Read 7975 times

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 15, 2015, 11:48:59 am
    • Seoul
What's wrong with some Koreans?
« on: April 09, 2017, 12:40:38 pm »
I just watched an older Korean woman throw garbage at a young couple with a child. The guy was non-Korean and the woman was Korean. The lady then swore and called the woman a *hor*.

After all my years in Korea this is the worst thing I have ever seen as the lady started to cry as did the baby.

How can some people be this horrible?

• zola
  • The Legend

• September 30, 2012, 06:56:11 am
    • Korea
Re: What's wrong with some Koreans?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 12:50:03 pm »
Why did she throw garbage at them?
Kpip! - Martin 2018

• Bukguguy
  • Waygookin

• April 07, 2017, 10:00:01 pm
    • Gwangju, South Korea
    more
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 02:09:50 pm »
Are you seriously asking the OP to know what is in the head of some racist old women who holds views similar to Hittler and believes the Korean people shouldn't intermix with other ethnicities to preserve purity?

Really ?  How can the op know what any person is thinking ?

• mrc45
  • Super Waygook

• April 19, 2015, 12:50:26 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 05:02:35 pm »
You always have some fantastic story to tell, OP. In my eight years in South Korea, I have not seen one-tenth of the things that seem to happen to you on a regular basis. Yes, some Koreans are assholes, but you can find assholes anywhere.

• Aurata
  • Expert Waygook

• July 10, 2016, 09:51:51 pm
    • Korea
    more
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 06:10:39 pm »
In my eight years in South Korea, I have not seen one-tenth of the things that seem to happen to you on a regular basis.

A lot depends on how you look and the vibe you give off.

I have bad gibun, so I don't get approached nearly as much as some waygooks do. I'm also dark and average height so Koreans don't tend to recognize me as foreign until they're right up close.
Imagine your Korea...

• DLJL
  • Super Waygook

• July 26, 2015, 08:33:30 pm
    • Yeosu
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 06:18:53 pm »
You always have some fantastic story to tell, OP. In my eight years in South Korea, I have not seen one-tenth of the things that seem to happen to you on a regular basis. Yes, some Koreans are assholes, but you can find assholes anywhere.

Depends where you live. Down south is a completely different world to Seoul.

• KoreaBoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 25, 2014, 04:00:42 pm
    • Korealand
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 08:30:34 pm »
This has happened to my wife and I on several occasions. 

No garbage though.

They usually spit at us and verbally accost her while we just ignore and move along.

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 08:50:05 pm »
Why did she throw garbage at them?

Because she didn't approve of non-Koreans marrying Koreans.

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 08:54:40 pm »

When I lived in Seoul and Ilsan nothing like this happened often when I moved outside of the larger cities I experienced many things. But throwing garbage at a family is sickening especially with a young child present.

No one ever comes forward as the law here is messed up. No self Defence or protection laws are in Korea. Basically if you're a victim you can still get charged.

• Pecan
  • The Legend

• December 27, 2010, 09:14:44 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 11:58:03 pm »
It is perfectly understandable for people to be opposed to what they view as abnormal and abhorrent behavior.

Anti-miscegenation laws were common in the US until the late 60s, while mainstream views took much longer to change.

Do you people live under a rock?

Korea is not more "socially developed" and tolerant of interracial unions than the US.  If anything, they are 50 years behind, so understand where you are.

Men were strung from trees for far less, so you might want to readjust your level of disgust for having garbage thrown at you and welcome it, as it could be far worse.

• Aurata
  • Expert Waygook

• July 10, 2016, 09:51:51 pm
    • Korea
    more
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 12:25:06 am »
No one ever comes forward as the law here is messed up. No self Defence or protection laws are in Korea. Basically if you're a victim you can still get charged.

Leading to a sort of paralysis whereby only the perpetrators escape punishment.
Imagine your Korea...

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 07:12:57 am »

Not sure where you are living, perhaps not Korea? I always have shit like this happen to my family. I once had a kid spit towards my (then) 1 year old when the kid (8 or 9) was with her mother. The mother didn't say a word until I spit on her child. On other occasions, we get kids who won't leave us alone (curious about our family) and want to continuously be next to us even during inappropriate times. It's a mixed bag every single time we go out. To suggest that things like what the OP is describing is a rarity is just asinine.   
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:14:36 am by Seoul cruiser »

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 07:49:03 am »

Depends where you live. Down south is a completely different world to Seoul.

I live down south. Everyone is super nice. KimDuHan always has a negative story though...
Not saying it didn't happen but he's the only one that posts stuff like this. What's the agenda here?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:51:35 am by turningsteel »

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 07:58:06 am »
I live down south too. Only one verbal incident, but about 10 spitting in my/our direction.

The verbal one was at a large expo show, a woman approached us and said basically "your name is garbage". My wife either ignored her or didn't hear it. I gave the lady a death stare and she quickly ran away.

But also have to admit to getting some kindness when least expected too. So I guess it all evens out.

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 08:07:32 am »
KimDuHan topic
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM
    Trump is a liar and a con man.
Quote from Mr.DeMartino on June 14, 2019 at 02:28:07 pm
Donald Trump is a lying sack of shit

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 08:24:23 am »

:wink:

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 08:41:56 am »

Best quote from a very quotable show.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 08:42:46 am »

This is a Western episode of Tennant's Dr. Who? Haven't seen it.
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 08:50:18 am »

Leading to a sort of paralysis whereby only the perpetrators escape punishment.

But also deterring assaults in the first place and reducing them to mostly posturing. It has its plusses and minuses.

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 09:00:43 am »

This is a Western episode of Tennant's Dr. Who? Haven't seen it.

Justified. Based on an Elmore Leonard story. Great show, great casting and acting. The list of guest stars that have come along for a few episodes or a season is really impressive.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:02:25 am by Mr.DeMartino »