Read 5413 times

Help! Laundry Detergent
« on: April 23, 2017, 12:34:16 pm »
Does anyone know of a good brand of detergent? And potentially a photo so I can find it. ha 

I got some today and tried to look it up online and think it might have bleach in it..? I don't want to end up with oddly bleach stained clothes. I attached an image of what I bought so if anyone uses this detergent and knows it won't turn my colorful clothes odd colors let me know!

Or send a photo my way of a decent brand!

Thank you! Thank you!

• emmas28
  • Veteran

• August 27, 2015, 10:42:23 am
    • Korea
Re: Help! Laundry Detergent
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 08:15:31 pm »
http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=698803850

This one does the job ok for me. I also use a softener/scent as Korean detergents tend to come scent free.

• EditHero
  • Adventurer

• February 18, 2013, 08:40:27 pm
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 08:30:53 pm »
they sell persil over here too. Its always good. Green color is good for lighter colors. Blue color protects darks. But I've used green on darks and havr had no problem.

I even called persil once to make sure with them that the persil in Korea is the same as what they sell in the US. And it is.

I dunno where you live, but its everywhere in Seoul. Should be at most big marts and at all the department stores too.

Or you can buy it on gmarket. That's what I do cuz I'm lazy.

• Pecan
  • The Legend

• December 27, 2010, 09:14:44 am
    • Seoul

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 09:34:22 pm »
Costco has a mix of local and imported brands.

We got Kirkland this time, and a local brand with babies on the label last time.

They used to have Woolite, but that got replaced with a more fragrant local brand.

Low (or non-offensive) fragrance it my family's highest criteria.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 09:39:28 pm »
I only ever use Actz...I've tried a few other Korean detergents in the past and maybe they did have bleach because they messed up the colors. Never had a problem with Actz.
Also I only use the gel, I refuse to use powder because sometimes it doesn't dissolve into the wash and gets stuck on the clothes, because Korean washers are crap.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 12:11:45 am »

We got Kirkland this time, and a local brand with babies on the label last time.

They used to have Woolite, but that got replaced with a more fragrant local brand.

I like the Kirkland liquid kind.  As for other stuff getting replaced, Costco has been doing that a lot lately, haven't they?  I've noticed over the past year, they've downsized and switched out a lot of foreign brands for local ones.  I miss the old soft toilet paper.  Now it's some made locally type that isn't as soft at all.  Many of the museli and healthy cereals replaced with local versions, etc. 

• Pecan
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 06:20:52 am »

I like the Kirkland liquid kind.  As for other stuff getting replaced, Costco has been doing that a lot lately, haven't they?  I've noticed over the past year, they've downsized and switched out a lot of foreign brands for local ones.  I miss the old soft toilet paper.  Now it's some made locally type that isn't as soft at all.  Many of the museli and healthy cereals replaced with local versions, etc.
My brother from another mother, preach on!!!

It's criminal what has been happening at Costco.

That new tp is garbage sandpaper compared to the Kirkland brand that is no longer being sold here.

It is definitely a strategy that Costco Korea has adopted.

They will eventually be 90-100% Korean products.

• MissHannigan
  • Explorer

• May 25, 2016, 03:24:07 pm
    • South Korea
    more
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 07:46:33 am »
I gotchu!

The brand Liq is what I've been using and it's great. It's a liquid detergent. The pink bottle is for front load washers and the purple bottle is for top load washers.

For fabric softener I use the Pigeon brand, they have 3 different scents I've seen so far to choose from. Ocean Breeze smells GOOD. Sorry I don't have any pictures but I think these brands are in ALL supermarkets (I live in a rural area) and you can find them on gmarket too.
Hope this helps, good luck! :)

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 07:58:26 am »
I gotchu!

The brand Liq is what I've been using and it's great. It's a liquid detergent. The pink bottle is for front load washers and the purple bottle is for top load washers.

For fabric softener I use the Pigeon brand, they have 3 different scents I've seen so far to choose from. Ocean Breeze smells GOOD. Sorry I don't have any pictures but I think these brands are in ALL supermarkets (I live in a rural area) and you can find them on gmarket too.
Hope this helps, good luck! :)

The Pigeon factory looks like a dating service.

:)

• JNM
  • The Legend

• Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 08:21:15 am »
Every few months, Tide Free and Gentle pops up for a good price on Gmarket and I stock up. It's good for everyday things.

Someone mentioned that blue Persil is good for darks - are there any other laundry detergents that are specifically made for minimizing fading of dark clothes? I've been looking for years.

Woolite used to have one in Canada and US

• hangyul
  • Adventurer

• March 22, 2017, 10:42:38 am
    • Gyeonggi-do South Korea
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 08:25:26 am »
I like to use lots of kinds of laundry sauce. My favorite is pepsi, but in South Korea they stylize it as "bepis"

• z80
  • Expert Waygook

• August 24, 2014, 07:34:50 pm
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 08:36:31 am »
I use emart no brand.

• Pecan
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 09:06:34 am »
Using scented detergent to mask the fact that your machine is filthy and to make your clothes smell is nasty.

If they are CLEAN, the machine and your clothes shouldn't smell of anything.

Perhaps you should try sanitizing your machine by using 95 degree or hotter, like the "steam clean" cycle, plus treatment capsule.

Have you ever taken apart your machine or cleaned it?

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 10:03:56 am »

My brother from another mother, preach on!!!

It's criminal what has been happening at Costco.

That new tp is garbage sandpaper compared to the Kirkland brand that is no longer being sold here.

It is definitely a strategy that Costco Korea has adopted.

They will eventually be 90-100% Korean products.

Probably cuz they keep losing money by insisting on selling stuff that nobody in Korea would ever buy, like giant garden sheds and wooden gazebos that are bigger than most Korean apartments.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit