Read 1661 times

• Embarr
  • Veteran

• August 11, 2013, 09:01:22 am
    • Daejeon, South Korea
Does anyone use the KBstar app to do overseas remittance?
« on: February 09, 2017, 12:22:25 pm »
First, I would like responses from people who use KB banking. I don't need posts saying "just open an account with this other bank". If I can get this figured out, it would probably be easier than other options (for me). Thanks.

There seems to be a way to do overseas remittance with the app, and I can view a record of my past remittance I do through an ATM. However, if I try to actually send money overseas with the app, I get an error message saying "송금 [이체] 거래와 관련영문주소를 정비하신 후 거래하시기바랍니다"

I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do to make it work. It seems like i need to set something else up?

Re: Does anyone use the KBstar app to do overseas remittance?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 12:42:29 pm »
Have you done overseas remittance from that account before?

Firstly, you can only have one nominated account to transfer from.  If you are doing remittance from another account, or another bank, then that account will stay as your nominated remittance account until you change it (by going into the bank that holds the new remittance account).

Secondly, AFIAK you can only have a single account to send to.  You can't just send money from any of your Korean accounts to any overseas account.  You must set up a link from your Korean account to a nominated destination account (which is where you need the destination bank details, including SWIFT code and account number etc.).

So, if you've done it before via some means (over the counter, ATM, etc.) then the app should let you do exactly the same thing as before.  If it doesn't work you'll have to speak to the Korean bank.

If you haven't done it before then you'll need to set it up as I described.  Register the destination account with your bank, then it should appear as an account you are permitted to send to.

I use KEB EasyOne, even though I don't have an account with them.  From any ATM (and any account) I can transfer money to the KEB EasyOne account.  From there it magically disappears then reappears in my home account.  NH has something similar, imaginatively called NH Easy One.

• Embarr
  • Veteran

• Daejeon, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 12:49:35 pm »
I have overseas remittance set up. I've been sending money from this account to the same account overseas from the start. Not sure what the issue is, so I guess I'll have to talk to the bank. Bleh.

Question about the KEB EasyOne account. Have you only transferred from an ATM to EasyOne, of have you used your bank's (whichever one it is) online/app banking to transfer to it?

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 12:54:36 pm »
I have overseas remittance set up. I've been sending money from this account to the same account overseas from the start. Not sure what the issue is, so I guess I'll have to talk to the bank. Bleh.

Question about the KEB EasyOne account. Have you only transferred from an ATM to EasyOne, of have you used your bank's (whichever one it is) online/app banking to transfer to it?

Yes.  Talk to the bank (I can picture precisely how that will go.  My sympathies.)

To answer your other question, only ATM transfer.  I may have done an over-the-counter transfer from my main bank to Easy One, but I don't recall.  If I did it was because the ATM limit is 6m won and the over-the-counter limit is 10m won.

I don't use my bank's online banking, nor their app, as they both suck donkey's ****s.

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 01:15:11 pm »
Yes you can send money over seas with the KBstar banking app.  They have an English option on the app as well.

[urlhttps://itunes.apple.com/kr/app/kbseutabaengking/id373742138?mt=8][/url]

You can call  1599-4477 and they can walk you through how to send money by your phone.  Make sure you also have an OTP key chain to do it

• Embarr
  • Veteran

• Daejeon, South Korea
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 02:09:37 pm »
Yes you can send money over seas with the KBstar banking app.  They have an English option on the app as well.

You can call  1599-4477 and they can walk you through how to send money by your phone.  Make sure you also have an OTP key chain to do it

OTP Keychain? Thanks for the info!

I managed to get past the error message, but there's another error that requires me to go into the bank. Sigh. I should have it all set up and solved once I do that.

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 02:49:01 pm »

OTP Keychain? Thanks for the info!

I managed to get past the error message, but there's another error that requires me to go into the bank. Sigh. I should have it all set up and solved once I do that.

Sorry they are called OTP one button authenticators.   They look similar to these. 

• Embarr
  • Veteran

• Daejeon, South Korea
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 03:29:01 pm »
Oh, I've never seen that before. What banking services do you need that for to use? I've been here 3 years, done domestic bank transfers through my phone app, and never needed any device like that.

• Embarr
  • Veteran

• Daejeon, South Korea
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 12:54:17 pm »
I just realized that the keychain button authenticator might be similar to the security code card  KB gave me. It has random numbers on it in blocks, and I have to entered certain blocks into the system to complete online bank transactions.

Such as, the first 2 numbers of block 22, and the last 2 numbers of block 30. I'd show a pic, but I can't find one (and I'm not going to take a pic of mine for obvious reasons).