• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
Re: Restaurant discriminates against foreigners
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 08:54:54 am »
Well that's like one Goki Jeep.  He could go to another.  I hear Korea has more than one :rolleyes:  I would be upset too however because you're just trying to live your life go about your own business and they BAM "YOU NO ....NO NO NO YOU NO" ....like seriously STFU.  I wouldn't have left and I would have waited until they called the police, armed with video in hand to show them not allowing me in.  Plus there is a law against discrimination in Korea and I would tell them about that law.  They might say "because we have had problems before and I would say I'm not those foreigners and if you had drunk Korean men making problems in here would you ban drunk Korean men?"

Plus I am a little side eye'd on this video since we only see the end...we don't see how it started.  But sorry about it bro.  If one Korean restaurant is being a prick you can go to another....
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:58:00 am by Piggydee »

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 09:46:05 am »
Well that's like one Goki Jeep.  He could go to another.  I hear Korea has more than one :rolleyes:  I would be upset too however because you're just trying to live your life go about your own business and they BAM "YOU NO ....NO NO NO YOU NO" ....like seriously STFU.  I wouldn't have left and I would have waited until they called the police, armed with video in hand to show them not allowing me in.  Plus there is a law against discrimination in Korea and I would tell them about that law.  They might say "because we have had problems before and I would say I'm not those foreigners and if you had drunk Korean men making problems in here would you ban drunk Korean men?"

Plus I am a little side eye'd on this video since we only see the end...we don't see how it started.  But sorry about it bro.  If one Korean restaurant is being a prick you can go to another....

What law is that?

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=49038#.WNxwvbglHct
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:43:33 am by Seoul cruiser »

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 09:50:15 am »
Devils advocate: huge waygookins have come in and ate 10x the amount koreans do.

Also, video starts with him using 반말 like a dingus.

• KoreaBoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 25, 2014, 04:00:42 pm
    • Korealand
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:52:40 am »
You may not realize this, but private businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone they want.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 10:27:09 am »
Devils advocate: huge waygookins have come in and ate 10x the amount koreans do.

He probably said 안녕 to the guy. The guy was very offended.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• yirj17
  • The Legend

• September 16, 2015, 02:23:16 am
    • Korealand
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 10:52:13 am »

:laugh: :laugh:  Idk if it's just me, but lately I've found your comments quite entertaining

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• October 14, 2016, 10:29:17 am
    • Korea
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 10:56:38 am »

:laugh: :laugh:  Idk if it's just me, but lately I've found your comments quite entertaining

Agreed. CO2 you are on a roll lately!
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 11:07:59 am »

Agreed. CO2 you are on a roll lately!

I was thinking the same, but didn't want to jinx it. We shall see....

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 11:14:49 am »
Meh I think he's more protesting the fact that they're not used to foreigners "getting their money's worth" at a buffet and are eating his profits  :laugh:

Well that's like one Goki Jeep.

Wtf is a Goki Jeep :laugh:

I thought you knew...

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 11:34:11 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwdgxqjyDo0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwdgxqjyDo0

Kim Crow is alive and well.

The folks filming are either ignorant of the laws here or really enjoy living dangerously.

- They filmed the owner, without his permission and uploaded to Youtube.
- They filmed patrons, without their permission and uploaded it to Youtube.
- I'd guess the owner has a decent shot at suing for defamation.

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 11:46:09 am »

The folks filming are either ignorant of the laws here or really enjoy living dangerously.

You don't need permission here to record as long as you are a party to the conversation.

• Aristocrat
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• November 10, 2014, 01:04:27 pm
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 11:47:23 am »

You don't need permission here to record as long as you are a party to the conversation.

I stand corrected ;D

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 11:48:01 am »
Y'all are too kind.

Just broke up with my GF on Monday, so it's nice to hear some kind things. Fret not, however, it is absolutely for the best.

Onward and upwards.  :cheesy:

Any of you ladies need some company? I've got an air of hotness around me, for I am CO2.
The joys of fauxtherhood

• KoreaBoo
  • Expert Waygook

• May 25, 2014, 04:00:42 pm
    • Korealand
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 12:03:48 pm »
Recording the video is perfectly legal.  Nothing wrong with that.

Attempting to damage the owner's reputation electronically is what can put him in serious jeopardy.  He more or less put a confession to a crime in Korea if the owner decides to accuse him.

In short.....the guy in the video is ignorant of the local laws, a little full of his sense of 'fairness' and has a 6 month statute of limitations for his little video to pass once uploaded to avoid prosecution.  He's pretty much f****d if the owner decides to act.

• KathyM
  • Waygookin

• October 06, 2016, 08:06:18 am
    • Canada
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 12:05:56 pm »
LOL funny how if a a white guy gets slightly disrespected he scream racism and wants justice. Meanwhile, if you try to kill off an entire race (natives) and enslave different races (chinese and blacks, White people will try to tell you to, "get over it". White LOGIC.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 12:06:50 pm »
In short.....the guy in the video is ignorant of the local laws, a little full of his sense of 'fairness' and has a 6 month statute of limitations for his little video to pass once uploaded to avoid prosecution.  He's pretty much f****d if the owner decides to act.

Published on 31 Aug 2016.

He good.
The joys of fauxtherhood

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 12:07:17 pm »
Haven't watched the video -- do we know for a fact he wasn't served because of his ethnicity, and not some possible other factor?

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 12:11:57 pm »
LOL funny how if a a white guy gets slightly disrespected he scream racism and wants justice. Meanwhile, if you try to kill off an entire race (natives) and enslave different races (chinese and blacks, White people will try to tell you to, "get over it". White LOGIC.

Well, yeah. This happened to him in the present. He's upset.

That happened to different people in the past by people who aren't us.

The sins of the father do not get passed onto the son.

If this guy in the video's grandson was yelling at Koreans about how they wouldn't let his grandpappy eat samgyeopsal, we'd be telling the little twerp to get over it, too.

Has no one read Romeo and Juliet? It's not just a romantic story (and tbh, it's a little creepy how fast they 'fall in love' but that's another issue). It's about letting go of the past, and putting an end to blood feuds. The Montagues and the Capulets can't let it go and it costs them their kin. Only when the young lovers are dead, and willing to show that they will die for love, and not for hate, do the families agree to a ceasefire and to bury the hatchet.

Is that what you're suggesting? That the Natives 'get even?' Every Chinese person in North America gets a good bash in the chops of those Whites whose family have been here since 1820-1850?

You have friends that complain about the same shit everyday for three weeks and YOU wish they'd shut up about it. It's not too much to ask a Chinese-American 19 year old not to pull the "My grandpa died building the railway for you. You are bad."

Don't forget the crimes of the past, but that's what they are, OF THE PAST. It ain't my fault that someone else's great great grandfather was an asshole.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 12:17:35 pm by CO2 »
The joys of fauxtherhood

• What?What?
  • Expert Waygook

• October 14, 2016, 10:29:17 am
    • Korea
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 12:14:35 pm »
Y'all are too kind.

Just broke up with my GF on Monday, so it's nice to hear some kind things. Fret not, however, it is absolutely for the best.

Onward and upwards.  :cheesy:

Any of you ladies need some company? I've got an air of hotness around me, for I am CO2.

Aww no! Break ups are sh*t. No matter what the circumstances. Sending virtual happy hippy vibes to ya.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne