Read 1407 times

Anybody in their 2nd round in Korea?
« on: May 03, 2011, 09:39:41 am »
Hi everybody. I just recently came back to Korea two months ago after working in Korea for 3 years from the beginning of 2003 to the end of 2005. I'm curious to know if anybody has done the same and what changes they have noticed in Korea.

The first thing I noticed was the number of foreigners that come to Korea has increased a great deal. I used to be the only foreigner on the train back in 2003 and would occasionally see another foreigner, but nowadays there is almost always one or two other foreigners on the train everytime I hop on it. I also see a lot more interracial couples showing public displays of affection, something I never saw just back in 2005.

• JayRiley
  • Explorer

• March 31, 2011, 01:21:23 pm
    • Seocheon
Re: Anybody in their 2nd round in Korea?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:46:16 am »
Yeah it's my second round.  I'm down south compared with where I was last time.  The people are so much friendlier.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 10:11:55 am »
This is my 4th round. You'll see more foreigners now because there are no jobs back home.  Now that I'm married and started our family, why go back when I can easily take care of everyone here?
If you teach a class that has all special needs kids with only the physical ability to move their hands up and down, then you'll be fired because they all gave you checks instead of circles.

• Pin
  • Veteran

• March 30, 2011, 01:18:14 pm
    • Yongin, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 10:13:38 am »
Round 3 for me, and I love it.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get a better handle on my Korean this year!
히라리 히라리

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 10:14:43 am »
The demand for NETs has gone up and economies have gone down. These two created a large boom in the flux of foreigners in Korea.