Read 1012 times

• provism
  • Waygookin

• April 24, 2016, 04:09:58 pm
For re-signing my contract, my boss has given me 7 days to go home in which he'll pay for my roundtrip ticket. I chose to stack it with the upcoming buddha's birthday & children's day stuff to get a few more days at home. the issue is that we have yet to go to the immigration office (should hopefully go tomorrow, but he likes to procrastinate) to renew everything. my ARC and visa will expire on may 19th, while my flight back to korea arrives on may 6th.

worst case scenario, i don't get my updated ARC back in time and the visa in my passport says i'm expiring in 13 days. is this going to be an issue? even if i only have 13 days on my visa will they still let me in?

Re: Will I be able to get back into Korea with an almost-expired ARC?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 12:29:48 pm »
Had a similar situation once. When both leaving, and re-entering, I showed my printed immigration appointment ticket from hikorea, which was scheduled for before my expiration date. They understood immediately and had no problem.

• mrc45
  • Super Waygook

• April 19, 2015, 12:50:26 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 12:46:29 pm »
You should have no problem. I went home between contracts a few years ago and I was leaving before the final date on my visa (but after the final date on my contract  :rolleyes:). The immigration official I spoke to wouldn't extend my visa with my new hagwon, despite having all my documents in order. I came back to South Korea with only a day or two remaining on my visa and immigration didn't say a thing to me at the airport. I did however carry a copy of my new contract and my housing contract with me just in case.

• DianaTeacher2016
  • Waygookin

• March 07, 2016, 03:14:40 pm
    • Busan, South Korea
    more
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 01:11:34 pm »
For re-signing my contract, my boss has given me 7 days to go home in which he'll pay for my roundtrip ticket. I chose to stack it with the upcoming buddha's birthday & children's day stuff to get a few more days at home. the issue is that we have yet to go to the immigration office (should hopefully go tomorrow, but he likes to procrastinate) to renew everything. my ARC and visa will expire on may 19th, while my flight back to korea arrives on may 6th.

worst case scenario, i don't get my updated ARC back in time and the visa in my passport says i'm expiring in 13 days. is this going to be an issue? even if i only have 13 days on my visa will they still let me in?

Because you are renewing and not issuing a new ARC, if you have another line on your ARC card, they will just print the new dates on your current card. You'll have it before you leave the office.

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 01:43:45 pm »
Even if it had 1 day on it they'd have to let you in. Simple as that.