Read 1250 times

• beroberos
  • Newgookin

• September 08, 2016, 11:04:57 pm
    • Busan
Advice: Chain hagwon going against company contract standards
« on: August 30, 2017, 12:44:02 pm »
I worked for Poly about a year ago. I completed my contract, but then was later made aware that having a return flight in the contract is a Poly company standard. I contacted my old director to ask her if this was true, but she told me she didn't have to do this because she was a franchise branch. I highly doubt this is true, given her nature. I then asked for a number to Poly Headquarters HR (which she refused to give to me). What are the possibilities that I can fight this when I have already finished my contract, a contract that said there was no return flight? I have had trouble finding some sort of liaison at the Poly Headquarters. If any Poly employees read this, I would especially appreciate your advice!

Re: Advice: Chain hagwon going against company contract standards
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 02:36:05 pm »
I am just trying to make sure that I am understanding. The poly generally gives out a return flight bonus, but the franchisee claimed that they didn't include it in your contract because they didn't have to, even though it was standard on other contacts given out by that Poly schools' franchises. You didn't know it at the time, but you signed a contract whereby it was written that you were to not get the return flight ticket (bonus, or money, or otherwise)? If that is all correct, I would say that you signed the contract, and the director isn't obligated to pay you, unless the headquarters decides that she should pay you compensation as a penalty for breaking rules associated with altering contacts of workers at the franchise (if she did). I would also say that since your contract is finished (?) it may not be a fight worth fighting, as I am sure it would take some money and time, as it seems like they may have not broken your contract, but rather some kind of rule associated with the company. Is the name of the company "Poly" because if not, it may not be of help to ask if others have worked there in the past (or currently). I would think a Naver search by a Korean friend may for the headquarters may yield better results for contact information.

• ESL6
  • Waygookin

• March 05, 2017, 05:13:09 pm
    • Icheon
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 07:53:49 am »
Yeah obviously if you sign a contract that has no Airfare allowance in it you are not entitled to it.

I would send an email to head office and inform them that it seems like all other franchises are receiving the allowance but not yours.

You will probably find shes getting the contract from HO changing it and pocketing the flight amount without them knowing. 

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 08:59:51 am »
To reiterate what others have said, the most you are likely going to get out of this is the satisfaction of ratting out someone.

• cscoggin
  • Newgookin

• September 26, 2015, 07:56:26 am
    • Incheon
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 10:12:21 pm »
I work at a MPOLY, flight home is standard.