Read 17912 times

• NorthStar
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
Re: By the gods I hate K-pop.
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2019, 07:04:36 pm »
Ha, I'd never heard that story about the girl from Myanmar. Here it is in all its sparkly glory:

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140903000452

Considering how much of a reputation Koreans have for telling the truth....I'm not sure what to believe. 

• fka
  • Expert Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2019, 07:43:44 pm »
Following her success, the organisers said they were arranging singing and video deals for her. But they also wanted to change the teenager's looks.

"We thought she should be more beautiful, so as soon as she arrived we sent her to the hospital to operate on her breasts," said Kim, adding that sponsors picked up the $10,000 tab.

Kim said all the troubles started from there. The beauty queen brought her mother with her to Seoul for what was supposed to be a 10-day visit, but that quickly turned into three months, incurring extra hotel and other costs to the organisers.

Noe was notified earlier this week that she would have to give up her title and the crown, Kim said, adding that she then absconded with the specially-commissioned bejewelled Swarovski tiara.

"Everyone knows she is no longer the queen, but she thinks that as long as she keeps this crown she's the winner," he said. "But she's not."

https://www.herald.ie/news/rude-beauty-queen-runs-off-with-150000-crown-30546763.html

Real queens get boob jobs and let me pass them around my mates for hotel sex.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2019, 11:03:05 pm »
Imagine thinking that this wasn't good enough.

The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2019, 12:24:54 pm »
This is one of the few cases where moral busybodies could be a good thing. Have them decry all of this and demand some sort of pure, traditional beauty crisis. You know, a bunch of concerned mothers, religious figures, and progressives in one of those weird alliances that crop up, usually to go after things like rap music or video games.

In this case, there is such rot in the entire thing that they could get a groundswell of public opinion. Probably have it based around hanbok and things like that and in this case, the winner would probably go on more towards government functions and charitable events. But yeah, if they play the netizenry right, they could really take it to the standard contest.