Read 2734 times

How Do I Complaiin to Waygook.org Moderators?
« on: May 05, 2011, 08:10:14 am »
I have a question.

I posted this earlier, and xxxxxx received a spam warning.
(MOD EDIT: Link Removed, please don't re-post the link again.)

I completely object to the idea that the post is spam.
While there is a link to a site, the fact is that I have used the service as an EMPLOYER and i recommend it.
Teachers in Korea may be banned from part time tutoring or educating (it is illegal).
There is no limitation to freelancing from Korea. 

« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:47:08 pm by jackdaniels »
Seoul Gyopo Guide
http://www.seoulgyopoguide.com
Info and opinions for the Seoul inside all of us

• JuliusCaesar108
  • Featured Contributor

• March 21, 2010, 08:28:10 pm
    • Gangwon-do, Republic of Korea
Re: How Do I Complaiin to Waygook.org Moderators?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:21:03 am »
I saw this post of yours before one of the mods decided to delete and send you a warning.  They jumped on it before I did.  To be honest, it looked like spam to me, so after your complaint, I decided to look at it again myself to see what I thought about it.  While it seems like a grey area to me, I stand by with the decision to send you a warning.

The site you linked to on your blog is not anything Waygook is about.  We're mainly about life in Korea, although we have recently added other nations, and lesson plans.  When it comes to jobs, it's for ESL jobs.  The things we don't mind having things sold here are for personal belongings you need to get rid of.

The best thing to keep in mind for the future is to be careful what you link to.  When in doubt, you can always ask us! Just send me or one of the other mods a PM, and we'll let you know.
"In my forty-fifth year I, Julius Caesar, witnessed wonderful and frightening things that were to take place in a time that has not yet taken place."  - The Apocalypse of Julius Caesar

• Sara
  • Featured Contributor

• September 01, 2010, 08:58:35 am
    • Chungcheongbukdo
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 10:53:05 am »
I also stand behind this decision. There is a difference between posting a job opportunity and spamming. You have included this website in every post you've written, which makes it spamming. The link does include ESL tutoring gigs, so had you only posted it once, it would have been ok. 

• Yu_Bumsuk
  • The Legend

• March 03, 2011, 02:10:36 pm
    • Hicksville, ROK
Re: Help, my coteacher is not coming to class
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 07:45:26 am »
Who's the mod who consistantly deletes anything I write to the effect of 'don't be a whining wimp / figure out the obvious / grow up and don't act like a baby'? Does it offend you that I suggest we act like adults with adult responsibilities and rights? Are you embarrassed that I'm hitting too close to home? If Arsalan or Brian wants me to leave, fine, no problem, but if I wanted to deal with the likes of you I could join Dave'$ again and deal with lying Homer / Chris / Patrick.

• Brian
  • Featured Contributor

• September 19, 2006, 01:07:56 pm
    • Pittsburgh / Jeollanam-do
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 01:48:30 pm »
jackdaniels is the one who deleted your posts. 

I like having you here, you are an experienced poster on the various Korean forums and blogs, and are knowledgable about the NSET experience.  I've restored the deleted posts I could find, and I encourage moderators to be transparent with their edits and deletions. 

Most of the time the garbage we delete and ban is justified, though I can't find any issue with you encouraging teachers to do more than complain about their situatins.
In Korea from 2005 - 2010, not in Korea now.  Please contact an active moderator for quick answers to your questions.

Current project: http://www.pennsylvasia.com/