Read 41637 times

Re: Waygook.org user #basedcowboyshirt's #based lifehacks topic
« Reply #300 on: June 16, 2020, 08:32:39 am »
Lifehack 34: Lemon water is a healthy and refreshing alternative to store-bought soft drinks. Just mix some lemon juice, either fresh or from a bottle, with some cool water.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #301 on: June 16, 2020, 08:50:53 am »
Lifehack 34: Lemon water is a healthy and refreshing alternative to store-bought soft drinks. Just mix some lemon juice, either fresh or from a bottle, with some cool water.
My wife hates drinking water (what a big baby) so this is what I do. I use limes though. Seem to last longer than lemons

I have this

https://www.amazon.com/Infuser-Bottle-Flip-top-BPA-Free-Turquoise/dp/B01C7YF3QC?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #302 on: June 16, 2020, 08:57:16 am »

You forgot to finish your lifehack!

"... then add a tonne of sugar, mix well, and enjoy that delicious lemonade! MMMMM---mmmm!"

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2020, 09:05:28 am »
My wife hates drinking water (what a big baby)

I don't get not drinking water. It doesn't taste like anything and therefore isn't unpleasant. haha

It's like saying that you hate eating white rice or white bread.

It's good for you, it doesn't taste bad, just bloody well drink it down. :)
The first thing to say is that this is definitely not pyramid selling, OK?

• Lazio
  • Super Waygook

• January 27, 2018, 03:56:10 pm
    • Gyeongi-do
« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2020, 09:09:57 am »
My wife hates drinking water (what a big baby) so this is what I do. I use limes though. Seem to last longer than lemons

I have this

https://www.amazon.com/Infuser-Bottle-Flip-top-BPA-Free-Turquoise/dp/B01C7YF3QC?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

One can actually buy lime for reasonable prices with free delivery. What I see now on wemakeprice is 1kg for 8.000krw. They last several weeks in a plastic bag in the fridge. A few weeks ago even a single one was available for 790 I think and it was with free delivery. But coupang also has good deals with free delivery.
To spice things up a bit, you could throw in a few mint leaves as well. If you don't grow it at home, you can order fresh mint online, and freeze the leaves into ice cubes so you can use them for a long time.
While you are at it, you could get some white rum and sparkling water to enjoy a mojito after a hard day at work. Or at work if you need a buzz.

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #305 on: June 16, 2020, 09:20:03 am »
I don't get not drinking water. It doesn't taste like anything and therefore isn't unpleasant. haha

It's because it's bland and boring. :P

« Reply #306 on: June 16, 2020, 10:18:09 am »
One can actually buy lime for reasonable prices with free delivery. What I see now on wemakeprice is 1kg for 8.000krw. They last several weeks in a plastic bag in the fridge. A few weeks ago even a single one was available for 790 I think and it was with free delivery. But coupang also has good deals with free delivery.
To spice things up a bit, you could throw in a few mint leaves as well. If you don't grow it at home, you can order fresh mint online, and freeze the leaves into ice cubes so you can use them for a long time.
While you are at it, you could get some white rum and sparkling water to enjoy a mojito after a hard day at work. Or at work if you need a buzz.

Yeah. Limes are super available these days. It's great. Also, mint is the stupidest easy herb to grow, so mojitos are always on deck at our house.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #307 on: June 19, 2020, 12:01:41 pm »
If you're going on an overnight trip with friends or loved ones, leave your phone at home.

It's really nice to just relax and not be able to distract yourself with it.

"But Kevin, you should just have the wherewithal to not use it."

No. That's not how life works. They're designed to be used. They're designed to fill the 2 mins of boredom you may have while your friend is in the washroom.

Good on you for being the rare case with great mental fortitude. The vast majority of us could afford a little break from the phone, by being forced or by sheer virtue of being a great person.

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #308 on: June 19, 2020, 01:16:49 pm »

tbh i don't like eating plain white rice. kind of sucks korea ****** LOVES eating bowls of plain rice. if it's mixed with something it's fine though

water is easier to consume than boring rice though

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2020, 01:23:26 pm »
if it's mixed with something it's fine though
Hot off the press and submitted to EKM

« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2020, 01:46:19 pm »
tbh i don't like eating plain white rice. kind of sucks korea ****** LOVES eating bowls of plain rice. if it's mixed with something it's fine though

water is easier to consume than boring rice though

But that's what all the other food is for. Like, that's why 반찬 exist. To flavour your rice. They're too salty to eat on their own, usually. And when you combine a bland thing and a salty thing, you get a balanced thing.

« Reply #311 on: July 08, 2020, 09:12:49 am »
Lifehack 35: For a fresh, fun, and carefree look, you can get wind-swept, fresh-from-the-beach hair by opening the window of your car while driving. This will blow your hair around, simulating the look you'd get from hanging out by the ocean.

« Reply #312 on: July 08, 2020, 10:40:35 am »
I haven’t gotten a haircut since covid started (my friend JT and I have a running bet to see who can go the longest during the pandemic without a trim) and I’ve only shaved my beard once — right before getting on my flight here. I think I have the surfer bum look down pat. Wanna see if I can get it long enough to get a bun going, just for shits and giggles. Also, opening as many windows as possible is good practice during the pandemic. I certainly push open whatever windows are within reach when riding the bus.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 10:43:17 am by Don Hobak »

• oglop
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #313 on: July 08, 2020, 11:45:11 am »
But that's what all the other food is for. Like, that's why 반찬 exist. To flavour your rice. They're too salty to eat on their own, usually. And when you combine a bland thing and a salty thing, you get a balanced thing.

yeah i just don't like it unless there something saucy i can mix it with