Read 3971 times

Re: Trump to address the eating of pets...
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2018, 10:46:04 am »
While there's definitely traditional medicine and floating around, Korean status consciousness and consumerism means that the overwhelming majority of health and food products are slickly commercialized trendy stuff pushed by corporations, celebrities and social media. 

Credit the free market and media for glamorizing cuddly rat dogs for a dramatic reduction in dog consumption.

• donuts81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 20, 2010, 10:23:37 am
    • Korea
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2018, 11:17:49 am »
Credit the free market and media for glamorizing cuddly rat dogs for a dramatic reduction in dog consumption.

Yeah, and despite what other posters have said, it really is an inferior meat. If I'm being generous, I would say it was nothing special. However, if it wasn't for the whole torture thing I wouldn't really care if someone wanted to eat dog. I'd more concerned about over fishing and the overuse of antibiotics when raising livestock. I think Koreans should own the fact that some people like to eat dog but modernize the laws surrounding the treatment and slaughter of dogs.

"You can't hurt me now, Mr Lee. I've lost all feeling"

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2018, 11:51:31 am »

Yeah, and despite what other posters have said, it really is an inferior meat. If I'm being generous, I would say it was nothing special. However, if it wasn't for the whole torture thing I wouldn't really care if someone wanted to eat dog. I'd more concerned about over fishing and the overuse of antibiotics when raising livestock. I think Koreans should own the fact that some people like to eat dog but modernize the laws surrounding the treatment and slaughter of dogs.

Agree 100%.

I also have no issue with farming foxes for fur, as done in Canada and Scandinavia. It is the “traditional beat it with a stick” slaughter method used in Korea that I object to.