Read 8766 times

Bye-bye
« on: September 11, 2017, 10:54:15 am »
I have deleted my uploaded and shared content and I won't be using this space anymore.

It's a real shame, I've loved waygook and all it's done for me. I don't disagree with what the decisions that have been made but we were not given any warning or possibility to opt out. I received no warning, no message about the change, no emails, nothing...

I know waygook needs funds but to not even notify, let alone warn it's users is disgraceful.

If you have time, please delete all my remaining posts and account. I'll see the rest of you over on reddit I guess?

Re: Bye-bye
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 02:08:13 pm »
you have to manually delete them yourself.

1. Log in to Waygook.org
2. From the upper task bar, hover over "PROFILE" and click "SUMMARY".
3. From the left hand task bar, click "SHOW POSTS".
4. Select "ATTACHMENTS" to view all posts you have uploaded attachments for.
5. Click the thread title to be taken directly to your post within that thread.
6. Click the "REMOVE" button to delete the post and attachment. Unfortunately editing and removing just the attachment isn't allowed, so you need to delete the entire post.

• nomadicmadda
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• July 01, 2014, 06:49:40 am
    • Seoul, formerly Boseong
    more
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 02:12:24 pm »

1. Log in to Waygook.org
6. Click the "REMOVE" button to delete the post and attachment. Unfortunately editing and removing just the attachment isn't allowed, so you need to delete the entire post.

I see you saw my post in LOFT  :wink:

• bjinglee
  • Expert Waygook

• March 10, 2011, 10:29:48 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 02:46:03 pm »
I have deleted my uploaded and shared content and I won't be using this space anymore.

It's a real shame, I've loved waygook and all it's done for me. I don't disagree with what the decisions that have been made but we were not given any warning or possibility to opt out. I received no warning, no message about the change, no emails, nothing...

I know waygook needs funds but to not even notify, let alone warn it's users is disgraceful.

If you have time, please delete all my remaining posts and account. I'll see the rest of you over on reddit I guess?
What on earth are you talking about??????

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 02:55:52 pm »
What in the actual hell?

Pay to share content with each other?

• Ashbery
  • Adventurer

• March 26, 2017, 08:39:51 pm
    • Jangheung
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 03:40:37 pm »

• stuman
  • Veteran

• May 13, 2011, 12:31:52 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 04:41:54 pm »
bye bye.

• stan rogers
  • Expert Waygook

• August 03, 2015, 04:16:11 am
    • Jeju Island
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 05:19:37 pm »
Don't worry everyone. Stan will still be here.

• CJ
  • Super Waygook

• November 15, 2010, 08:11:00 am
    • Down south
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 07:43:52 pm »
All my posts deleted.

It's been fun Waygook....

Bye.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 07:51:33 pm »
Dear Waygook,

I have deleted all my uploads. If you or anyone on this site tries to sell MY lesson materials for your own profit without my consent or remuneration, I WILL take legal action.

NanaCorea

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 08:23:59 pm »

1. Log in to Waygook.org

I see you saw my post in LOFT  :wink:

I don't think this works if you don't have a subscription. I've made maybe like 5 uploads in the past but none of them appear when I follow your steps, and there's a message saying "Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to."
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• Maclean
  • Veteran

• July 04, 2017, 10:35:58 am
    • Korea
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 11:09:28 am »
It's a real shame, I've loved waygook and all it's done for me.

Now self-righteously walk away. :rolleyes:

• KoreaBoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 25, 2014, 04:00:42 pm
    • Vancouver Island
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 12:09:02 pm »
I think quite a few people have walked away.

460 registered members on the replacement site shows that there is a great deal of dissatisfaction with the current changes.  Even worse, the trust level is gone.

Now it seems those who are intending to leave are in full SJW mode & will remove as much material from waygook to ensure it's a shell of its former self.

This site will die off soon enough...just give it time for the social content to pick up elsewhere and people will migrate there instead of here.

• jddavis7
  • Super Waygook

• November 02, 2016, 12:35:17 am
    • Miryang-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 12:12:18 pm »

460 registered members on the replacement site shows that there is a great deal of dissatisfaction with the current changes.  Even worse, the trust level is gone.

Now it seems those who are intending to leave are in full SJW mode & will remove as much material from waygook to ensure it's a shell of its former self.

This site will die off soon enough...just give it time for the social content to pick up elsewhere and people will migrate there instead of here.

wtf is SJW mode? They're removing their own content. Nothing wrong with that. Also, the social content can easily be moved to reddit. I think the social content overshadowed the teaching part of the site a little too much. Website popularity fades away. Waygook.org had a good run, but it seems that people would rather move on to something new.

• Pecan
  • The Legend

• December 27, 2010, 09:14:44 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 12:16:18 pm »

Some of those "460" are fake accounts, so don't put too much merit in the number.

• jddavis7
  • Super Waygook

• November 02, 2016, 12:35:17 am
    • Miryang-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 12:17:50 pm »

Some of those "460" are fake accounts, so don't put too much merit in the number.

Lol I'm glad you collected the data at that. No one is making you move. Stay here on this site and talk with whoever's here. If you don't care about the situation, why spend all day talking about it? Go about your business.

• MoneyMike
  • Super Waygook

• November 22, 2009, 03:45:15 pm
    • Gwangju, South Korea
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 01:09:40 pm »
Can someone tell me how to delete posts? I followed the instructions above, but there's no option to delete the posts I've made.

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 01:47:22 pm »
I'm looking to interview a few native teachers, regardless of their stance, for an article in the October issue of the Daegu Compass. In order to maintain journalistic integrity, I'm avoiding potential conflicts of interest and won't be interviewing people I know well. If you would like your comments to be considered, please email me at teachernathaninkore a@gmail.com. Please include a short statement on your immediate reaction, even if it's just copying and pasting from your own posts in this forum. I will follow up if needed. Thanks in advance!

I have emailed Arsalan for a chance to comment and I have contacted my Alma mater's law department and have an intellectual law professor who I am in the process of interviewing.

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 02:16:57 pm »
Can someone tell me how to delete posts? I followed the instructions above, but there's no option to delete the posts I've made.

If you're asking how to delete lesson plan uploads, it seems that you can't get access to your uploads and delete them unless you pay for a subscription! Sad!
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• DNogitsune
  • Adventurer

• October 18, 2010, 09:04:05 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 02:49:44 pm »
I just deleted all of mine without a problem and I did not sign up for the subscription.

I went to my profile and viewed the posts or view attachments and deleted by clicking on the link there.