Read 9774 times

Re: Is veganism manageable?
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2019, 11:50:07 am »

I'm hoping that one day soon vat-grown meat will become commercially viable, as that would actually go a long way towards helping all three of those issues.

i had impossible meat once and it was not terrible

• LIC
  • Adventurer

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2019, 09:50:43 pm »
Veganism is not manageable without dietary supplements. Humans are genetically designed to be omnivores. Meat is not only delicious but necessary.

Vegans: health restrictions okay...moral or ethical beliefs =  :laugh:

I would also hope that vegans never wear anything that came from an animal. Like a leather belt. Or a purse made of leather etc etc....that would just make them hypocrites.

• CypherSoul
  • Veteran

• May 02, 2018, 07:51:18 am
    • Daegu, South Korea
    more
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2019, 08:17:40 am »
My question is how manageable is veganism in South Korea as compared to the US (where I am from) or other western countries?

In South Korea, I'm not saying no but it's extremely hard especially on your teaching salary. Buying food in Korea especially foreign foods is an expensive business.  Unless you're willing to fork out a fortune for food because I'm guessing you don't want surprises in your food and for that, you need to know the ingredients and most of it is in Korean and if you know Korean, you should be okay with this aspect if not, you may have a fight on your hands. You can definitley find foreign foods here but you won't get everything you want and also it is so expensive you almost want to kill someone  :laugh: And also the cost of supplements (IHERB is your friend here). You should try the vegetarian or pescatarian route.

Former vegetarian  :cry: all that hard work :-[. But now that I am settled, I am reverting back to my vegetarian/pescatarian ways!  :angel:
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

• LIC
  • Adventurer

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2019, 02:54:58 pm »
My question is how manageable is veganism in South Korea as compared to the US (where I am from) or other western countries?

In South Korea, I'm not saying no but it's extremely hard especially on your teaching salary. Buying food in Korea especially foreign foods is an expensive business.  Unless you're willing to fork out a fortune for food because I'm guessing you don't want surprises in your food and for that, you need to know the ingredients and most of it is in Korean and if you know Korean, you should be okay with this aspect if not, you may have a fight on your hands. You can definitley find foreign foods here but you won't get everything you want and also it is so expensive you almost want to kill someone  :laugh: And also the cost of supplements (IHERB is your friend here). You should try the vegetarian or pescatarian route.

Former vegetarian  :cry: all that hard work :-[. But now that I am settled, I am reverting back to my vegetarian/pescatarian ways!  :angel:

Had to look up pescatarian. Now I know. Fish, seafood, eggs and dairy products plus veggies. I could do that. I wouldn't because I do love a great med. rare steak and chicken. But I could get by and be happy with seafood and dairy.