Read 278644 times

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #2880 on: October 30, 2019, 06:07:35 pm »
According to the Pentagon, the raid was successful despite trump and his impulsive, reckless moves in Syria.

« Reply #2881 on: November 06, 2019, 07:08:20 am »
Trump's pullout gave Turkey the green light to inflict massive violence on the Kurds once again.

Why risk a war with Turkey?  Besides, this is Europe's backyard...why not let them handle it?

Why risk a war with Turkey?  There is no chance of that happening as Turkey has an intercepted conversation between MBS and unelected eunuch Kushner, giving the go-ahead to arrest Khashoggi.  Imagine that.  trump will do whatever dancing Turkey tells him to do.

« Reply #2882 on: November 08, 2019, 11:09:39 am »
Senator john kennedy:

'I don’t mean any disrespect but it must suck to be that dumb'

Referring to Nancy Pelosi

lindsey graham:

"What I can tell you about the Trump policy toward Ukraine: It was incoherent, it depends on who you talk to, they seem to be incapable of forming a quid pro quo, so no I find the whole process to be a sham and I'm not going to legitimize it."

Then you have don jr. trying to unmask the whistleblower as well as rand paul:

“The whistleblower needs to come before Congress as a material witness because he worked for Joe Biden at the same time Hunter Biden was getting money from corrupt oligarchs. I say tonight to the media — do your job and print his name!”

If it seems that everyone is doing something completely ridiculous and stupid, it's probably because there is no way to defend trump. 

« Reply #2883 on: November 08, 2019, 01:27:19 pm »
The whistleblower is already known to everyone in the Beltway and has already been named by multiple media outlets. It's not illegal to reveal his identity.

The reason the Dems don't want to reveal him is that the public will take one look at him and think he's just a whiny millennial. That's why they were so public about Vindman and are keeping this guy squirreled away. I don't blame them. I mean, the guy could be the most legitimate, honest person ever but his look is just awful.

It'd be like if someone whistleblew on Obama and they were a white dude with a shaved head. They could be as right as rain but it would just be an awful look. Sometimes optics like that matter. Vindman looks the part of the responsible and dutiful soldier, so naturally he'll be the public face as opposed to the whistleblower.

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2884 on: November 08, 2019, 03:16:15 pm »
The whistleblower is already known to everyone in the Beltway and has already been named by multiple media outlets. It's not illegal to reveal his identity.
No, just anti-democratic and in bad faith. Two things you can be counted on to defend.

The reason the Dems don't want to reveal him is that the public will take one look at him and think he's just a whiny millennial. That's why they were so public about Vindman and are keeping this guy squirreled away. I don't blame them. I mean, the guy could be the most legitimate, honest person ever but his look is just awful.
No, they don't want to reveal him because some deranged Trump follower will try to blow his brasins out.  And if you don't think that's so, you just haven't been paying attention.
It'd be like if someone whistleblew on Obama and they were a white dude with a shaved head. They could be as right as rain but it would just be an awful look. Sometimes optics like that matter. Vindman looks the part of the responsible and dutiful soldier, so naturally he'll be the public face as opposed to the whistleblower.
What you have to ask yourself is why anyone cares who this person is, since virtually every single fact he blew the whistle on has been borne out over and over again by others, including first hand people under oath.

There is no person more irrelevant to this whole investigation than the whistleblower--which is why the Right keeps bringing him up.

« Reply #2885 on: November 08, 2019, 08:02:02 pm »
This is my favorite. The first thing said against the whistle blower is that " he's just a whiny millennial" although it has been shown by half to a full dozen of others to be true. No partisanship there? I thought you hated that.
Going on a witch hunt for the person is irrelevant to the information that has been found. I thought that witch hunting was bad? Guess you totally forgot about the Whistleblower protection act of 1989. oops. Then you go on to ad hominem attacks on how he looks.
Then my second favorite, deflect onto another that has nothing to do with the topic. Classic and sad really that you have to go down all those holes to make a "reasonable argument". Do you even read your posts?

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
« Reply #2886 on: November 08, 2019, 08:57:43 pm »

It is true...it is not illegal to name the whistleblower, depending on who does the naming....

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #2887 on: November 08, 2019, 09:32:08 pm »

It is true...it is not illegal to name the whistleblower, depending on who does the naming....

No, the whistleblower is awarded protections under the Wistleblower Act. This fishing expedition by Trump and his surrogates have threatened the safety of the whistleblower.

There is no depths of hell that these Trump supporters won't drop down to, to protect their Dear Leader.

• fka
  • Veteran

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2888 on: November 09, 2019, 03:07:34 pm »
So yesterday we received official confirmation that Trump did in fact misuse his charity's money, and it's also been reported that his campaign may be running fraudulent contests, for which they could be held liable in criminal and civil courts:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-campaign-scam-contests-meal-with-president-909188/

So far, the excuses I've seen mostly revolve around "biased judicial system" and "biased media". It's everyone's fault but Trump's, of course. It is absolutely amazing to me that people will debase themselves so thoroughly to defend someone who will never repay the favor.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2889 on: November 09, 2019, 10:37:53 pm »
So yesterday we received official confirmation that Trump did in fact misuse his charity's money, and it's also been reported that his campaign may be running fraudulent contests, for which they could be held liable in criminal and civil courts:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-campaign-scam-contests-meal-with-president-909188/

So far, the excuses I've seen mostly revolve around "biased judicial system" and "biased media". It's everyone's fault but Trump's, of course. It is absolutely amazing to me that people will debase themselves so thoroughly to defend someone who will never repay the favor.
It's in his blood. He's a crook.

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile.
He found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile.
He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all lived together in a little crooked house.

• Cohort 2019
  • Veteran

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90°S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #2890 on: November 10, 2019, 01:28:32 am »
But even if he's gone...who's gonna clean up after him?

Keystone Pipeline Spills 383,000 Gallons of Oil in North Dakota This Week
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9kejqe/the-keystone-oil-spill-no-ones-talking-about-will-be-nearly-impossible-to-clean-up
incumbo studiis

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• Mouseville

• fka
  • Veteran

• Seoul
« Reply #2893 on: November 10, 2019, 12:09:14 pm »
https://congress.gov/106/cdoc/tdoc16/CDOC-106tdoc16.pdf

By posting this I can only assume that you've come round to reality and dropped the "Trump was innocently pursuing a criminal matter" nonsense.

Take a look at Article 4.
The request shall be in writing... If the request is not in writing it shall be confirmed in writing in ten days...

The request shall include the following:

(a) the name of the authority conducting the investigation, prosecution or proceeding to which the request relates;

(b) a description of the nature and subject matter of the investigation, prosecution or proceeding, and the applicable provisions of law for each offense;

(c) a description of the evidence, information, or other assistance sought; and

(d) a statement of the purpose for which the evidence, information or other assistance is sought.

There are sections of Articles 3 and 5 that Trump may have violated as well. 

If you haven't changed your mind about Trump's innocence then you've scored a spectacular own goal there, NorthStar.

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• Mouseville
« Reply #2894 on: November 10, 2019, 12:30:56 pm »
https://congress.gov/106/cdoc/tdoc16/CDOC-106tdoc16.pdf

By posting this I can only assume that you've come round to reality and dropped the "Trump was innocently pursuing a criminal matter" nonsense.

Take a look at Article 4.
The request shall be in writing... If the request is not in writing it shall be confirmed in writing in ten days...

The request shall include the following:

(a) the name of the authority conducting the investigation, prosecution or proceeding to which the request relates;

(b) a description of the nature and subject matter of the investigation, prosecution or proceeding, and the applicable provisions of law for each offense;

(c) a description of the evidence, information, or other assistance sought; and

(d) a statement of the purpose for which the evidence, information or other assistance is sought.

There are sections of Articles 3 and 5 that Trump may have violated as well. 

If you haven't changed your mind about Trump's innocence then you've scored a spectacular own goal there, NorthStar.

No goal scoring....I was curious to see if anyone was going to read it.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #2895 on: November 10, 2019, 01:24:55 pm »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/11/oops-adam-schiff-accidentally-leaks-name-of-anti-trump-whistleblower-eric-ciaramella-in-bill-taylors-transcript/

Is this your latest conspiracy-theories-are-us go to website?

Just looking at their tag line "More Accurate than The New York Times, Washington Post, CNN and MSNBC for Two Years and Counting!" I see that the blog was founded in 2004 so for 13 years they were just peddling lame anti-left talking points. Just another whacky right-wing conduit for those tin hat wearing Fox News viewers.

They've got nothing on Rachel Maddow.

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• Mouseville
« Reply #2896 on: November 10, 2019, 02:23:30 pm »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/11/oops-adam-schiff-accidentally-leaks-name-of-anti-trump-whistleblower-eric-ciaramella-in-bill-taylors-transcript/

Just looking at their tag line "More Accurate than The New York Times, Washington Post, CNN and MSNBC for Two Years and Counting!" I see that the blog was founded in 2004 so for 13 years they were just peddling lame anti-left talking points. Just another whacky right-wing conduit for those tin hat wearing Fox News viewers.

They've got nothing on Rachel Maddow.

"anti-left talking points"....ohhh..sick burn sis.

• fka
  • Veteran

• Seoul
« Reply #2897 on: November 10, 2019, 03:16:46 pm »

Critics: Obama’s Latest Long-Form Birth Certificate Is a Fake …Update: More Expert Opinion
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/04/critics-obamas-latest-long-form-birth-certificate-is-a-fake/

ANTIFA Leader: “November 4th […] millions of antifa supersoldiers will behead all white parents”
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/10/antifa-leader-november-4th-millions-antifa-supersoldiers-will-behead-white-parents/

Shocking Report! Egyptian Media Says Obama is a Muslim Brotherhood Member
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/09/shocking-report-egyptian-media-says-obama-is-a-muslim-brotherhood-member/

It Begins… Communist Indoctrination Included in Common Core Literature for First Graders
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/05/it-begins-communist-indoctrination-included-in-common-core-literature-for-first-graders-video/

I could go on... They've promoted various white nationalist figures and organizations, too, which really shouldn't come as a surprise. But there you go.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 03:22:12 pm by fka »

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2898 on: November 10, 2019, 06:32:13 pm »

• Cohort 2019
  • Veteran

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90°S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #2899 on: November 10, 2019, 11:44:14 pm »
The trouble is that there probably are people out there who will actually believe such reporting to be true... and might even act on it. VICE had a report on 3 active members of the USMC actively posting on extreme right-wing online fora which called for a holy war.
incumbo studiis