Read 261276 times

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #2480 on: December 27, 2018, 03:02:53 pm »
Trump gets criticized no matter what he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLBKHQkrgWw

Haters gonna hate.

« Reply #2481 on: December 27, 2018, 03:10:49 pm »
Trump gets criticized no matter what he does.

Haters gonna hate.

You could say this about almost any world leader. Shit, you could say this about almost any famous person.

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2482 on: December 27, 2018, 03:25:29 pm »

ISIS was at near total defeat back in May.
http://studies.aljazeera.net/en/reports/2018/05/100-percent-defeat-isis-ideology-180508042421376.html

Always take Pentagon estimates with a grain of salt. When they're fighting a war, they puff up casualty counts and reduced enemy strength. When it comes to pullouts or deployments, they always inflate the numbers to justify action and getting more men and resources. Duh. Anyone with a clue about how governments and the military work when it comes to budgets and estimates would know to take those numbers with a grain of salt.
Jesus, I am so sick of your shit!  Stop telling me I don't have a clue!

I know perfectly well you have to take Pentagon/government esitimates with a grain of salt. 

What I know, and you obviously don't, is that while 15,000 ISIS may be an over-estimate, "ISIS is defeated" is a flat-out LIE.

Of course, you know all about lies, right?

• Shreya_pandey
  • Waygookin

• December 29, 2017, 07:14:13 pm
    • USA
    more
« Reply #2483 on: December 27, 2018, 03:45:09 pm »
This thread has been going on for so long! I guess everyone is waiting for Trump to get impeached. Then there are his supporters, too. Who just can't comprehend arguments even when they are being proven wrong.
A home cook & food entrepreneur. Likes to experiment with food over health and nutrition concerns. Health Freak. Love to interact with people about everything. Open to all the new technologies, trends and lifestyle hacks going around the world.

« Reply #2484 on: December 27, 2018, 09:20:03 pm »
I think this thread can be closed.  There is an obvious answer to the question of "When will Trump be impeached?"  The answer is, he won't.  Period.  Love him or hate him, he's not going to be impeached.  This thread has died many, many times with no posts for days or weeks.  Then some Troll decides to top-post bump it with some partisan hackery.  Stop.  Just stop.  The boring drivel of the back-and-forth "debate" is so painful to read.  I'm right and you're an idiot.  No, I'm right and you're just brainwashed.  On and on and on.  STOP.

• Mr C
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 17, 2012, 03:00:40 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2485 on: December 27, 2018, 10:09:41 pm »
I think this thread can be closed.  There is an obvious answer to the question of "When will Trump be impeached?"  The answer is, he won't.  Period.  Love him or hate him, he's not going to be impeached.  This thread has died many, many times with no posts for days or weeks.  Then some Troll decides to top-post bump it with some partisan hackery.  Stop.  Just stop.  The boring drivel of the back-and-forth "debate" is so painful to read.  I'm right and you're an idiot.  No, I'm right and you're just brainwashed.  On and on and on.  STOP.
Um, don't read it.

« Reply #2486 on: December 28, 2018, 07:25:05 am »
This thread has been going on for so long! I guess everyone is waiting for Trump to get impeached. Then there are his supporters, too. Who just can't comprehend arguments even when they are being proven wrong.

The topic of this post was "When will Trump be impeached?"

People have been wrong with their answers, but it's not Trump supporters.

Since you're new to the debate, may I ask what in particular you cite as Trump's worst act and also what big point of debate the supporters were failing to comprehend?

« Reply #2487 on: December 28, 2018, 07:34:51 am »

The topic of this post was "When will Trump be impeached?"

People have been wrong with their answers, but it's not Trump supporters.

Since you're new to the debate, may I ask what in particular you cite as Trump's worst act and also what big point of debate the supporters were failing to comprehend?

dude... you are such a trump stan that you're fishing for an argument topic. this is some low level bait to a new person. we all know that no matter what this person responds with, you're going to disagree OR show that it's something that other politicians do all the time. what's your end game here? im genuinely curious. are you just here to enlighten the politically uneducated masses of waygook.org or what?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 07:39:35 am by tylerthegloob »

« Reply #2488 on: December 28, 2018, 07:40:37 am »
Jesus, I am so sick of your shit!  Stop telling me I don't have a clue!

I know perfectly well you have to take Pentagon/government esitimates with a grain of salt. 

What I know, and you obviously don't, is that while 15,000 ISIS may be an over-estimate, "ISIS is defeated" is a flat-out LIE.

Of course, you know all about lies, right?
Dude, when you say things like "I think I hnderstand what's going on in the Middle East because I read a Tom Friedman op-ed", what other word than clueless is there?

ISIS IS defeated in the sense that the Caliphate no longer exists to any significant degree and that no major settlement is under their control.

Having a different interpretation of "defeat" is NOT a lie. By rushing to declare everything a lie, you diminish the term.

Did we defeat Communism? Most people would say yes. But some people would say "Well there is still China, North Korea, Cuba, various other Latin American regimes that crop up, etc." Same with ISIS.

Mr. C stop calling everything you disagree with a lie. Calm down and consider an alternative way of looking at things. And stop labeling differences of interpretation or mistakes or errors or comedic exaggeration as LIES!!!!

« Reply #2489 on: December 28, 2018, 07:58:38 am »
dude... you are such a trump stan that you're fishing for an argument topic. this is some low level bait to a new person. we all know that no matter what this person responds with, you're going to disagree OR show that it's something that other politicians do all the time. what's your end game here? im genuinely curious. are you just here to enlighten the politically uneducated masses of waygook.org or what?
I'm not so much a fan of Trump (I mean unlike othèr supporters here, I openly acknowledge his conman nature), as I am someone who

1)Thinks SJWs are the worst and have caused the Dems to become paralyzed at best, unhinged at worst
2)Thinks Trump's critics either go overboard or are just reflexive critics, and other sorts of Trump Derangment Syndrome.
3)Thinks Trump's conman techniques are rather obvious yet people here constantly fall for them.

Take for example the misspellings. Classic attention getter technique used in branding and billboards everywhere. Most of Trump's critics think "He's stupid!!!". You do know it's a way for him to manipulate the news cycle, right?

Or like the people who blindly regurgitate the Russian facebook ad crap. Anyone with half a brain can tell that isn't what affected things when one candidate was caught on camera collapsing and being thrown in a van at Ground Zero.

Anyways, I love an argument but it's partially educational. Learn his tricks and stop underestimating him!

« Reply #2490 on: December 28, 2018, 09:30:51 am »
I'm not so much a fan of Trump (I mean unlike othèr supporters here, I openly acknowledge his conman nature), as I am someone who

1)Thinks SJWs are the worst and have caused the Dems to become paralyzed at best, unhinged at worst
2)Thinks Trump's critics either go overboard or are just reflexive critics, and other sorts of Trump Derangment Syndrome.
3)Thinks Trump's conman techniques are rather obvious yet people here constantly fall for them.

Take for example the misspellings. Classic attention getter technique used in branding and billboards everywhere. Most of Trump's critics think "He's stupid!!!". You do know it's a way for him to manipulate the news cycle, right?

Or like the people who blindly regurgitate the Russian facebook ad crap. Anyone with half a brain can tell that isn't what affected things when one candidate was caught on camera collapsing and being thrown in a van at Ground Zero.

Anyways, I love an argument but it's partially educational. Learn his tricks and stop underestimating him!

I think anti-SJWs are the worst. There are people on the left side that start unnecessary arguments, but there are far more on the right who fan the flames (in my experience). On a daily basis, I see so much more reactionary stuff about liberals ruining Christmas (or some other asinine thing) than I see actual liberals advocating for that stuff (across social media and in real life interactions). For example, the vast majority of my friends on Facebook are fairly liberal or VERY liberal. I mean, you and many others would call these people radical leftists. However, the people who post the most about random nonsense are the conservatives I'm friends with. I think this site mirrors my experience on Facebook... Anyway, that's all beside the point...

You, in particular, spend much more time and energy on this site defending (or at least excusing) Trump than you do criticizing him. I get that you have this whole like centrist thing going on (or whatever you identify as), but it seems like you're just looking for an excuse to defend the man at this point. Would I be wrong to say that you were ready to defend against whatever answer that new user responded with? I strongly suspect you were looking for another argument and specifically one in which you *ahem* "utterly destroy liberal phony with facts and logic."

« Reply #2491 on: December 28, 2018, 09:59:34 am »
My experience on facebook is the exact opposite. I only usually lurk on there but every single political video, cartoon, humorous meme etc..posted on there is left wing and I've never seen anyone post anything against it. They probably wouldn't dare. That's the main reason why I start anti SJW arguments on here sometimes, as its anonymous and there's less danger of having friends disown me or losing my job.

« Reply #2492 on: December 28, 2018, 10:02:18 am »
My experience on facebook is the exact opposite. I only usually lurk on there but every single political video, cartoon, humorous meme etc..posted on there is left wing and I've never seen anyone post anything against it. They probably wouldn't dare. That's the main reason why I start anti SJW arguments on here sometimes, as its anonymous and there's less danger of having friends disown me or losing my job.

perhaps also a generational gap... i don't know how old you are, but the only people i see posting dumb liberal memes are quite older than me. the only people my age who post dumb memes are conservative. (i just wanna say im not against memes in general but people post some absolute garbage 0 humor memes on facebook).

« Reply #2493 on: December 28, 2018, 10:18:09 am »
Maybe it's a UK/US thing. Most British people who post political stuff on facebook seem to do it for virtue signalling e.g. sign this petition to save such and such. Something people on the right rarely do

« Reply #2494 on: December 28, 2018, 10:54:38 am »
I think anti-SJWs are the worst. There are people on the left side that start unnecessary arguments, but there are far more on the right who fan the flames (in my experience). On a daily basis, I see so much more reactionary stuff about liberals ruining Christmas (or some other asinine thing) than I see actual liberals advocating for that stuff (across social media and in real life interactions). For example, the vast majority of my friends on Facebook are fairly liberal or VERY liberal. I mean, you and many others would call these people radical leftists. However, the people who post the most about random nonsense are the conservatives I'm friends with. I think this site mirrors my experience on Facebook... Anyway, that's all beside the point...

Well the antis can certainly can be aggravating and it probably depends on what one's feed looks like. I'd also say that some of what people who lean left or even center-left is "mainstream" thought and not virtue-signaling or starting an unnecessary argument, in fact is. There's something of this on the right as well, where they think a simple message of supporting the troops or celebrating Christmas or expressing faith, is seen by someone else as "In your face advocating".

Then again, if I really had to guess what gets people fired up on facebook, if I used true metrics, it's probably crap related to Marvel, Cardi B or some other celebrity that I'm not hip enough to know about, sports, driving laws, Comcast, bad service at Red Robin, and people who put sweaters on dogs.

You, in particular, spend much more time and energy on this site defending (or at least excusing) Trump than you do criticizing him. I get that you have this whole like centrist thing going on (or whatever you identify as), but it seems like you're just looking for an excuse to defend the man at this point.
Well part of that is, and I think you'd agree, many of the other "defenders" of Trump are, uhm, not always the most effective advocates owing to certain quirks, sources cited, and so on.

I do enjoy a good argument, but if anyone is looking for an excuse, it seems his critics are. I've pointed out the reflexive nature of Trump criticism where Trump could do the opposite of what they are attacking for (or some 3rd or 4th way) and they'd criticize him for THAT, only from a different direction. Take this Syria pullout. Trump pulls out "OMG, he's ignoring the generals and doing Putin's bidding!!!!!". If Trump announced we were staying it would be "OMG endless war, Trump's doing Putin's bidding and helping Assad." If he sent in more troops it would be "OMG Trump's a warmonger and he's doing Putin's bidding!". Do you not see that happening? That defines Trump Derangement Syndrome when not only do you reflexively oppose the guy, but you believe that opposite actions would be the part of some sort of master plan conspiracy by a shadowy agent.

If someone can't recognize that when presented with that and at least go "Okay, I need to be careful in my criticism of Trump", then I don't know what to say. But I think that's a significant percentage of the Trump opposition. Frankly, that constitutes borderline delusions, paranoia, and amounts to a shared mass hallucination. At least you have SOME people on the left who have their principles first and then see how Trump's actions match with those principles and criticize him at times and then defend him at others. We've seen it with Van Jones on prison reform, Glenn Greenwald on interventionism and Russia, Alan Dershowitz on the impeachment claims and the investigations, and others.

Would I be wrong to say that you were ready to defend against whatever answer that new user responded with? I strongly suspect you were looking for another argument and specifically one in which you *ahem* "utterly destroy liberal phony with facts and logic."
Of course I was looking to have a debate!

I don't care about "destroying" someone. Whether it's here or Korea, one of the underlying themes is "there's other possibilities and you need to consider them" and "before you criticize, examine your own side".

I'm not a centrist as I clearly have a bias and a slant. I don't care if someone challenges my points, after all as someone who loves debate, I'm actually pleased when someone fires back. I'm sorry that there are some people who get frustrated when someone challenges their view and it makes it uncomfortable. To me it's a game, a contest, a diversion but it's also one of the best ways to evaluate truth.

• Savant
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #2495 on: December 28, 2018, 11:10:35 am »

To me it's a game, a contest, a diversion but it's also one of the best ways to evaluate truth.

More like an obsessive compulsion to argue every little point.

Sadly, your end game is not "truth" in any debate.

Your end game is to frame each "debate" to prove your own point which due to your constant waffling and side-shows, I'm not even sure you know what it was that you were originally arguing about.

« Reply #2496 on: December 28, 2018, 12:26:09 pm »

Take this Syria pullout. Trump pulls out "OMG, he's ignoring the generals and doing Putin's bidding!!!!!". If Trump announced we were staying it would be "OMG endless war, Trump's doing Putin's bidding and helping Assad." If he sent in more troops it would be "OMG Trump's a warmonger and he's doing Putin's bidding!". Do you not see that happening? That defines Trump Derangement Syndrome when not only do you reflexively oppose the guy, but you believe that opposite actions would be the part of some sort of master plan conspiracy by a shadowy agent.

If someone can't recognize that when presented with that and at least go "Okay, I need to be careful in my criticism of Trump", then I don't know what to say. But I think that's a significant percentage of the Trump opposition. Frankly, that constitutes borderline delusions, paranoia, and amounts to a shared mass hallucination. At least you have SOME people on the left who have their principles first and then see how Trump's actions match with those principles and criticize him at times and then defend him at others. We've seen it with Van Jones on prison reform, Glenn Greenwald on interventionism and Russia, Alan Dershowitz on the impeachment claims and the investigations, and others.

I just have two short things to say.

1) Framing the opposition to look bad is something that has always happened in politics. It's happening in a more insane way now because of our president's personality which has seeped into left and right politics. "Trump Derangement Syndrome" is just "what the opposition does when their guy isn't the president." It's just Red team vs Blue team stuff.

2) I think all we really disagree about here is you think more people on the left are delusional than I do. The argument that we've come back to several times over the last few months is that I don't think you give the average liberal enough credit. People who care about prison reform, like Van Jones (or Kim K), should defend any effort Trump makes that aligns with their goals. I guarantee if Trump came out in a strong way against the drug war, tons of average liberals would support that. It seems like you don't think they would. Are there people who are blindly anti-Trump? Sure (there are also people who are blindly pro-Trump and people who were blindly anti-Obama). But that's been the case for any president in our Red vs Blue style democracy.

« Reply #2497 on: December 28, 2018, 12:57:11 pm »
1) Framing the opposition to look bad is something that has always happened in politics. It's happening in a more insane way now because of our president's personality which has seeped into left and right politics. "Trump Derangement Syndrome" is just "what the opposition does when their guy isn't the president." It's just Red team vs Blue team stuff.
No argument here. I only have an issue with people who think it hasn't seeped into both sides, and for the record I DO think it started getting bad with right-wing talk radio.

2) I think all we really disagree about here is you think more people on the left are delusional than I do. The argument that we've come back to several times over the last few months is that I don't think you give the average liberal enough credit. People who care about prison reform, like Van Jones (or Kim K), should defend any effort Trump makes that aligns with their goals. I guarantee if Trump came out in a strong way against the drug war, tons of average liberals would support that. It seems like you don't think they would. Are there people who are blindly anti-Trump? Sure (there are also people who are blindly pro-Trump and people who were blindly anti-Obama). But that's been the case for any president in our Red vs Blue style democracy.

I think the average liberal who doesn't argue much on political forums, probably like a lot of people who leaned Trump but aren't online arguing about politics, is that they are pretty reasonable.

I'm not as optimistic about liberals who occasionally make common cause with Trump. Van Jones took a lot of heat on twitter for his Trump prison reform stuff, same with Kanye and Kim when they were doing what a lot of people do- push a single issue (or connected issues) and not focus so much on partisanship. There's a BIG chunk of people that are in the "Trump is Hitler and Evil Incarnate on Earth" crowd that are are against anything he does and anyone who is with him on anything out of pure reflex. Again, take the Syria issue. People who were against any U.S. involvement there, even under Obama, are now against leaving because Trump made the decision.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/15/van-jones-praised-trump-criminal-justice-reform-now-hes-taking-heat-left/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e3c1ef6c4040

Is there a corresponding increase in the number of people who are blindly Trump? Perhaps. There are a lot of fanboys out there. At the start of his term, a lot of his supporters were somewhat leery. They knew Trump's track record of broken promises and his tendency to pander. I think for many of them, they feel that Trump has stuck to his guns much more than presidents normally do, even with some unpopular decisions. However, I also notice A LOT of people on the right or middle or even libertarians or disaffected Dems who think the left has lost its mind and are going with Trump by default.

I know I keep coming back to SJW stuff, but I do think that really is a big sticking point. There's just so many "outrage" moments and stuff like "Should Santa be male?" or "Boys can have periods too" or "Free Speech=White Supremacy" that people are just exasperated. 

For me, it's like, Trump may take us back to the 80s or 90s and that's not good, but I've lived through those times. It's not the end of the world. The SJW-left is looking to take us forward into something out of Dystopian SciFi and is essentially pushing a pseudo-theocracy upon people. Given the choice...I'll take the 1980s.

« Reply #2498 on: December 28, 2018, 01:13:35 pm »

I know I keep coming back to SJW stuff, but I do think that really is a big sticking point. There's just so many "outrage" moments and stuff like "Should Santa be male?" or "Boys can have periods too" or "Free Speech=White Supremacy" that people are just exasperated. 

My problem is I've never actual met one of those people. I only hear about the outrage and reactions. I'm not saying it's not out there, but I definitely think it's a vocal minority that gets blown way out of proportion by the media and people like you. Show me some stats and I'll gladly admit I'm wrong about it, but it hasn't been my experience online or in real life.

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
« Reply #2499 on: December 28, 2018, 01:43:27 pm »
I recently heard that the song "Baby, It's Cold Outside" has been banned by several radio stations because some SJW's were complaining the song is about date rape. There are endless opportunities to feel victimized.