Read 284575 times

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #2320 on: October 31, 2018, 01:14:47 pm »
One more week, and we will see if the Democrats will take over the house and the Senate.

Just the house, I think. Though, I want Ted Cruz to lose.

“I like Ted Cruz more than most of my other colleagues like Ted Cruz. And I hate Ted Cruz.” - Al Franken

« Reply #2321 on: October 31, 2018, 01:57:29 pm »
One more week, and we will see if the Democrats will take over the house and the Senate.

Just the house, I think. Though, I want Ted Cruz to lose.

“I like Ted Cruz more than most of my other colleagues like Ted Cruz. And I hate Ted Cruz.” - Al Franken

I can see someone like Franken, if not liking Ted Cruz and in fact hating him, at least have this sort of begrudging acceptance for him. Something about the world of comedy makes it easier for you to get along with other people and to understand the difference between genuine attacks and "insults for a purpose".

It's like Scott Adams. Guy is a pro-Trumper who thinks TDS is out of control, but someone called Trump 'Hair Fuhrer' and he couldn't stop laughing because it was funny.

• Sebastian
  • Newgookin

• April 12, 2014, 12:08:53 am
    • new jersey coming to seoul in june
Re: When will Trump be impeached?not going to happen without grounds
« Reply #2322 on: October 31, 2018, 02:58:03 pm »
Although I lean more Green and Libertarian....  I think the Republicans will keep both the House and the Senate...  here's why (I don't see this as a tragedy,  that is the beauty of the system people can be voted out)

Trump has a 90 % approval rating among Republicans... in early voting in states previously thought likely dem, so far that is not the case

if you look at the polling (which use a pretty small sampling, some as low as 500 people) the 29 toss up seats are with a 1 pt lead (with an MOE of 4pts)  ...  even though the news has the house dems winning by a small minority, if you look at the seat data it says + or - 14 seats ....  not a blue wave..  more like a no one knows... 

anyway I could be wrong :) we will see in a few days....

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2323 on: November 01, 2018, 02:53:31 am »
The 14th Amendment:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside...."

I think this should not apply to the children born of illegals, tourists, and diplomats. There is some debate about how to interpret "subject to the jurisdiction thereof". If Trump issues an executive order then the Supreme Court may end up deciding the matter eventually. The Supreme Court has a conservative majority (two of whom are Trump's picks). So that could work in his favor.
The Supreme Court cannot change the Constitution. There is nothing to interpret, and there is no debate.

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• January 30, 2015, 12:50:26 am
    • The Abyss
    more
« Reply #2324 on: November 01, 2018, 03:15:03 am »
The 14th Amendment:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside...."

I think this should not apply to the children born of illegals, tourists, and diplomats. There is some debate about how to interpret "subject to the jurisdiction thereof". If Trump issues an executive order then the Supreme Court may end up deciding the matter eventually. The Supreme Court has a conservative majority (two of whom are Trump's picks). So that could work in his favor.
The Supreme Court cannot change the Constitution. There is nothing to interpret, and there is no debate.
There in lies the rub. This kind of nonsense only really works for the likes of CDW, Chester Dim & Co. That is, the type of vapid Trump cult fan that struggles with basic legal literacy and swallows whole idiotic ideas like the constitution can be amended by an executive order.
The sad part is that such fools do not realize they're being duped. They're blinkered by that emotive rush they feel that appeals to their deep seated insecurities to which Trump provides validation for.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 06:09:09 am by Adel »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #2325 on: November 01, 2018, 03:19:31 am »
A new lawsuit accuses President Trump, his company and three of his children of using the Trump name to entice vulnerable people to invest in sham business opportunities.

Filed in federal court in Manhattan on Monday, the lawsuit comes just days before the midterm elections, raising questions about whether its timing is politically motivated. It is being underwritten by a nonprofit whose chairman has been a donor to Democratic candidates.

The allegations take aim at the heart of Mr. Trump’s personal narrative that he is a successful deal-maker who built a durable business, charging he and his family lent their name to a series of scams.

The 160-page complaint alleges that Mr. Trump and his family received secret payments from three business entities in exchange for promoting them as legitimate opportunities, when in reality they were get-rich-quick schemes that harmed investors, many of whom were unsophisticated and struggling financially.

Trump Org.: " Making Americans Poor Is Just Good Business"

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #2326 on: November 01, 2018, 08:03:12 am »
'Paul Ryan should be focusing on holding the Majority rather than giving his opinions on Birthright Citizenship, something he knows nothing about! Our new Republican Majority will work on this, Closing the Immigration Loopholes and Securing our Border!'

So Ryan, detestable and blinkered as he is, who's been in politics his whole life, knows less about birthright citizenship than a former reality tv celebrity who somehow became president two years ago?  Imagine that.   :rolleyes:

We all know that he gets his information from "Fox and Friends". Surely, nothing can go wrong?

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #2327 on: November 02, 2018, 06:04:45 am »

• sh9wntm
  • Veteran

• February 23, 2018, 03:23:39 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2328 on: November 02, 2018, 07:47:34 am »
If the Dems ever took Texas (likely through increasing the Hispanic vote), it would be game over for the Republicans. This is why Republican strategy today is 1. Appealing to more minority voters with the likes of Candace Owens and Kanye and 2. Push immigration reform and drive illegals out. It's kinda their only move.

The most concerning thing, as someone who leans right, is our president is dancing around our political process. You can't executive order to change the constitutional amendments. That is seriously compromising our democratic processes. The same process that prevents the left from outright destroying the 2nd amendment is the same that prevents the right from destroying the 14th. Good for Ryan for standing up for some logical consistency. If the president ever went through on this, it would further alienate many in his own party.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 07:50:10 am by sh9wntm »

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #2329 on: November 02, 2018, 08:08:16 am »
If the Dems ever took Texas (likely through increasing the Hispanic vote), it would be game over for the Republicans. This is why Republican strategy today is 1. Appealing to more minority voters with the likes of Candace Owens and Kanye and 2. Push immigration reform and drive illegals out. It's kinda their only move.

The most concerning thing, as someone who leans right, is our president is dancing around our political process. You can't executive order to change the constitutional amendments. That is seriously compromising our democratic processes. The same process that prevents the left from outright destroying the 2nd amendment is the same that prevents the right from destroying the 14th. Good for Ryan for standing up for some logical consistency. If the president ever went through on this, it would further alienate many in his own party.

Kanye has jumped off the Trump sinking ship.

The hypocrisy of Trump condemning Obama for issuing Executive Orders (mostly due to Republican obstructionism) but here Trump wants to circumvent the Constitution.

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
« Reply #2330 on: November 02, 2018, 11:34:39 am »
President Donald Trump’s campaign claimed in an ad that Democrats are responsible for a Mexican citizen who killed two California deputies, and Trump’s critics have called the spot racist and divisive.

“Illegal immigrant, Luis Bracamontes, killed our people!” reads the opening text in a campaign ad tweeted by Trump Wednesday.

“Democrats let him stay,” the next line reads.

The man featured in the video is Luis Bracamontes, a Mexican citizen who had repeatedly entered the U.S. illegally and was sentenced to death for the murder of two Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies.
“It is outrageous what the Democrats are doing to our Country. Vote Republican now!” the president tweeted alongside the ad.
“Who else would Democrats let in?” the ad asks rhetorically in conclusion, before closing with a message that “President Donald J. Trump and Republicans are making America safe again.”
In response to the new ad featuring Bracamontes, Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake, a Trump critic, said, “This is just a new low in campaigning. It’s sickening,” according to CNN’s Jake Tapper.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/01/controversial-trump-campaign-ad/1843072002/

I'm outraged that this violent criminal was repeatedly allowed to enter the US because of politicians who prioritize political correctness over the lives of the citizens they represent. That's really what's sickening.

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #2331 on: November 02, 2018, 02:59:04 pm »
I didn't  hear any outrage from you when that right wing whack job shot up a synagogue last week so  can we take it that you're not so outraged by violent criminals per-se but rather when they enter into the country from south of the border?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 07:21:35 am by Adel »

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• Seoul
« Reply #2332 on: November 03, 2018, 09:05:14 am »
President Donald Trump’s campaign claimed in an ad that Democrats are responsible for a Mexican citizen who killed two California deputies, and Trump’s critics have called the spot racist and divisive.

“Illegal immigrant, Luis Bracamontes, killed our people!” reads the opening text in a campaign ad tweeted by Trump Wednesday.

The man featured in the video is Luis Bracamontes, a Mexican citizen who had repeatedly entered the U.S. illegally and was sentenced to death for the murder of two Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies.
“It is outrageous what the Democrats are doing to our Country. Vote Republican now!” the president tweeted alongside the ad.
“Who else would Democrats let in?” the ad asks rhetorically in conclusion, before closing with a message that “President Donald J. Trump and Republicans are making America safe again.”
In response to the new ad featuring Bracamontes, Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake, a Trump critic, said, “This is just a new low in campaigning. It’s sickening,” according to CNN’s Jake Tapper.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/01/controversial-trump-campaign-ad/1843072002/

I'm outraged that this violent criminal was repeatedly allowed to enter the US because of politicians who prioritize political correctness over the lives of the citizens they represent. That's really what's sickening.
It's outrageous that anyone would be stupid enough to believe what a pathological liar says or tweets.

« Reply #2333 on: November 03, 2018, 09:43:31 am »

It's outrageous that anyone would be stupid enough to believe what a pathological liar says or tweets.

This is why Dems lose- You actually think Trump's tweets are about "proving" something or engaging in a debate. It's to focus people on an issue and get them thinking past the sale.

People were kind of finally cluing themselves in when they realized that Trump was doing this with his "birthright citizenship" thing. It was all about getting the shootings off the headlines, not an actual policy.

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Banned
« Reply #2334 on: November 04, 2018, 08:25:25 am »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZZqlQ7vIe8
What would Obama's solution be? Secretly authorize the CIA to use their drones to bomb the caravan? Maybe if it didn't mean losing an opportunity to add voters to the Dems' base....

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Banned
« Reply #2335 on: November 04, 2018, 08:31:18 am »
I didn't  hear any outrage from you when that right wing whack job shot up a synagogue last week so  can we take it that you're not so outraged by violent criminals per-se but rather when they enter into the country from south of the border?
Would you get more upset about a neighbor who keeps dumping their trash in your yard or about your own trash? America already has its own problems and doesn't need to become the dumping ground for other countries' problems. England used to deport its criminals and send them to America. America put a stop to that after independence. Now history is repeating itself due to politicians not being willing to prioritize the well-being of the citizens who voted them into office.

• Savant
  • The Legend

« Reply #2336 on: November 04, 2018, 09:42:22 am »
Would you get more upset about a neighbor who keeps dumping their trash in your yard or about your own trash? America already has its own problems and doesn't need to become the dumping ground for other countries' problems. England used to deport its criminals and send them to America. America put a stop to that after independence. Now history is repeating itself due to politicians not being willing to prioritize the well-being of the citizens who voted them into office.

Republican translation: Now history is repeating itself due to non-white, non-straight and Pelosi-liberal politicians not being willing to prioritize the well-being of good white Christian citizens over everyone else.

« Reply #2337 on: November 04, 2018, 10:07:04 am »

Republican translation: Now history is repeating itself due to non-white, non-straight and Pelosi-liberal politicians not being willing to prioritize the well-being of good white Christian citizens over everyone else.

How old are you and how long have you been this delusional? Since birth, or have you had to work on it over time?

Quite apart from the fact that you toss out the same hackneyed SJW snowflake anti-trump whinges, you've offered NO real response to the very true issue at hand - the right of the USA (whether you like the President or not...) to decide (like every other sovereign nation) who is legally allowed in their country and what such an entry process will entail.

I am no particular fan of Trump, but he deserves at least a modicum of respect for having managed to weather the unbelievably unrelenting storm of vitriol/outright hated directed at him since his election (and delivered on his promised to improve the US economy...); when I read posts like yours  (and I do try to avoid such heavily contentious subjects as a rule...) I can only conclude two things: (i) Trump Derangement Syndrome is a real psychological condition that affected unhinged 'progressives', and (ii) You seem to have forgotten to include your full user name - perhaps the word 'idiot' is missi8ng?

• Adel
  • Expert Waygook

• The Abyss
    more
« Reply #2338 on: November 04, 2018, 11:34:41 am »

Perhaps it would be wise to suggest to your country folk to clean up the trash in their own back yard instead of getting whipped up into a frenzy by a garbage producer warning about an imaginary onslaught of garbage about to hurled in their direction, while you seek refuge in Korea:-[

Assuming you're not of native American heritage, perhaps you might also like to reflect on your ancestors reasons for seeking refuge before casting aspersions on  all of those who wish to do likewise.   

« Reply #2339 on: November 04, 2018, 11:46:46 am »
Maybe if the people in the caravan were waving American flags instead of Guatemalan ones, didn't smash through the Mexican border, and didn't throw stuff at Mexican police I might have a different view.

It's not who they are, it's how they're doing it and what it means for our sovereignty and who is ultimately in control.