Read 315094 times

• fka
  • Super Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
Re: When will Trump be impeached? -2019 Better late than never- Congratulations!
« Reply #3040 on: December 23, 2019, 01:56:27 pm »
Quid pro quo:

"White House officials requested that aid to Ukraine be held within 90 minutes of President Donald Trump's phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, according to newly obtained documents.

While the Trump administration has yet to release a single document subpoenaed by Congress during its impeachment inquiry of the president, the administration was forced to hand over a second round of communications between two government offices that helped withhold $400 million in military aid to Ukraine.

According to a rough transcript released by the White House, the July 25 call between Trump and Zelenskiy took place between 9:03 and 9:33 a.m.

At 11:04 a.m., an official with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Mike Duffey, sent an email to Deputy Secretary of Defense David Norquist, the chief of staff to Defense Secretary Mike Pompeo and the Pentagon's chief financial officer telling them to withhold the aid to Ukraine, the documents showed.

"Based on guidance I have received and in light of the Administration’s plan to review assistance to Ukraine, including the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, please hold off on any additional DoD obligations of these funds, pending direction from that process," the email from Duffey said, according to the documents.

"Given the sensitive nature of the request, I appreciate your keeping that information closely held to those who need to know to execute direction," Duffey's email stated."

Thanks to the Freedom of Information Act, trump's efforts at obstruction are being overcome, little by little.

More material evidence that Trump robbed the liquor store. But where is the guy who installed the CCTV cameras? And why is the media ignoring the rumors about the liquor store owner being a tax cheat? How many liquor store employees were anti-Trump? What about all the liquor store robberies that happened under the Obama administration - why wasn't he impeached for that? Why are the corrupt police relying on CCTV footage, eyewitness testimony, confessions and fingerprints when they should be looking at the liquor store owner's ex-wife's e-mails?

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
Re: When will Trump be impeached? -2019 Better late than never- Congratulations!
« Reply #3041 on: December 23, 2019, 09:40:15 pm »
More material evidence that Trump robbed the liquor store. But where is the guy who installed the CCTV cameras? And why is the media ignoring the rumors about the liquor store owner being a tax cheat? How many liquor store employees were anti-Trump? What about all the liquor store robberies that happened under the Obama administration - why wasn't he impeached for that? Why are the corrupt police relying on CCTV footage, eyewitness testimony, confessions and fingerprints when they should be looking at the liquor store owner's ex-wife's e-mails?

Note to DeMartino: See, this is how you make a proper analogy.

« Reply #3042 on: December 24, 2019, 07:05:16 am »

Note to DeMartino: See, this is how you make a proper analogy.

Innit?

“I never understood wind. You know, I know windmills very much. They’re noisy. They kill the birds. You want to see a bird graveyard? Go under a windmill someday. You’ll see more birds than you’ve ever seen in your life.....They’re made in China and Germany mostly.....But they’re manufactured tremendous if you’re into this, tremendous fumes. Gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right? So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything.  You talk about the carbon footprint, fumes are spewing into the air, right? Spewing. Whether it’s in China, Germany, it’s going into the air. It’s our air, their air, everything, right? You see all those [windmills]. They’re all different shades of color,” he said. “They’re like sort of white, but one is like an orange-white. It’s my favorite color, orange.

The president’s final words on the subject, before hailing himself an “an environmentalist”

Four more years of this?  Fukc off.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3043 on: January 16, 2020, 08:23:55 pm »
"Trump knew exactly what was going on,” Parnas said, adding he “wouldn't do anything without consent of Rudy Giuliani or the president.”

Maddow asked Parnas about a handwritten note made during a phone conversation with Giuliani that he turned over to House investigators that included the line: “get Zalensky [sic] to announce that the Biden case will be investigated.”

“That was always the main objective," Parnas said of Trump’s motive for pressuring Ukraine’s government.

Parnas and Fruman, who has also been indicted, were given access to Ukrainian officials that Parnas, a Florida businessman with no diplomatic credentials or official post, said he would not have received otherwise.

"Why would President Zelensky’s inner circle, or Minister Avakov, or all these people, or President Poroshenko, meet with me?” Parnas told Maddow. “Who am I? They were told to meet with me. And that’s the secret that they’re trying to keep. I was on the ground doing their work.”

Parnas also said the Trump administration’s attempts to convince Ukraine to announce an investigation of the Bidens extended to Vice President Mike Pence."

There you have it--quid quo pro QED.

« Reply #3044 on: January 17, 2020, 07:05:53 am »
Basic math with tell you Trump will not be removed from office.  After officially hearing the charges, the Senate will need a 2/3 super-majority to vote in favor of removal from office.  There are currently 53 Republican senators, 45 Democrats, and 2 Independents.  There is a 0% chance of getting 2/3 vote.

Whether you think Trump should or shouldn't be removed, there's never been any real belief from anyone with an actual understanding of how the process works that he actually would be removed.  Impeachment was and is purely political theater to give politicians "votes" to bring up when they run for re-election.  It's a big game.  If you don't realize that and are buying the shit sandwich being sold to everyone, I guess so be it.

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #3045 on: January 17, 2020, 08:19:20 am »
Basic math with tell you Trump will not be removed from office.  After officially hearing the charges, the Senate will need a 2/3 super-majority to vote in favor of removal from office.  There are currently 53 Republican senators, 45 Democrats, and 2 Independents.  There is a 0% chance of getting 2/3 vote.

Whether you think Trump should or shouldn't be removed, there's never been any real belief from anyone with an actual understanding of how the process works that he actually would be removed.  Impeachment was and is purely political theater to give politicians "votes" to bring up when they run for re-election.  It's a big game.  If you don't realize that and are buying the shit sandwich being sold to everyone, I guess so be it.

Well yes and no. It also is part of the original framing of our democracy, in which we have (had) three separate but equal parts of government. It is called checks and balances. The impeachment is a rebuke of Trump and his disastrous policies and general leadership. It is fine to still want to support Trump or even probably vote for his re-election. To completely undermine the process is to undermine our entire democracy. So although you may disagree with the impeachment it certainly is serving a purpose beyond just politician showmanship.

**Full disclosure- I didn't vote for Hillary and I am an independent. I consider both main parties corrupt.

• fka
  • Super Waygook

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3046 on: January 17, 2020, 10:54:44 am »
https://www.gao.gov/assets/710/703909.pdf

CONCLUSION
OMB violated the ICA when it withheld DOD’s USAI funds from obligation for policy
reasons.
This impoundment of budget authority was not a programmatic delay.

OMB and State have failed, as of yet, to provide the information we need to fulfill our
duties
under the ICA regarding potential impoundments of FMF funds. We will
continue to pursue this matter and will provide our decision to the Congress after we
have received the necessary information.

We consider a reluctance to provide a fulsome response to have constitutional
significance.
GAO’s role under the ICA—to provide information and legal analysis to
Congress as it performs oversight of executive activity—is essential to ensuring
respect for and allegiance to Congress’ constitutional power of the purse. All federal
officials and employees take an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution and its
core tenets, including the congressional power of the purse. We trust that State and
OMB will provide the information needed.

How do you Trumpists expect our system of checks and balances to work if there are no consequences for Presidential actions that violate the law? Virtually everyone in Trump's government admits that he broke the law, with the exception of Republican politicians - the intelligence services, the GAO and a majority of the House of Representatives. What is the correct response, then? "Trump will be Trump"? "He has a different style"?

Or are you just going to default to Obama, deep state and Soros?

« Reply #3047 on: January 17, 2020, 05:43:47 pm »
Is Trump still president over there, or what?

« Reply #3048 on: February 06, 2020, 07:43:07 am »
Womp womp.

• T_Rex
  • Veteran

• April 23, 2019, 08:10:20 am
« Reply #3049 on: February 06, 2020, 10:29:12 am »
"Today, the sham impeachment attempt concocted by Democrats ended in the full vindication and exoneration of President Donald J. Trump....  this was yet another witch-hunt that deprived the President of his due process rights and was based on a series of lies... Throughout this wholly corrupt process, President Trump successfully advanced the interests of the United States and remained focused on the issues that matter to Americans.  He spent his time achieving real victories for the people of this country, and the Democrats – once again – have nothing to show for their fraudulent schemes."
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-press-secretary-109/

« Reply #3050 on: February 06, 2020, 11:38:26 am »
"Today, the sham impeachment attempt concocted by Democrats ended in the full vindication and exoneration of President Donald J. Trump....  this was yet another witch-hunt that deprived the President of his due process rights and was based on a series of lies... Throughout this wholly corrupt process, President Trump successfully advanced the interests of the United States and remained focused on the issues that matter to Americans.  He spent his time achieving real victories for the people of this country, and the Democrats – once again – have nothing to show for their fraudulent schemes."
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-press-secretary-109/

You'd have to be high on crack or suffering from a severe concussion to think that anything in that white house statement is correct.  I don't know where to start.  It's like the fact-checkers trying to fact check the SOTU address in real-time.  Impossible.  By the time trump has finished one lie, he's already on the next one. 

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #3051 on: February 06, 2020, 01:00:32 pm »
You'd have to be high on crack or suffering from a severe concussion to think that anything in that white house statement is correct.  I don't know where to start.  It's like the fact-checkers trying to fact check the SOTU address in real-time.  Impossible.  By the time trump has finished one lie, he's already on the next one. 
Well, one part of it is correct:  "Today"

« Reply #3052 on: February 06, 2020, 01:29:07 pm »
Well, one part of it is correct:  "Today"

I stand corrected.  Please accept my apology Mr C.  'Today' is the only correct part of that paragraph of shit.   ;D

• LIC
  • Expert Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #3053 on: February 06, 2020, 01:51:36 pm »
NOT GUILTY

Trump 2020.........and it is 100% the Democrats fault.

I laugh in your general direction.

« Reply #3054 on: February 06, 2020, 02:13:15 pm »
Let's give it a rest. He won the trial.

« Reply #3055 on: February 06, 2020, 02:37:15 pm »
You'd have to be high on crack or suffering from a severe concussion to think that anything in that white house statement is correct. 

Let those salty tears flow. Also, how do you feel about UK being a sovereign country?  ;D

« Reply #3056 on: February 06, 2020, 03:05:04 pm »
Let those salty tears flow. Also, how do you feel about UK being a sovereign country?  ;D

No tears here.  Look, as part of some ongoing education for you, I'll do you a favour, I'll post this video with Paul Krugman, a Nobel prize-winning economist, talking about trump, the economy and the zombification of the republicans and you just watch it okay?  It's only five minutes 41 seconds long.  If that isn't too much trouble.  You never know, maybe you'll learn something.  Let's hope, huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndja2v3urV4

« Reply #3057 on: February 06, 2020, 03:14:50 pm »
No tears here.  Look, as part of some ongoing education for you, I'll do you a favour, I'll post this video with Paul Krugman, a Nobel prize-winning economist, talking about trump, the economy and the zombification of the republicans and you just watch it okay?  It's only five minutes 41 seconds long.  If that isn't too much trouble.  You never know, maybe you'll learn something.  Let's hope, huh?
This is the same Krugman who predicted a global recession because Trump was elected?
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/projects/cp/opinion/election-night-2016/paul-krugman-the-economic-fallout

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #3058 on: February 06, 2020, 03:21:03 pm »
God invented Economists to make Weathermen look accurate.

« Reply #3059 on: February 06, 2020, 04:04:54 pm »
This is the same Krugman who predicted a global recession because Trump was elected?
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/projects/cp/opinion/election-night-2016/paul-krugman-the-economic-fallout

*NEWSFLASH*

trump, unfortunately, is still president.  Still plenty of time for a global recession, so his prediction is still valid until he's got rid of, hopefully in November, and even then I'd be more than happy for you to have some hubris about this post.