Read 1230 times

• moxiezbug
  • Newgookin

• October 30, 2017, 06:09:52 pm
    • south korea
Fingerprints taken in South Korea - ARC needed?
« on: October 30, 2017, 06:23:53 pm »
Your helped greatly appreciated on this! I'm on 90 day tourist visa in South Korea, and planning to get fingerprinted at a local police station here to get my FBI background check. However, my Airbnb host called the station, and they said that a Certificate of Alien Registration is needed for foreigners who want to get fingerprints at the Daejeon Police Station.

Is this standard practice across all stations or can I just go to Seoul and get fingerprints without the ARC?

Thank you.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: Fingerprints taken in South Korea - ARC needed?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 06:12:10 am »
Most things that specify an ARC can substitute a Passport.

• Mezoti97
  • The Legend

• April 14, 2011, 03:02:50 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 09:00:55 am »
In my experience, whenever I got my fingerprints taken at a police station in Korea in the past, they never asked to see my ARC.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:08:34 pm »
Your helped greatly appreciated on this! I'm on 90 day tourist visa in South Korea, and planning to get fingerprinted at a local police station here to get my FBI background check. However, my Airbnb host called the station, and they said that a Certificate of Alien Registration is needed for foreigners who want to get fingerprints at the Daejeon Police Station.

Is this standard practice across all stations or can I just go to Seoul and get fingerprints without the ARC?

Thank you.

Per JNM the Passport will usually suffice and really the Police would like to have your finger prints on file.... really.

You may want to go to a larger Police Station and then make the appointment, if you go to a small little police station they may not have the free staff to take your finger prints (i.e. 2 people small cop shop) and larger police stations will have Police who can converse in English.  Itaewon Police Station is your safest bet and they may direct you to Yongsan Police Station but you should check with them.