Read 3707 times

• cashclay
  • Super Waygook

• May 03, 2015, 03:51:12 am
    • seoul
What is your favorite korean dating site?
« on: April 06, 2017, 10:22:19 am »
Just what the question is asking.  I really want to use a korean one and not some western site.   Thanks. Also it would be a plus if it were free

• maximmm
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 05, 2013, 11:02:44 am
Re: What is your favorite korean dating site?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 10:31:11 am »
Waygook is my favorite dating site -  :angel:

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 11:15:57 am »

Where's my Chinguetti?

Wait, I just realised, is it Chingu-etti (like 친구) or Chinguetti, like spaghetti?
The joys of fauxtherhood

• cjszk
  • Expert Waygook

• August 23, 2013, 10:29:05 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:30:11 am »
Search 소개팅 on your apps store for your phone.
Be warned in advance though, Koreans who use these internet apps for dating are often extremely materialistic and usually have standards too high for even themselves... lots of kimchi girls. The apps will also ask questions regarding this- your height, job, salary etc.
Also if you don't look Korean I don't think girls will usually give you a chance. You'll probably attract a foreigner-lover, not a regular Korean girl. Foreigner lovers aren't very common on Korean apps either.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:36:31 am by cjszk »

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 12:05:30 pm »
+1 my reply if you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Koreans who use tinder for language exchange  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There are apps for that.  They are called "HelloTalk" and now the new one solely for Koreans Engoo

Which is why I find this ad sooo funny.  I think Koreans made this as a jab to foreigners here (preferably foreign English teaching women) who misunderstand the intentions of interactions.  YEAH SOME ONE NEEDS TO TELL THIS DUMB NITWIT THAT SHE IS A TEACHER FOR ENGOO and not to fall in love with the client as we can clearly see her doing.  (Which for me, I don't think this is a good ad for the company because it shows somehow potentially annoying it can be for a serious language learner.  I mean put this in the female Perspective (edit*oops lol)  if you really just want to learn English and the guy keeps asking you what are you wearing? >:( >:( )   

However those who use tinder, gindr, and okcupid for language learning can go find a seat in the seventh layer of hell.   :evil: :evil: :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VoUHr4m2kU
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 12:16:35 pm by Piggydee »

• scpru
  • Veteran

• October 03, 2016, 09:46:41 am
    • Samcheonpo
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 12:10:31 pm »
+1 my reply if you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Koreans who use tinder for language exchange  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

However those who use tinder, gindr, and okcupid for language learning can go find a seat in the seventh layer of hell.   :evil: :evil: :evil:

Damn, Dee. Tell us how you really feel.  ;D

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 12:12:09 pm »

Which is why I find this ad sooo funny.  I think Koreans made this as a jab to foreigners here (preferably foreign English teaching women) who misunderstand the intentions of interactions.  YEAH SOME ONE NEEDS TO TELL THIS DUMB NITWIT THAT SHE IS A TEACHER FOR ENGOO and not to fall in love with the client as we can clearly see her doing.  (Which for me, I don't think this is a good ad for the company because it shows somehow potentially annoying it can be for a serious language learner. I mean put this in the female preservative if you really just want to learn English and the guy keeps asking you what are you wearing? >:( >:( )   

You're right though, although my friend told me a lot of the girls on tinder who write "No hookups" are actually looking for hookups, they just want an out if they're friends or family (family? hahaha) see them on there and they don't want to be labelled as "sleeping around."

I'm on Tinder as of 4 days ago and not having much luck. I may actually have to leave the house and....................... converse.

Christ, 3 years rusty. Wish my luck.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• cashclay
  • Super Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 12:13:31 pm »
Search 소개팅 on your apps store for your phone.
What app store you mean google app?
or samsung app store?

• cashclay
  • Super Waygook

• seoul
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 12:17:55 pm »
I hate how are all apps for rating appearances and what not starts off with the lure of free usage.  Then they **** you .  I just want an app like hot or not but even that charges.  Anyone know of any that like hot or not thats for free?

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 12:29:00 pm »
I hate how are all apps for rating appearances and what not starts off with the lure of free usage.  Then they **** you .  I just want an app like hot or not but even that charges.  Anyone know of any that like hot or not thats for free?

Skout is pretty free to talk.  However, that one was started as a "friendship" finder site.  So just let your intentions be known up front that you aren't here for language exchange or penpals  (YEAH PEN PALS is on option on that app  :huh:)  Thankfully I noticed a lot of Koreans (guys) use skout as they SHOULD use tinder.  For dating and hooking up.  So skout has giving me less headaches in the free chatting department and not being 5 mins in and finding out the dude just wants language practice. 

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• October 14, 2016, 10:29:17 am
    • Korea
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 12:38:13 pm »

Where's my Chinguetti?

Wait, I just realised, is it Chingu-etti (like 친구) or Chinguetti, like spaghetti?

I have been reading it as Chinguetti, like spaghetti, but now Chingu-etti (like 친구) seems to make sense. I am in a long term.  If I ever had to start dating again... I wouldn't. Well I couldn't. The whole leaving the house thing, communicating on a regular basis, making an effort. Way too much work.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 01:51:44 pm »

Where's my Chinguetti?

I have been reading it as Chinguetti, like spaghetti, but now Chingu-etti (like 친구) seems to make sense. I am in a long term.  If I ever had to start dating again... I wouldn't. Well I couldn't. The whole leaving the house thing, communicating on a regular basis, making an effort. Way too much work.

You're comment reminded me of what this comedian said.  :cheesy: :cheesy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMF8ARroPMU

• gotngoidea
  • Veteran

• August 28, 2012, 09:15:55 am
    • Chungcheongbuk-do, South Korea
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 01:58:57 pm »
Grindr, Jack'd, Hornet, Digsoo etc.

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 01:59:58 pm »

Which is why I find this ad sooo funny.  I think Koreans made this as a jab to foreigners here (preferably foreign English teaching women) who misunderstand the intentions of interactions.  YEAH SOME ONE NEEDS TO TELL THIS DUMB NITWIT THAT SHE IS A TEACHER FOR ENGOO and not to fall in love with the client as we can clearly see her doing.  (Which for me, I don't think this is a good ad for the company because it shows somehow potentially annoying it can be for a serious language learner. I mean put this in the female preservative if you really just want to learn English and the guy keeps asking you what are you wearing? >:( >:( )   

You're right though, although my friend told me a lot of the girls on tinder who write "No hookups" are actually looking for hookups, they just want an out if they're friends or family (family? hahaha) see them on there and they don't want to be labelled as "sleeping around."

I'm on Tinder as of 4 days ago and not having much luck. I may actually have to leave the house and....................... converse.

Christ, 3 years rusty. Wish my luck.

Tinder is really great here.  Enjoy it.  In the US it's completely unusable.  Here it's much easier to find people that actually want to date instead of boost their ego by getting matches.  Have fun with it!

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• South Korea
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 03:12:30 pm »
Yeah it seems for guys Tinder, Okcupid work great.  For girls Skout, Okcupid, Koreancupid, work well and I have NEVER encountered language learners on those apps.  Tinder here always makes me want to throw my phone against the wall when I match a potential date and  deep into the conversation He says "I want English help because my English is very bad"  >:(

Now if you speak Korean 소개팅 is okay and Noondate.  But I didn't know how to navagiate the menu too well and a lot of the profile is in Korean and ask too many questions about how much money I make, what's my blood type, what kind of style of guys do I like, and how I want my food to taste (Yeah I think it was either 소개팅 or Noondate that asked such an outlandish question.   I guess that's important to Koreans so that their match can know if they like salty, sweet or savory.  For me IDGAF!!)  So if you speak Korean great but honestly I wouldn't waste your time if you don't speak fluent Korean because you will probably meet someone who speaks nill English and who will probably be closed minded.  So why bother with Korean dating apps.  But if it MUST be Korean-centric then try Koreancupid. 

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 03:25:02 pm »
Why does it matter if you're already in Korea? It's not like Tinder is gonna be lacking Koreans.

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 08:01:53 am »
Jack'd or Grindr. They'll come to you  :wink:

• cjszk
  • Expert Waygook

• August 23, 2013, 10:29:05 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 08:22:12 am »
There are plenty on google store... again just search what I told you. However, because you are a foreigner I seriously doubt you're going to get a lot of "yes"  because they would probably be intimidated with the idea of meeting a foreigner... and again, lots of kimchi girl types on these apps looking for the "perfect" man.

If you want an actual girlfriend, my advice would be to get more involved with the community and find someone that way... do some language exchange *cough cough... hookup exchange* like many western guys here seem to do to find a Korean GF. Then let her leech your English off while you still get what you're looking for.
- This was said rather negatively wasn't it? But that's essentially what I see a lot of English speaking men here do. They say they want to learn Korean but just look for women on language apps. Nothing wrong with that I guess, they still teach English.

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 08:23:34 am »
Yeah it seems for guys Tinder, Okcupid work great.  For girls Skout, Okcupid, Koreancupid, work well and I have NEVER encountered language learners on those apps.  Tinder here always makes me want to throw my phone against the wall when I match a potential date and  deep into the conversation He says "I want English help because my English is very bad"  >:(

This is just a theory I have, so it could be off, but when I meet women here, their English is usually really good.  Also, it seems like they tend to specifically go after foreign guys. I've concluded that their English is so advanced because they intend to marry a foreign guy and get the hell out or stay here but benefit from not having to deal with the cultural trappings of dating a Korean man (in-laws, expectations of the woman's role in the marriage, etc).

The guys on the other hand don't have the same drive to learn English, if they find a foreign girl, they want to stay here in Korea and have her learn Korean. Just a theory, but in my personal life, I've found it to largely be accurate.

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 08:54:05 am »
You could probably use Skout or Badoo.

I have always said it like "Spaghetti"...