Read 286089 times

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #2260 on: October 04, 2018, 07:18:38 pm »
If the NY Times can dig up, mostly by accident, the trump family's shady tad avoidance, who knows what Mueller has found or what Cohen has to say?

This is why repugs are all in on kavanaugh--to protect trump from investigation. He wasn't even one of the top 20 recommended to trump.

« Reply #2261 on: October 09, 2018, 09:54:46 pm »
Last night when I was sleeping, I had a very interesting dream. I dreamed that I was on a college
campus somewhere in the USA. There was a very lively mid-term election campaign happening on
this campus. Students were all in a festive rally supporting a Democrat candidate to be elected to
the house or representatives along with another candidate from another constituency who is also
a Democrat. There was one student who was speaking from a podium outside and from what I heard
clearly in that dream I had, she was loudly speaking out against Trump, whatever she said it got the
crowd going in a loud cheer that I was also cheering very myself with a hope that the Democrats will
take the majority of the house. I recall in that dream that I was talking to a student supporter of th
Democratic candidate, and I told her that as a Canadian I cannot vote in the US mid-term election,
but I do support this candidate as a Canadian Liberal. She did not know much about Canada but I
gave her a hint telling her that Canada is the country lead by Justin Trudeau.
This dream I had was a dream that I am hoping to come true. If the Democrats win the majority
of the house in this US mid-term election, that is the day I will look forward to seeing Donald
Trump get silenced while seated if he attempts to screw up.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #2262 on: October 10, 2018, 08:11:33 am »
Ivanka Trump as new UN ambassador?   :laugh:

She and Jared will save the world.

« Reply #2263 on: October 15, 2018, 12:36:55 am »

Only Jesus saves.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #2264 on: October 15, 2018, 09:50:59 am »
Only Jesus saves.
As does Scott Stirling (who happens to be my middle school kids' favourite athlete at the moment).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
« Reply #2265 on: October 16, 2018, 08:54:57 am »
"Does Trump owe Sen. Warren $1 million?

"Under pressure from President Trump, Elizabeth Warren finally released her DNA results, which show distant Native American ancestry....

"However, it also says her ancestor was 'likely in the range of 6-10 generations ago', which some argue could mean the difference between 1/32 and 1/1,024 Native American....

"Last July, POTUS said, 'I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test so that it shows you're an Indian.' "
https://www.yahoo.com/news/yahoo-news-explains-trump-owe-sen-warren-1-million-204627691.html

This journalist is not good at math. Six to ten generations ago means a range from 1/64 to 1/1024 Native American.

So does Trump owe her money? I don't think so. She was born in 1949. Assuming that a generation is 25 years she likely had a Native American ancestor who lived in the 1700s. That would not be enough to qualify her for membership in any Native American tribe.

She was listed as a minority professor in the Association of American Law Schools directory and the University of Pennsylvania's faculty directory.  Yet no one seems to remember her minority status as being a factor in her being hired at Harvard. This was at a time when universities were under a huge amount of pressure to diversify.

« Reply #2266 on: October 16, 2018, 10:55:55 am »
And still, there is no evidence that her ethnicity was a factor in any hiring decisions. Weren't you like really, really fixated on the importance of concrete evidence just a couple weeks ago?

For what it's worth (not much, I assume), my mom's side of the family were dustbowl migrants from Oklahoma, and I still have family there. As Elizabeth Warren has suggested, it's very common for people in that state to claim some kind of Native American ancestry, and I grew up believing that I was part Native American. It may or may not be true. I don't really care. But that part of her story checks out.

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #2267 on: October 16, 2018, 01:13:55 pm »
Trump will continue and never apologize for anything that he says. And the cult will still love him.

10 Signs You’re Probably In A [Trump] Cult:

1. The leader is the ultimate authority - True
2. The group suppresses skepticism - True, "Fake News"?
3. The group delegitimizes former members - True (Not on Team Trump then you get primaried)
4. The group is paranoid about the outside world - QAnon, anyone?
5. The group relies on shame cycles - Who has Trump not shamed?
6. The leader is above the law - A given
7. The group uses “thought reform” methods - Pretty much brainwashed by Fox News and lies about "Fake News".
8. The group is elitist - Keep that white power growing
9. There is no financial transparency - This is Trump we're talking about.
10. The group performs secret rites - Chant "Lock her up" and you get the robes.

https://medium.com/@zelphontheshelf/10-signs-youre-probably-in-a-cult-1921eb5a3857

« Reply #2268 on: October 16, 2018, 02:27:03 pm »
10. The group performs secret rites - Chant "Lock her up" and you get the robes.
Accuses people of being in a cult.

Uses made up fantasy example to prove his point.

« Reply #2269 on: October 16, 2018, 02:30:17 pm »
"Does Trump owe Sen. Warren $1 million?

"Under pressure from President Trump, Elizabeth Warren finally released her DNA results, which show distant Native American ancestry....

"However, it also says her ancestor was 'likely in the range of 6-10 generations ago', which some argue could mean the difference between 1/32 and 1/1,024 Native American....

"Last July, POTUS said, 'I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test so that it shows you're an Indian.' "
https://www.yahoo.com/news/yahoo-news-explains-trump-owe-sen-warren-1-million-204627691.html

This journalist is not good at math. Six to ten generations ago means a range from 1/64 to 1/1024 Native American.

So does Trump owe her money? I don't think so. She was born in 1949. Assuming that a generation is 25 years she likely had a Native American ancestor who lived in the 1700s. That would not be enough to qualify her for membership in any Native American tribe.

She was listed as a minority professor in the Association of American Law Schools directory and the University of Pennsylvania's faculty directory.  Yet no one seems to remember her minority status as being a factor in her being hired at Harvard. This was at a time when universities were under a huge amount of pressure to diversify.

Trump should cut her a check for 1/1024th of $1 million, to be paid in monthly installments over ten years. Her check would be $8.13. He should write it on one of those big Publishers Clearing House novelty checks.

Either that or cut $1 million to the Cherokee Nation, which disavowed Warren.

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #2270 on: October 16, 2018, 02:54:39 pm »
Accuses people of being in a cult.

Uses made up fantasy example to prove his point.

You must have days of comments saved up when Waygook was down.

« Reply #2271 on: October 17, 2018, 10:09:17 am »
I think it's stupid to look at this Khashoggi situation through the eyes of Trump and to think we have anything close to the full story.

There could more behind this than the simple murder of a dissident journalist. We're talking the web of Middle Eastern politics and power plays here.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:11:59 am by Mr.DeMartino »

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2272 on: October 17, 2018, 10:43:11 am »

Amazing insight, as always.
Well, of course.  Look, you don't get to over five thousand posts on Waygook just by inane blathering, y'know.

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #2273 on: October 17, 2018, 11:28:28 am »
I think it's stupid to look at this Khashoggi situation through the eyes of Trump and to think we have anything close to the full story.

There could more behind this than the simple murder of a dissident journalist. We're talking the web of Middle Eastern politics and power plays here.

Whoa there.  Wait wait wait.  Hold on a sec.  Just a minute.  Hang on.  So, what you're like, trying to say, like, is that, you know, politics is complicated? 

I never knew that. 

Absolutely "no collusion" by the Saudis. Khashoggi was at the consulate to discuss adoptions.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #2274 on: October 17, 2018, 11:52:44 am »

Well, of course.  Look, you don't get to over five thousand posts on Waygook just by inane blathering, y'know.
I dunno. I'm nearly there, and I can tell you from first hand experience that inane blathering will get you a heck of a long way!  :smiley:

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2275 on: October 17, 2018, 08:56:47 pm »

I'm sure his family and friends will find that very comforting. Nothing makes for a good night's sleep like a half-baked conspiracy theory.

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Banned
« Reply #2276 on: October 18, 2018, 08:56:55 am »
Uh-oh. Someone figured out that Trump's tax cuts are racist. Can you believe it?

"Under President Donald Trump's tax cuts, white Americans are the big winners, and the existing wealth gap between them and minority households will continue to grow....

"After estimating taxes under the law for white, black, Latino, and Asian households across various income brackets, the authors conclude the law will 'supercharge' existing racial disparities in wealth 'to an alarming extent.'....

" 'Households of color have less income and have less wealth than white households, in large part due to centuries of systemic racism,' says Meg Wiehe, ITEP’s deputy director and one of the report’s authors. 'So inevitably a tax cut that’s so expensive and so tilted to the top is furthering not just income inequality—it’s also furthering racial inequity in income and in wealth.'....

"The average annual tax cut received by white households, $2,020, is more than double the average cuts black and Latino families will receive. Asian families, who have the highest average income of any group, will receive the highest average tax cut, at $2,560."
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/10/trump-tax-cuts-race-racial-impact-disparity/

But somehow Asians benefit the most per capita.

« Reply #2277 on: October 18, 2018, 10:20:07 am »
Good link! A great overview of how well this anti-elite, populist surge is working out for Joe Sixpack.

Immigrants and people from less affluent backgrounds who become rich are more likely to have fortunes rooted in income from work, but the law further entrenches tax advantages favoring income from investments, and also expands tax exemptions on estates, inheritances, and gifts

Another score for the Blue-collar Billionaire!

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Banned
« Reply #2278 on: October 21, 2018, 05:35:23 am »

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #2279 on: October 21, 2018, 11:12:29 am »
President Trump really hits the nail on the head.

How can you criticize the "mob" when you incite the mob constantly at your own rallies? Trump is the Mob Boss.