Read 3962 times

Re: Age limits for applying for jobs
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 06:32:00 am »
Hey man, how did this question evolve / devolve into a bizarre grammar question?

What happened man? I'm not digging it.
IDK for sure man but it seems Oglop and SLigo know that I earn a good wage in China now (I was previously a slave in Korea for 6 months on 2.3m) and they don't seem to like it so they call me all these horrible names and drag me down into the pits. Why anyone should be a buffoon because they replied in a humourous (humorous) way to Oglop's jibe that I split my infinitive I have no idea. They have nothing to go on except that  they revel in taking the mickey out of me, the former constantly pretending I write English incomprehensibly when in fact I do not and I have been given a green light where I currently teach.

Did you have much luck with that 'English teacher only available in Korea for a week, must pay my air fare from China' ad?
Saving up for my wedding and a deposit on a place! No time for holidaying (it was the National holiday in CHina that week) It's difficult to see ads for cover in China so I half-heartedly placed that ad but to answer your question, no and no I didn't really expect to either; there's an abundance of teachers already in Korea who want to do overtime to make up for the poor 2.3m won salaries they are on. But you, if I remember rightly, don't need to work much as you are married to some rich chick's wealthy dad or something.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 08:12:55 am »
eggieguffer, you never told us you were married to someone's dad

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2017, 04:38:55 pm »

Ha ha news to me too. My wife's family is pretty well off but it's not like some Agatha Christie scenario where I hang around idly sponging off the old man waiting for the big pay out.

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2017, 08:18:59 pm »
Oh so my writing isn't so incomprehensible after all then. :laugh:

@eggieguffer why aren't you working for the old man's business then instead of looking for 50,000 an hour freelance English jobs? :wink:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 08:21:57 pm by internationalteacher »

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2017, 08:30:03 pm »
Oh so my writing isn't so incomprehensible after all then. :laugh:

@eggieguffer why aren't you working for the old man's business then instead of looking for 50,000 an hour freelance English jobs? :wink:

Couldn't be bothered to learn Korean.