Read 894 times

• poopfeast420
  • Waygookin

• September 01, 2015, 02:25:40 pm
    • Ulsan
    more
Applying to GSIS in Seoul
« on: April 24, 2017, 09:06:08 am »
Hello everyone. As the title suggests, I am currently in the process of applying to a few schools here in Korea. I am looking to start in September at either Seoul National, Korea or Ewha in their respective GSIS schools. I was hoping someone who has been in one of these programs tell me what their experience was like? I am also curious as to what the acceptance % is in these particular schools. A google search doesn't turn up much and I was only able to find foreigner acceptance rates to SNU from 2011. I was not a valedictorian and messed around in my first year of University. As a result my GPA isn't the greatest but I have a strong Senior year and good recommendations. Plus I have been an EPIK teacher here in Korea for 2 years (not sure if that counts for anything.) Feel free to let me know what your post-grad or even undergrad experience was like in Korea.

Re: Applying to GSIS in Seoul
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 09:14:24 am »
Look up KGSP. No point in paying for what should be free. I'm no super genius but KGSP accepted me for a full scholarship plus living stipend.

• poopfeast420
  • Waygookin

• September 01, 2015, 02:25:40 pm
    • Ulsan
    more
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:20:31 am »
Look up KGSP. No point in paying for what should be free. I'm no super genius but KGSP accepted me for a full scholarship plus living stipend.

I had found KGSP a while back but unfortunately in their information package they make it explicitly clear that they will toss your application if your GPA doesnt meet the 80% cut off and thanks to my first year shenanigans my GPA is well below that (73-75%) range. The scholarship did look perfect, 1 year of full korean study and your graduate degree paid for...

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 12:52:26 pm »
With that KGSP thing, do you think they still are accepting applications for this fall? When did you apply? I'm looking at the website and I'm not sure how to apply for the scholarship, only to submit a normal application to attend each school.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 02:28:48 pm »
I couldn't figure out the website as well.