Read 276704 times

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
    • Mouseville
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #2820 on: October 12, 2019, 07:00:05 pm »
https://www.palmerreport.com/politics/scam-site-media-bias-fact-check-caught-cribbing-its-ratings-from-wikipedia/2342/

Scam site “Media Bias Fact Check” caught cribbing its ratings from Wikipedia

The public’s paranoia toward “fake news” over the past year has opened the door for a different kind of scam artistry: websites that try to get ahead by tricking the public into believing that real news outlets are fake. One of the most notorious scams has come in the form of a site called Media Bias Fact Check, which offers no information of the sort, and instead offers amateurish “ratings” of various news outlets. These ratings are inaccurate, useless, and changed at random. Even worse, in at least some instances, its “ratings” are simply based on information it’s cribbed from Wikipedia.

The “Media Bias Fact Check” scam is built around the premise of convincing gullible internet users that various respected news outlets are compromised because they’re “biased” in way or another. This allows its victims to believe they know something that others don’t know, and causes them to comment with links to these phony ratings in reply to articles posted from the news outlets in question. But the Media Bias Fact Check ratings often read like a fifth grader’s unfinished homework assignment or worse. For instance here’s the entirety of the “rating” for popular magazine Cosmopolitan:

“Cosmopolitan is an international fashion magazine for women and has a circulation of over 3 million. (Wikipedia) Cosmo’s primary focus is on fashion, sex and relationship tips, but they also cover politics. Cosmo has a strong left wing bias in reporting and story selection. Though biased, Cosmo usually publishes sourced information.”

hat’s it. That’s the entire “rating” provided by Media Bias Fact Check. The person who wrote this rating has clearly never so much as looked at Cosmopolitan, and has included no examples to support the “Left Bias” rating that it’s randomly assigned to the magazine. And stunningly, coming up with the above entirely useless four-sentence rating required cribbing at least one of those sentences from Wikipedia of all places. Even students get flunked for using Wikipedia as a source. Other “ratings” on this scam site are even more amateurish.

But with a scam site like this, the details don’t matter. By putting the words “Fact Check” in its name, and then assigning negative ratings to news outlets, Media Bias Fact Check is creating the phony appearance that these negative ratings are based on a lack of factual accuracy. The site is counting on gullible people not fully grasping the difference between accuracy and bias, and it’s certainly counting on its victims never bothering to read the pitiful explanations provided for the ratings it assigns, or seeing the part where it admits the site in question is factually accurate. In that sense, falling for scam sites like “Media Bias Fact Check” is no different than falling for fake news. We’re working with our contacts at the major social media networks to get these fraudulent “rating” sites banned before they do any more harm.

• L I
  • The Legend

• October 03, 2011, 01:50:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2821 on: October 12, 2019, 07:52:58 pm »

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• Mouseville
« Reply #2822 on: October 12, 2019, 08:24:07 pm »
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/palmer-report/

..round and round it goes, eh?

If you had been paying attention, you would have noticed that the Palmer Review is not exactly a fan of President Trump....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:44:15 pm by NorthStar »

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• Mouseville
« Reply #2824 on: October 12, 2019, 09:44:51 pm »

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #2825 on: October 12, 2019, 10:49:47 pm »
https://canadafreepress.com/article/trump-did-not-betray-the-kurds

Canadians wishing they were Trumpicans.

That's a blanket statement.

Do you care to refute the article?

Yes, it's full of crap from a website whose aim it to defend American Foreign Policy.

Oh look they blamed Obama for everything.

Trump avoided war with Turkey and yet nothing said about the Trump Towers in Istanbul. Trump will defend his interests first before the security of America.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 10:54:21 pm by Savant »

• fka
  • Veteran

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2826 on: October 12, 2019, 11:06:59 pm »
NorthStar, just curious... Do you think this is consistent with Trump's message about the Biden family and nepotism / corruption?

Mr. Trump’s daughter Ivanka has also retained a stake in the family business even as she serves as a White House adviser, and last year she received trademarks in China related to her separate fashion ventures. Her husband, Jared Kushner, a senior adviser to the president, maintains a stake in his own family’s real estate business, which has received and sought funding from international sources as well.

In 2017, Mr. Kushner met privately at the White House with top executives from Citibank and the private equity firm Apollo Global Management. Those meetings came as the firms were contemplating sizable loans to his family’s business, Kushner Companies, which they did eventually make.

And since Mr. Kushner entered the White House, his family has courted state-connected investors in China and the Middle East — both regions that were in Mr. Kushner’s government portfolio — to bail out the firm’s headquarters at 666 Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/11/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-eric-trump-business.html?action=click

And, since nobody would answer a similar question earlier, I'll pose a modified version... Do you think Trump developed his interest in fighting corruption before or after The Donald J. Trump Foundation made a $25, 000 donation to the re-election campaign of Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, who was considering joining a New York lawsuit against the fraudulent Trump University?

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• Mouseville
« Reply #2827 on: October 13, 2019, 11:39:22 am »
NorthStar, just curious... Do you think this is consistent with Trump's message about the Biden family and nepotism / corruption?

Mr. Trump’s daughter Ivanka has also retained a stake in the family business even as she serves as a White House adviser, and last year she received trademarks in China related to her separate fashion ventures. Her husband, Jared Kushner, a senior adviser to the president, maintains a stake in his own family’s real estate business, which has received and sought funding from international sources as well.

In 2017, Mr. Kushner met privately at the White House with top executives from Citibank and the private equity firm Apollo Global Management. Those meetings came as the firms were contemplating sizable loans to his family’s business, Kushner Companies, which they did eventually make.

And since Mr. Kushner entered the White House, his family has courted state-connected investors in China and the Middle East — both regions that were in Mr. Kushner’s government portfolio — to bail out the firm’s headquarters at 666 Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/11/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-eric-trump-business.html?action=click

And, since nobody would answer a similar question earlier, I'll pose a modified version... Do you think Trump developed his interest in fighting corruption before or after The Donald J. Trump Foundation made a $25, 000 donation to the re-election campaign of Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, who was considering joining a New York lawsuit against the fraudulent Trump University?

Not sure...I'll have to do some research.

Round and round it all goes...

• fka
  • Veteran

• Seoul
« Reply #2828 on: October 13, 2019, 03:07:22 pm »
I went to the pound to get a dog and was attracted to a bull terrier. They told me that he had all kinds of behavioral problems: he peed everywhere, he humped the leg of everyone he met, and he had a tendency to bite at random. I took him home anyway, and lo and behold, he peed all over my apartment, constantly thrust at my leg and bit me several times. I took him over to a neighbor's, unannounced, and he peed on my neighbor's floor, humped his leg, then violently bit his hand. The thing is, I'd told my neighbor that the dog had behavioral problems. I can't believe he's trying to blame me and the dog for what happened. Some people just have no idea how to act around animals.

• NorthStar
  • Expert Waygook

• Mouseville
« Reply #2829 on: October 13, 2019, 07:45:18 pm »
I went to the pound to get a dog and was attracted to a bull terrier. They told me that he had all kinds of behavioral problems: he peed everywhere, he humped the leg of everyone he met, and he had a tendency to bite at random. I took him home anyway, and lo and behold, he peed all over my apartment, constantly thrust at my leg and bit me several times. I took him over to a neighbor's, unannounced, and he peed on my neighbor's floor, humped his leg, then violently bit his hand. The thing is, I'd told my neighbor that the dog had behavioral problems. I can't believe he's trying to blame me and the dog for what happened. Some people just have no idea how to act around animals.

...interesting perspective.

« Reply #2830 on: October 15, 2019, 07:13:15 am »
Indeed, given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020 that there will never be a peaceful transition of power...

Michael Cohen

I get the feeling now with trump that he knows he's a-gonna, and that the 2020 election is also gone no matter how much he makes up about his popularity.  Even if he makes it that far which is unlikely.  But the Syria thing makes me think that he really doesn't give a fukc about the area so he's creating a massive heap of shit that the next president will have to try and fix.  Without allies and without help.  The ISIS problem was getting fixed and he's just messing it up on purpose.  I believe he is that petty and vindictive, that is why Cohen's quote seems to resonate. 

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2831 on: October 15, 2019, 07:41:06 am »
Indeed, given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020 that there will never be a peaceful transition of power...

Michael Cohen

I get the feeling now with trump that he knows he's a-gonna, and that the 2020 election is also gone no matter how much he makes up about his popularity.  Even if he makes it that far which is unlikely.  But the Syria thing makes me think that he really doesn't give a fukc about the area so he's creating a massive heap of shit that the next president will have to try and fix.  Without allies and without help.  The ISIS problem was getting fixed and he's just messing it up on purpose.  I believe he is that petty and vindictive, that is why Cohen's quote seems to resonate. 

Perhaps this is the quid pro quo for the Russian interference in 2016.

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #2832 on: October 16, 2019, 01:59:49 am »
To the conspiracy theorists among us, I ask whether John Bolton is also an operative for the 'deep state' ? :laugh:

John Bolton decried Giuliani effort to pressure Ukraine as 'drug deal,' ex-aide Fiona Hill testifies, reports say

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/15/john-bolton-decried-ukraine-drug-deal/3983310002/

« Reply #2833 on: October 16, 2019, 06:25:14 am »
To the conspiracy theorists among us, I ask whether John Bolton is also an operative for the 'deep state' ? :laugh:

It's weird, it's almost as if trump 'firing' Bolton when Bolton had offered his resignation the previous day, would come back to bite trump in his stupid big ass.   :laugh:

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2834 on: October 16, 2019, 06:54:59 am »
By giving a pass to the gun lobby whenever actual shootings occur and encouraging police to be rougher with their suspects; by putting migrant children and their parents in pestilent concentration camps rife with abuse and creating circumstances that makes it more likely that others die while trying to crossthe border; by turning his back on foreign allies in war theaters and encouraging ISIS to metastasize once again, as he has done now in Syria — Trump exhibits and fosters a culture a neglect for human life that is unheard of from a United States leader since Ronald Reagan allowed the crack and AIDS epidemics to explode.

Life is cheap in China, I mean the US.

• fka
  • Veteran

• Seoul
« Reply #2835 on: October 16, 2019, 08:59:03 am »
Looks like the Republican strategy will be to discredit the impeachment inquiry on procedural grounds and keep pushing their bias accusations. None of these seem to be holding up against the rising tide of testimony from state department officials, though. Kurt Volker's statement is well worth a read in full:

https://www.scribd.com/document/428765582/Full-Statement-from-U-S-Ukraine-Envoy-Ambassador-Kurt-Volker-on-October-3-2019

The essence is that genuine efforts to address corruption and settle terms of military aid in the Ukraine were derailed by Giuliani and his goon squad. They picked up on the debunked John Solomon stories that NorthStar still thinks are credible and ran away with the theory, getting Trump intoxicated on it in the process. Despite some successful efforts to prevent Ukranian officials from making any public statements that would give the impression of election interference, nobody could act as a brake on Trump's reckless self-interest  and Giuliani's crackpot scheming.

This version of events appears to be supported by the other testimonies, with an added frisson provided by Igor and Lev's illegal money funneling.

Game over.

PS - Here's some background on the John Solomon stories. He is, inevitably, now a paid Fox News contributor.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/leaked-memo-colleagues-unload-on-john-solomon-the-reporter-who-kicked-off-trumps-ukraine-conspiracy

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #2836 on: October 18, 2019, 04:19:45 am »
Pelosi owns trump:

Body language expert Patti Wood, author of Snap: Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language & Charisma, says several things stood out to her in the photo — starting with Pelosi's raised eyebrows.

"Combined with her wide opened eyes, the raised eyebrows are a bid for attention and to show emphasis that what she’s saying is clear and important," Wood tells InStyle. "Notice the way she is standing up straight and tall, with only the barest hint of an upper body lean-in. This shows those seated that she is in charge and has power and dominance. She is standing up straight, showing she feels confident in what she says."

Another thing that stood out to Wood was Trump's stature in the photo, which she says was notable to her because he is positioned further back than all the other men on his side of the table.

"Trump is pulled back in retreat," she notes. "You can see his upper torso turned away from her to his left as if he wants to leave. His brows are furrowed together and mouth open in puzzlement."

Also of note? Pelosi's pointed finger, which Wood sees as an action of accusation.

She also observed that the men to Trump's right seemed to be "bent over, bowed down; heads down in shame."

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #2837 on: October 18, 2019, 09:40:53 am »
Hahaha Mick Mulvaney getting agitated and bluntly stating that Trump's Ukraine call was a Quid Pro Quo.

Good ol' Rudy on the way to getting thrown under the bus.

Mike Pompeo about to be subpoenaed.

Rick Perry trying to resign.

And Trump pissing off a lot of Republicans for ditching the Kurds.

What a joke of a White House.

« Reply #2838 on: October 18, 2019, 10:05:06 am »
Hahaha Mick Mulvaney getting agitated and bluntly stating that Trump's Ukraine call was a Quid Pro Quo.

Good ol' Rudy on the way to getting thrown under the bus.

Mike Pompeo about to be subpoenaed.

Rick Perry trying to resign.

And Trump pissing off a lot of Republicans for ditching the Kurds.

What a joke of a White House.

Serious popcorn moments every day.  You also forgot trump's letter to Erdogan.  Also, trump awarding the G-7 summit to one of his grimey hotels.  His disgraceful sons spouting off about how crooked Hunter Biden is because he used his dad's name to get business.  trump saying the 'Kurds are no angels'.  His tweet about the sad passing of Elijah Cummings that you know he didn't write.  trump telling the parents of a teenager killed by a US intelligence Official's wife, that the person who killed their son 'was next door'. 

That was all this week...  I probably missed some other stuff...

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #2839 on: October 19, 2019, 02:20:35 am »
Another "great" deal"

A Turkish airstrike has reportedly killed five civilians hours after President Donald Trump hailed a ceasefire agreement negotiated by his vice president, Mike Pence. The deal, which Trump declared would save “millions of lives,” was supposed to help the Kurds, who fought ISIS alongside U.S. forces. Instead, the U.S. appears to have given Turkey an opening to advance on the Kurdish forces, which they appear to have done despite promises to the U.S. and without regard for civilian lives.