« on: December 19, 2017, 11:10:20 pm »
Discuss..it's weird

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• October 14, 2016, 10:29:17 am
    • Korea
Re: What's sup with PALs?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 08:03:04 am »
Seems pretty straightforward to me. He uploaded a document with personal details of a person (without her consent) requesting funding. (also she is not and was not in the group at that time). She then states on another platform that she did not give consent and he turns around and completes defames her and tells "the true story". Okay so if the second one is the true story, then why post the first story as fact. Did he lie the first time, did he lie the second time? I don't know but clearly he has lied.

I can on a personal level confirm that a very good friend of mine offered her legal support (paid for) back in SA, and the woman in question did not even know why she would need this help, since things on the legal side were all in order regarding travel documents and parental consent to travel etc
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:09:50 am by What?What? »
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 08:06:15 am »
I genuinely have no idea what you guys are talking about.

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 08:12:50 am »
The one dude is a kook pretending to be a lawyer and giving advice. Sometimes he is right and sometimes he is wrong.

There are way better sources for legal advice than that FB group.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 08:20:25 am »
The one dude is a kook pretending to be a lawyer and giving advice. Sometimes he is right and sometimes he is wrong.

Are the initials of the kook "J.W."?

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 08:23:50 am »

Are the initials of the kook "J.W."?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe ? I dont want to get proxy sued!  :laugh: :laugh:

*Edit- I may join the fb group just to see the train wreck.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:52:16 am by thunderlips »

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 08:52:59 am »
I recently left the group, at first it was amusing to see someone literally becoming unraveled and spiraling into some kind of manic psychosis, but now he whose name cannot be mentioned is hurting people, and that I just can't watch.
-A.A. Milne

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 09:55:46 am »
I'm just kind of waiting for the drama to finally cool down.

From what I can tell, the admin did what he thought was best, which, for everyone else, adopts a very "ends justifies the means" kind of mentality. He's fessing up over the details of the case that started the whole dramatic episode to begin with, but he isn't ready to admit any wrongdoing on his part as he feels it was all par for the course per industry standards. Basically, while he didn't outright lie about anything, he left out details of the case that kind of changes people's perspectives of those involved in it, which would then have affected others' decisions regarding how much they would have helped... which, of course, is this admin's whole point. People would have allowed their judgements of the parents to interfere with the child's welfare.

Members are taking a very black and white stance on this whole business, and he keeps stating that the real world is gray and that it's most important to focus efforts on what's most important.

And this is where a lot of the disagreements are at the moment. People feel they should be able to choose what they think is important if it involves their time and money, and the admin is saying that it's more complicated than that because there are legal issues also involved and a child caught in the middle of it.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:59:50 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 10:05:13 am »
Still no idea what you're talking about.

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 10:12:20 am »

There's a legal advise FB page called PALS. The current lead admin is someone who used to practice law in Korea but is now located out of the country due to personal family issues, but he still maintains contact with those still practicing law in Korea and provides free legal consultation to those who need it (usually to help them to determine if they need a lawyer to help them, which can be incredibly expensive, or if it's something they can do themselves with a simple phone call/application to the right folks).

That's supposed to be the main aim of the group, but it also functions in other ways.

Anyway, there's been some recent drama involving a charity case that's kind of kicked up a lot of underlying personal issues people have with the admin due to how he chooses to address people in general. He is very direct and blunt, and doesn't really do diplomacy (which, given his history and what he has to deal with on a regular basis, some people can understand). Lot of folks don't like how he chooses to manage the group, too, though, and this recent case is, for them, a prime example of their feelings on that. Admin says that people's personal feelings are interfering with reality, and members are saying that admin's approach is unethical and unjustified.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 10:15:59 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 10:16:09 am »

There's a legal advise FB page called PALS. The current lead admin is someone who used to practice law in Korea but is now located out of the country due to personal family issues, but he still maintains contact with those still practicing law in Korea and provides free legal consultation to those who need it (usually to help them to determine if they need a lawyer to help them, which can be incredibly expensive, or if it's something they can do themselves with a simple phone call/application to the right folks).

That's supposed to be the main aim of the group, but it also functions in other ways.

Anyway, there's been some recent drama involving a charity case that's kind of kicked up a lot of underlying personal issues people have with the admin due to how he chooses to address people in general. Lot of folks don't like how he chooses to manage the group, and this recent case is, for them, a prime example of their feelings on that. Admin says that people's personal feelings are interfering with reality, and members are saying that admin's approach is unethical and unjustified.
Thanks, Chinguetti  ;D

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 10:35:35 am »
I typed a long response on here. But a friend of mine got involved in all this and she is afraid of retaliation- from HIM. long story short, the problem isn't with the woman he was "raising funds" for. It's actually him. He lied. Straight up lied. My friend caught him in those lies, and that second statement is a bizarre reality constructed to take attention off of him and put it on someone else.

I can assure you, the biological father is involved in the child's life. Travel documents were never required. The initial fundraiser doc is a bunch of overblown drama constructed to milk money from people. The second statement where he throws this woman under the bus, is a bizarre fantastical way to distract everyone from the fact that he was trying to raise money on behalf of someone who knew nothing about it.

Just a point: The woman in question, that he was apparently raising money for was kicked out of PALS ages ago. She was not a member at the time he uploaded the fundraising documents.
-A.A. Milne

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 10:41:26 am »
He lied. Straight up lied.
Sounds like a good lawyer  :laugh:

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 10:48:58 am »
He lied. Straight up lied.
Sounds like a good lawyer  :laugh:

BUT He isn't a lawyer though. Not a legal professional at all. Has been involved in some cases, but is not a legal professional.
-A.A. Milne

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 10:57:38 am »
And there we have it, lmao.

There's a lot of information getting tossed about, and people are both attacking and defending him.

I don't know enough of what's going on or the people involved to have a straight opinion atm, and I haven't personally posted anything in that regard. I'm just waiting for more confirmed information.

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• Korea
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 11:10:33 am »
And there we have it, lmao.

There's a lot of information getting tossed about, and people are both attacking and defending him.

I don't know enough of what's going on or the people involved to have a straight opinion atm, and I haven't personally posted anything in that regard. I'm just waiting for more confirmed information.

I guess it would help if the woman could put her side forward, but of course she cannot.
-A.A. Milne

• Dorwell
  • Waygookin

• August 29, 2014, 07:58:46 am
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 02:34:46 pm »
He also had a big strop because no one commented on his post demanding for money. Not the first time he's asked continually for money.

Also why doesn't anyone actually mention his name?!

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• South Korea
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 08:31:11 pm »
He also had a big strop because no one commented on his post demanding for money. Not the first time he's asked continually for money.

Excellent question.

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 11:31:41 am »

Excellent question.

Not sure about everyone else, but I feel it's kind of shitty to post a person's real name on an online board unless that person is some kind of official, celebrity or public entity of a sort.