Read 854 times

T-money SCIENCE
« on: February 28, 2017, 02:30:59 pm »
Waygookens,

My subway card sits nicely in my wallet and works fine through the fine leather craftsmanship however, I have other bank cards which use similar contactless technology (UK bank cards) which interfere forcing me to unsheathe my t-money card in order for it to work properly.

I noticed some people have their cards on the back of their phones but I've heard that the signals coming from the card readers can mess up your phone (<--- sounds like bs to me)

Is this true? Anyone know the science on this?
Anyone have an awesome solution? Perhaps a sheet of metal slot in your wallet would stop this..

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
Re: T-money SCIENCE
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 03:00:15 pm »
The magnetic component in your t-money and credit cards is nowhere near powerful enough to affect your phone.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 03:35:21 pm »
Yeah I meant the actual thing reading your card, not the card itself.
Actually I was asking if anyone knows the science: as I said above, I highly doubt any of it affects your phone but I've heard that a lot (I've even seen phone cases for sale which block the signals.)

• waygo0k
  • The Legend

• September 27, 2011, 11:51:01 am
    • Chungnam
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 03:48:25 pm »
The reader still does not possess enough magnetic strength to disrupt your phone.

The basic science is based on the idea that the card/reader's magnetic field might cause a disruption in the arrangement of information on your phone, thereby causing memory errors...in reality, there's a much higher chance of you doing damage to your phone's memory or t-money card by putting either in your back pocket and sitting on it.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 04:03:36 pm »
In fact, if you have certain phones, you can get TMoney SIM cards.

As far as preventing other cards from interfering with you TMoney card, just wrap them in aluminum foil.

My NEXUS card (Canada/USA immigration and customs fast lane) came with a copper foil envelope.