Read 5357 times

• Pecan
  • The Legend

• December 27, 2010, 09:14:44 am
    • Seoul
Re: Inappropriate Youtube videos
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 03:11:06 pm »
...some videos have unexpected suggested videos that pop-up during or at the end of the video. It is usually another video that is tagged from the same channel...anyway..ooops
   This is why I almost always download Youtube videos before showing them. This has the additional benefit of bypassing the whole please-god-let-the-internet-work-this-class issue that I've occasionally encountered in the past. Also, it makes it possible to embed videos in the slides themselves which can save a lot of time switching through tabs, typing in urls etc.
+1

I use clipgrab...is there a better option?

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 03:23:44 pm »
I use clipgrab...is there a better option?
Dunno if it's better, per se, but I use "Free YouTube Downloader", which is the highest rated app for that purpose on cnet. I'm guessing it's pretty much the same as the one you use.

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 03:25:49 pm »
I played Peewee's X-mas special at my winter camp. It's on Netflix and I didn't watch the whole thing prior.

Let's just say the boys didn't appreciate Grace Jones. hahahaha

Not sure if it's on Netflix, but Pee Wee's Big Adventure is clean, aside from one poorly translated/slightly sexual sentence in the dive bar. And kids like it; 3rd and 4th graders at least.

Also, Firefox has several extensions for downloading youtube videos that you can find by going to their Add-ons tab.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:31:40 pm by donovan »

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 01:37:57 pm »
Regarding downloading youtube videos: You can just type SS in front of the link to your video. It takes you directly to a website to download it. I have had a lot less issues using it. My co teacher showed me. (www. SSyoutube .com)

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2017, 03:17:44 pm »
I once showed my 3rd and 4th graders a Pixar short film featuring Monsters Inc Mike and Sully in a taxi. I searched it on youtube last minute since we had about 5 minutes to spare and it was the perfect filler for the end of the class. In the video, Mike is on the phone with someone and can't hear properly, so the person on the other end of the video shouts "PUSH THE BUT-" (button) before being cut off. It sounded like "WHAT THE F -" and one of the 3rd graders asked "Teacher did he say what the ****?" and consequently got scolded by my coteacher. Then my coteacher told me off for showing an inappropriate video.
Lesson learnt: always check the video before showing it to kids. Even videos where you can mishear the English is dangerous territory.

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 02:14:56 am »
I teallllllllly hope i don't mess up when i get there! This site is gonna b a big help!