Read 9770 times

• Ellynmellyn
  • Adventurer

• August 17, 2015, 06:49:08 am
    • Gyeongsangnam-do
    more
Re: By the gods I hate K-pop.
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 03:10:46 pm »
Memes are ignorant, pedantic and useless.  Try and use your words.

Fine.

Congratulations on growing old and growing out of touch. Your music is passe and no one cares about it anymore. The new stuff just sounds like noise. Now you know how your parents felt.

But what if lots of modern music is great? And it's just Kpop is shit? :shocked:

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 03:11:02 pm »
But what if lots of modern music is great? And it's just Kpop is shit? :shocked:

Kpop sounds like much of that modern music, at least what's popular.

KPop haters are usually one of two kinds of people-

1) People who dislike pop/rap in general.
2) People who use Kpop as an outlet for their broader rage at the country they live in (yet often somehow refuse to leave). In other words its a target for their impotence and to deflect from the mediocrity and bad decisions in their lives.

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 03:12:08 pm »

2) People who use Kpop as an outlet for their broader rage at the country they live in (yet often somehow refuse to leave). In other words its a target for their impotence and to deflect from the mediocrity and bad decisions in their lives.

What if people love Korea, enjoy rap and pop, but still Kpop is just really shit  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
Kpip! - Martin 2018

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 03:48:41 pm »
What if people love Korea, enjoy rap and pop, but still Kpop is just really shit  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Not many people like that I bet although I'm sure there's a few out there that fit that description.

Most people I've met who like pop and rap also have some kpop songs/groups they really like.                                                           

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 04:05:38 pm »

Definitely in the first category. Yes I'm old and think all modern pop music is crap just like my parents. Freely admit it. I still think there are such things as classic pop songs though and will be interested to see what tracks from now will still be played when I'm on my death bed.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 04:49:04 pm »
Maybe you'll hear a muzak version of this in the lobby of the hospital or nursing home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQtonf1fv_s

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 06:52:30 pm »
Maybe you'll hear a muzak version of this in the lobby of the hospital or nursing home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQtonf1fv_s

Could there ever be a muzak version of this? When you take away the beat, the visuals and the 'catchy' English chorus lyrics is there really anything of any substance left? I don't think so. At least in my day pop songs had proper tunes you could hum along to. :smiley:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 06:58:23 pm by eggieguffer »

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2017, 06:55:17 pm »
Your music is passe and no one cares about it anymore.

By 'no one' I take it you mean 'the kids'. You're sounding suspiciously like Rick out of the Young Ones, though that was probably before your time.

• gurudanny98
  • Veteran

• September 10, 2010, 02:01:11 pm
    • Busan South Korea
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 07:42:52 pm »
Why is it when I go to the mart to buy my groceries, they always play music that sounds like it belings in a night club? I'm buying milk, not clubbing

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2017, 10:05:12 pm »
You are seriously missing out

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 06:05:09 am »
Memes are ignorant, pedantic and useless.  Try and use your words.

But how do I know what to lick and what not to lick?

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 08:50:46 am »
I hate listening to Kpop, but love watching the music videos of the girl groups. The female kpop stars are usually very beautiful / sexy :p

and as to one dudes comment earlier, I do dislike rap/pop music; I do like J-popRock though. :P
My music tastes are more classic rock / metal / JpopRock / with a touch of disco. :P

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 09:33:16 am »
There's something 'Disco Demolition Night'-esqe about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1CP1751wJA

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/09/20/watch_disco_demolition_night_unfold_in_real_time.html

And like the clubhouse brawls over the music, there seems to be a same commonality regarding the people getting upset over the music...

You know, a lot of people outside of Korea who like music such as R&B or Hip-Hop or Kpop or Jazz or even EDM accept the fact that the rest of the world doesn't share their taste and doesn't seem to get angry about the fact that people listen to something else.

Overwhelmingly its fans, primarily of rock music, of a certain...persuasion that seem to get this anger about people liking different music than they do and having the nerve to play it.

These people really need to learn some emotional control and accept the fact that this is a big world and plenty of people listen to other stuff and that's okay.

• Kolao
  • Veteran

• July 04, 2017, 05:11:57 pm
    • South of Snow
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2017, 04:02:36 pm »
I was walking around Dongdaemun and I walked by a gaggle of giggling gawking gaping girls all primping and preening and peering through the doorway of a music store which was wedged solid within.

I asked one of them what was going on. She fairly screeched "It's 2 PM".

I looked at my watch and said, "No, man, it's noon."

That's my K-Pop story.
When the wicked are confounded, and consigned to flames of woe, call me.

• Epistemology
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 19, 2010, 01:57:27 pm
    more
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2017, 08:17:30 am »
It could be worse. My school plays "let it go" every single day. Every single day.
Away an bile yer heid ya numpty,ye dinnae ken whit yer talkin aboot.

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2017, 12:16:22 pm »
It could be worse. My school plays "let it go" every single day. Every single day.

:shocked: They should really... let it go.

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2017, 12:40:45 pm »

It's a good song, but it's no Part of Your World or even A Whole New World. Besides "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" was the better song.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:50:53 pm by Mr.DeMartino »

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2017, 02:03:36 pm »

It's a good song, but it's no Part of Your World or even A Whole New World. Besides "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" was the better song.

I enjoy it (along with the others you mention), but I'm sure I'd enjoy it considerably less if I had to hear it excessively.  For me though, Tale as Old as Time takes the cake. 

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • The Legend

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2017, 10:10:24 pm »
I was walking around Dongdaemun and I walked by a gaggle of giggling gawking gaping girls all primping and preening and peering through the doorway of a music store which was wedged solid within.

I asked one of them what was going on. She fairly screeched "It's 2 PM".

I looked at my watch and said, "No, man, it's noon."

That's my K-Pop story.

Post of the year.    ;D ;D
Everything is not as it seems.

No one owes you anything.... get over it.

There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• ESLTurtle
  • Super Waygook

• October 25, 2017, 07:58:46 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2018, 01:17:57 pm »
It's all about TWICE and BTS. Get educated, Jesus.  :rolleyes: