Read 33541 times

Re: Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt's #based lifehacks topic
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2017, 07:46:05 am »
Lifehack 6.

When washing dishes, don't wear rubber gloves. Gloves prevent you from feeling if a dish is fully clean, while with bare hands you can feel if you missed some stuck on food or remaining grease.

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2017, 11:47:42 am »
Lifehack 7.

If you need to cool a bottle quickly, wrap a wet paper towel around it and put it in the freezer.

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2017, 12:27:13 pm »
Snip the tails off several hundred small tadpoles using nail scissors to make a tasty (and cheap) cavier substitute

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2017, 12:48:26 pm »
Snip the tails off several hundred small tadpoles using nail scissors to make a tasty (and cheap) cavier substitute
Alternatively, you can freeze them and smash the tadpopsicles into caviar sized fragments with a meat tenderizer. Freezing does, of course, adversely affect the flavour, but it is nonetheless an excellent time saver.

• oglop
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2017, 08:40:04 pm »
Write the alphabet around your ironing board to encourage ghosts to do the work for you

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2017, 09:00:09 am »
A few years ago, I went to a website that sold disposable twin-blade razors at a dollar each (but they also upsold you to "better" products).

In their advert, they slagged on the multi-blade cartridge razors, and showed an old photo with a safety razor with a voice-over that said, "your grandfather looked great with just one blade!"

That got me thinking... perhaps granddad was onto something.

I got a Merkur razor on eBay (about $40), and a box of 100 blades ($10).

They work great, are dirt cheap, and reduce the amount of ingrown-hair-bumps (a problem for people with curls) compared to multi-blade razors.

(I have no financial interest in Merkur or eBay).

« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2017, 11:01:05 am »
A few years ago, I went to a website that sold disposable twin-blade razors at a dollar each (but they also upsold you to "better" products).

In their advert, they slagged on the multi-blade cartridge razors, and showed an old photo with a safety razor with a voice-over that said, "your grandfather looked great with just one blade!"

They work great, are dirt cheap, and reduce the amount of ingrown-hair-bumps (a problem for people with curls) compared to multi-blade razors.

I second this. I've been using a safety razor for 5 years or so. Great shave. Cheap as all hell and I like that it's made well. Not cheap plastic and garbage. All metal construction. It'll last forever. Also, it's fun using shaving soap and a brush.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2017, 11:07:32 am »
I second this. I've been using a safety razor for 5 years or so. Great shave. Cheap as all hell and I like that it's made well. Not cheap plastic and garbage. All metal construction. It'll last forever. Also, it's fun using shaving soap and a brush.

Is your Pokemon checking out his shave?

:)

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2017, 11:21:39 am »
Any tips on how to open a stubborn milk carton that refuses to submit to conventional methods?

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2017, 11:27:37 am »
Any tips on how to open a stubborn milk carton that refuses to submit to conventional methods?

Just don't do it like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNvuXF8J0A4
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2017, 11:29:45 am »

If your stubborn milk carton refuses to submit to conventional opening methods, try using scissors. But don't use really good paper scissors, because you might get milk on them. Use kitchen sheers.

Alternately, freeze the milk then you can peel the label off without spilling milk. Then put the milk in a jug and let it melt and you'll have milk.

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2017, 11:36:32 am »
Buy new milk. Smash the trouble maker. Feel good.

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2017, 11:55:28 am »

If your stubborn milk carton refuses to submit to conventional opening methods, try using scissors. But don't use really good paper scissors, because you might get milk on them. Use kitchen sheers.

Alternately, freeze the milk then you can peel the label off without spilling milk. Then put the milk in a jug and let it melt and you'll have milk.

That's not a hack, that's a desperation move. But you didn't number it, so I assume you know that already.

@Aham: Any methods of smashing that you recommend?

« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2017, 01:14:51 pm »

• HyooMyron
  • Super Waygook

• October 14, 2013, 11:36:39 pm
    • Jinju, S. Korea
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2017, 02:04:57 pm »

Safety razor master race checking in

Before coming to Korea, I never even entertained the notion of using one. However, after a haircut and the cleanest/smoothest shave of my entire life by a Korean barber. I HAD to get one.

Granted, it is a bit intimidating. One wrong move and you're going to cut yourself and it does take a bit more time. But it's WAY cheaper than using a regular shaver (I bought the metal attachment thingy for only 15,000 won and the razors are dirt cheap), it shaves way better, it's better for your skin, you feel cool as hell doing it, and the ladies love it  :police:

I HIGHLY recommend it to all men (and women that grow facial hair)  :cheesy:

If you're someone who has to shave everyday (like me), you're straying further from God's light everyday that you don't use it  :angel:

« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2017, 08:35:54 am »
Lifehack 8.

If it's raining, tuck your shoelaces into your shoes so they don't flop around and get wet.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2017, 08:59:41 am »
Lifehack 8.

If it's raining, tuck your shoelaces into your shoes so they don't flop around and get wet.

I do this with my trainers even when it is dry, because they came with laces that were about a meter too long.

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2017, 11:47:17 am »
Lifehack 9.

If you have a lot of tomatoes and you can't eat them all before they go bad, because you bought too many, put them in a blender and make tomato juice. This can also be done with cucumbers.

Buying lots of fruit at a time is a good way to save money.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2017, 12:43:26 pm »
Lifehack 9.

If you have a lot of tomatoes and you can't eat them all before they go bad, because you bought too many, put them in a blender and make tomato juice. This can also be done with cucumbers.

I cut the stem off (with 45 degree conical cut) and freeze them.
When I want to make a sauce, I put them into boiling water for a second or three, and the peals come off easily.

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2017, 02:42:14 pm »
Lifehack 9.

I cut the stem off (with 45 degree conical cut) and freeze them.
When I want to make a sauce, I put them into boiling water for a second or three, and the peals come off easily.

This is literally a good idea and I'm going to try this.