the Changwon that makes Changwon famous, for being Changwon.  Masan is a stain....avoid it.