Read 303974 times

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
Re: When will Trump be impeached? -2019 Better late than never- Congratulations!
« Reply #2960 on: November 28, 2019, 10:50:11 pm »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1199718185865535490

He's a fighter.
Bonzo bonespurs lets his lawyers do the fighting while he pays the settlements.

Re: When will Trump be impeached? -2019 Better late than never- Congratulations!
« Reply #2961 on: November 29, 2019, 07:08:48 am »
“The Taliban wants to make a deal — we’ll see if they make a deal. If they do, they do, and if they don’t they don’t. That’s fine.”

Art of the deal.  Spoken like a true decisive champ there, trump.  Seriously, the language of a winner.  You're not running away from your huge shit sandwich in the US are you by any chance? 

• fka
  • Veteran

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2962 on: November 29, 2019, 01:02:41 pm »
There are times when I almost feel sorry for the guy...

Putting aside what is almost certainly a clinical narcissism disorder, I think that the one area where he is probably full of genuine and sincere self-belief is his "deal-making" abilities. He simply hasn't moved on from the 1980s, and thinks that inviting someone to your penthouse or wood-paneled boardroom and showering them with BS braggadocio, or spinning them around in a golf cart while flashing your Rolex, is sufficient to impress them into some kind of consequential handshake. His language is permanently stuck somewhere between James Franco's "Look at all my shit" monologue from Spring Breakers and Patrick Bateman rattling off meaningless details in American Psycho. This might still work with corrupt oligarchs in Azerbaijan, or when you're enlisting some sleazy lawyer to help you beat another fraud change, but he acts as if the rest of the world doesn't know anything about him, and will become magically intoxicated by the scent of his cologne.

Like I said, this is almost enough to make me pity the guy. Then I remember stuff like the Muslim ban, the birtherism nonsense, or spreading lies about Ilhan Omar marrying her brother, and the sympathy ends right there.

« Reply #2963 on: December 05, 2019, 06:54:10 am »
There are times when I almost feel sorry for the guy...

When boris johnson is slamming you, you're are completely knackered. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6RLdWrg5hk

And then his nonsensical bollocks after that. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOXXoyoVSmw

The world is laughing at you America  :laugh:

« Reply #2964 on: December 06, 2019, 07:00:20 am »
Think this article sums up Trump and his little jaunts and meetings with 'proper' politicians.

Donald Trump is living that hellacious dream every time he steps in front of the women and men who make up the world’s leaders.

Stripped of his usual protections inside the White House, Trump exposes himself on the world stage at every conceivable opportunity. This week’s Nato summit in London was no exception, adding itself to the long list of denuded nonsense that erupts in front of every international figure.

First he attempted to joke with President Emmanuel Macron of France about Isis. “Would you like some nice Isis fighters? I can give them to you. You can take everyone you can,” said the man pretending to be the leader of the free world.

“Let’s be serious,” said Macron, dispensing with a translator as he shut down the clown show. “The very large number of fighters you have on the ground are Isis fighters coming from Syria, from Iraq, and the region.”

Was it the head-wrenching answer a few minutes after his comments on Isis fighters, when Trump was asked if he supported the protesters in Iran?

“I don’t want to comment on that. But the answer is no. But I don’t want to comment on that,” said Trump, contradicting himself twice in the space of just 20 words.

Then again, maybe Trudeau was talking about the way Trump explained how he betrayed his Kurdish allies in Syria by pretending that “we’ve captured the oil and taken the oil”.

Or maybe he was talking about the way Trump explained at a Nato summit that he understood why Turkey was buying Russian missiles.

“So, you know, there are two sides to the story,” claimed the president who consistently prefers the Russian side of the story.

“Well he’s two-faced,” he said. “And honestly with Trudeau, he’s a nice guy. I find him to be a very nice guy. But you know the truth is that I called him out on the fact that he’s not paying 2%. And I guess he’s not very happy about it.”

Trump once again heaped praise on himself for carving up the Kurds, in alliance with the Russians, Syrians and Turks. “Maybe someday they’ll give me credit, but probably not,” he whined. “But that worked out well. They’ve been trying to do this for a hundred years. That border is a mess for a long time.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/05/whats-it-like-to-stand-stark-naked-on-the-world-stage-ask-donald-trump

I get it that trumpists love his non-politician style, but it's so embarrassing when he meets with eloquent, diplomatic  world leaders in situations like this.  The takedown from Macron was excellent, and in his second language too.  All trump could come back with was 'that was the best non-answer I've ever heard' after he'd sat there looking clearly uncomfortable and like a child with his head down, clearly forgetting that trump's word salads are all non-answers.  That is why everyone is laughing at you dickhead.

“We need a President who isn’t a laughing stock to the entire World,” Trump tweeted two years before he became just that. “We need a truly great leader, a genius at strategy and winning. Respect!”

:undecided:

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #2965 on: December 06, 2019, 12:51:11 pm »
Think this article sums up Trump and his little jaunts and meetings with 'proper' politicians.

Donald Trump is living that hellacious dream every time he steps in front of the women and men who make up the world’s leaders.

Stripped of his usual protections inside the White House, Trump exposes himself on the world stage at every conceivable opportunity. This week’s Nato summit in London was no exception, adding itself to the long list of denuded nonsense that erupts in front of every international figure.

First he attempted to joke with President Emmanuel Macron of France about Isis. “Would you like some nice Isis fighters? I can give them to you. You can take everyone you can,” said the man pretending to be the leader of the free world.

“Let’s be serious,” said Macron, dispensing with a translator as he shut down the clown show. “The very large number of fighters you have on the ground are Isis fighters coming from Syria, from Iraq, and the region.”

Was it the head-wrenching answer a few minutes after his comments on Isis fighters, when Trump was asked if he supported the protesters in Iran?

“I don’t want to comment on that. But the answer is no. But I don’t want to comment on that,” said Trump, contradicting himself twice in the space of just 20 words.

Then again, maybe Trudeau was talking about the way Trump explained how he betrayed his Kurdish allies in Syria by pretending that “we’ve captured the oil and taken the oil”.

Or maybe he was talking about the way Trump explained at a Nato summit that he understood why Turkey was buying Russian missiles.

“So, you know, there are two sides to the story,” claimed the president who consistently prefers the Russian side of the story.

“Well he’s two-faced,” he said. “And honestly with Trudeau, he’s a nice guy. I find him to be a very nice guy. But you know the truth is that I called him out on the fact that he’s not paying 2%. And I guess he’s not very happy about it.”

Trump once again heaped praise on himself for carving up the Kurds, in alliance with the Russians, Syrians and Turks. “Maybe someday they’ll give me credit, but probably not,” he whined. “But that worked out well. They’ve been trying to do this for a hundred years. That border is a mess for a long time.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/05/whats-it-like-to-stand-stark-naked-on-the-world-stage-ask-donald-trump

I get it that trumpists love his non-politician style, but it's so embarrassing when he meets with eloquent, diplomatic  world leaders in situations like this.  The takedown from Macron was excellent, and in his second language too.  All trump could come back with was 'that was the best non-answer I've ever heard' after he'd sat there looking clearly uncomfortable and like a child with his head down, clearly forgetting that trump's word salads are all non-answers.  That is why everyone is laughing at you dickhead.

“We need a President who isn’t a laughing stock to the entire World,” Trump tweeted two years before he became just that. “We need a truly great leader, a genius at strategy and winning. Respect!”

Buahaha at "eloquent diplomatic world leaders"  They just got caught  gossiping about another world leader behind their back.  Regardless of whether it's justified I guarandamntee they are just as embarrassed about this as Trump is butthurt.  Especially if Trump is the raging narcissist everyone in this thread thinks he is.  Prepare for bedlam...doesn't seem like something to laugh about at all.  Nobody comes away from this looking like the queen, that's for sure.  They literally showed they are just like Trump....

« Reply #2966 on: December 06, 2019, 01:20:11 pm »
Just want to point out that the last world leader to mock Trump at a gala affair ended up having his job taken by Trump and a good chunk of his legacy destroyed by the man.

« Reply #2967 on: December 06, 2019, 01:36:41 pm »
Buahaha at "eloquent diplomatic world leaders"  They just got caught  gossiping about another world leader behind their back.  Regardless of whether it's justified I guarandamntee they are just as embarrassed about this as Trump is butthurt.  Especially if Trump is the raging narcissist everyone in this thread thinks he is.  Prepare for bedlam...doesn't seem like something to laugh about at all.  Nobody comes away from this looking like the queen, that's for sure.  They literally showed they are just like Trump....

'Just like trump'?  Erm, no.  Nobody is 'just like trump'.  Nobody.  Trudeau talking about him being late, and trump's team jaws dropping is really not that bad.  I doubt there'll be embarrassment.  The fact they were talking about trump like that is purely factual.  He was late (something he's really good at) for a press conference, and one can only imagine the look on trumps teams faces when he says anything.  Look at it from trump's shit-talking.  Calls Macron's statement about NATO's 'brain death' 'nasty', which is his go-to slur, usually women.  But Macron wasn't talking about NATO, he was talking about not being able to rely on trump's america.  You know what?  trump has been trashing NATO for three years, and Macron's comment used toddler level reverse psychology on trump and it worked.   Job done. 

Also to add to this, I bet the majority of Americans would kill to have Trudeau, Macron or Merkel as their president. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 01:52:48 pm by Ronnie Omelettes »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #2968 on: December 06, 2019, 09:30:02 pm »

Wrong. Trudeau stood by his comments when asked about them. There's no reason to be embarrassed about speaking the truth.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #2969 on: December 06, 2019, 09:32:56 pm »
Just want to point out that the last world leader to mock Trump at a gala affair ended up having his job taken by Trump and a good chunk of his legacy destroyed by the man.
At this point in time, dishonest don is barely hanging on to his job, much less taking anyone else's. And of course he didn't take the job from Obama.

As for legacy, impeachment and corruption don't add up to much.

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #2970 on: December 07, 2019, 10:46:43 am »
At this point in time, dishonest don is barely hanging on to his job, much less taking anyone else's. And of course he didn't take the job from Obama.

Trump's mental ability will only worsen from here to the election. Dementia or Alzheimer's looks to be kicking in.

« Reply #2971 on: December 10, 2019, 07:06:23 am »

Trump's mental ability will only worsen from here to the election. Dementia or Alzheimer's looks to be kicking in.

Already going on. 

Trump fired off more than 100 tweets and retweets on Sunday, stretching late into the night, with most of them focused on impeachment. Shortly after midnight, he shared a 30-second video produced by his reelection campaign in which a string of supporters deride the Democratic-led inquiry as “a scam,” “a bunch of bull,” “a joke,” “a partisan witch hunt” and “a waste of time and tax dollars.”

Definitely the behaviour of an innocent man.   :undecided:

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2972 on: December 10, 2019, 08:45:39 am »
“People abusing or addicted to meth will exhibit a variety of behavioral and physical symptoms. Some of the most common signs of meth use include:

Hyperactivity
Twitching, facial tics, jerky movements
Paranoia
Dilated pupils
Noticeable and sudden weight loss
Skin sores
Rapid eye movement
Reduced appetite
Agitation
Burns, particularly on the lips or fingers
Erratic sleeping patterns
Rotting teeth
Outbursts or mood swings
Extreme weight loss
Another telling symptom of meth use is “tweaking” – a period of anxiety and insomnia that can last for 3 to 15 days. Tweaking occurs at the end of a drug binge when a person using meth can’t achieve a rush or high any longer. Tweaking can cause psychological side effects, such as paranoia, irritability, and confusion due to the desperation to use again. Tweaking from meth can also cause people to experience hallucinations and become prone to violent behavior.”

« Reply #2973 on: December 10, 2019, 12:17:30 pm »

Trump fired off more than 100 tweets and retweets on Sunday, stretching late into the night, with most of them focused on impeachment. Shortly after midnight, he shared a 30-second video produced by his reelection campaign in which a string of supporters deride the Democratic-led inquiry as “a scam,” “a bunch of bull,” “a joke,” “a partisan witch hunt” and “a waste of time and tax dollars.”

Actually, it kind of is.

There's a rule for people arrested- Leave em alone. A guilty man will take a nap. An innocent one will be banging on the walls screaming.

It's not 100% true, but in general, those who are accused of something they didn't do, do tend to get rather emotional and combative and defensive. Now of course, some people who are guilty do the same show, just for show, so this is a "chances are about 60%" kind of thing. Also, while protesting MIGHT not be indicative, indifference is almost always a tell of guilt.  So this isn't perfect, but if you had to bet one way or the other....

• hangook77
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #2974 on: December 10, 2019, 02:30:50 pm »
Trump will kick their lying asses in the Senate trial when real witnesses can be called.    It will all come to nothing.  The far left radicals are strategically dumb as they are driving sympathy for trump and with their extremism will get Trump re elected in 2020.  They're just pissed of that Trump's been using the tactics they used for years back against them.  Saul Alinsky must be turning over in his grave now. 

« Reply #2975 on: December 10, 2019, 02:33:36 pm »

Actually, it kind of is.

There's a rule for people arrested- Leave em alone. A guilty man will take a nap. An innocent one will be banging on the walls screaming.

It's not 100% true, but in general, those who are accused of something they didn't do, do tend to get rather emotional and combative and defensive. Now of course, some people who are guilty do the same show, just for show, so this is a "chances are about 60%" kind of thing. Also, while protesting MIGHT not be indicative, indifference is almost always a tell of guilt.  So this isn't perfect, but if you had to bet one way or the other....

unless you're indifferent because you know there's a 0 percent chance you can be proved guilty. anyway it seems pretty dumb to try and use his behavior as evidence of his innocence (or guilt)

« Reply #2976 on: December 10, 2019, 03:47:19 pm »
unless you're indifferent because you know there's a 0 percent chance you can be proved guilty. anyway it seems pretty dumb to try and use his behavior as evidence of his innocence (or guilt)
Actually, if you're arrested/brought into custody there's already a non-zero chance that you can be proved guilty, but otherwise, you're right.

The second you are "invited" into a cop shop, anything can happen.

« Reply #2977 on: December 10, 2019, 07:14:20 pm »
The second you are "invited" into a cop shop, anything can happen.

If every single person watched this I don't think there'd be such a prison industrial complex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #2978 on: December 10, 2019, 07:27:27 pm »

Actually, it kind of is.

It doesn't hold true for someone who is an adherent of the big lie method of propaganda, which dishonest don is.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #2979 on: December 10, 2019, 07:31:24 pm »
Trump will kick their lying asses in the Senate trial when real witnesses can be called.    It will all come to nothing.  The far left radicals are strategically dumb as they are driving sympathy for trump and with their extremism will get Trump re elected in 2020.  They're just pissed of that Trump's been using the tactics they used for years back against them.  Saul Alinsky must be turning over in his grave now. 
Real witnesses--you mean the kind that lie?

Sympathy? Well, we've seen that the far right are great at crying when called to account.

Lying as a tactic is used by every child in the world. You don't need a strategy for it.