Read 282713 times

• JohnD
  • Adventurer

• August 02, 2016, 08:56:46 pm
    • South Korea
Re: US Spousal Immigration Visa Thread
« Reply #660 on: January 06, 2020, 10:13:41 am »

9. Copy of Petitioner's US Passport

Hi CaitiB91, did you copy copy all the pages of US passport, or just the  passport biographic page (page  2 and 3)? Thanks in advance.

• sammyjojo
  • Waygookin

• July 06, 2010, 08:12:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #661 on: January 06, 2020, 10:51:23 am »

Hi CaitiB91, did you copy copy all the pages of US passport, or just the  passport biographic page (page  2 and 3)? Thanks in advance.

Itís just the biographic page

• lhelena
  • Veteran

• March 11, 2018, 01:57:14 pm
    • Anseong
« Reply #662 on: January 06, 2020, 12:08:08 pm »
So we've started going through the checklist and gathering papers so we'll be ready to apply once we're settled after we move apartments. I have a question about the financial support part. As the petitioner, do I have to prove I can financially support my husband? Or can that be someone else (i.e. my parents as we'll be living with them for a while until we get on our feet)? Does that mean they have to be the petitioner as well?  I haven't lived in the US or earned money there for over 2 years currently, so I can't prove any form of support. I'm just confused on if the petitioner and financial support would need to be the same person I guess?

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #663 on: January 06, 2020, 08:51:11 pm »
So we've started going through the checklist and gathering papers so we'll be ready to apply once we're settled after we move apartments. I have a question about the financial support part. As the petitioner, do I have to prove I can financially support my husband? Or can that be someone else (i.e. my parents as we'll be living with them for a while until we get on our feet)? Does that mean they have to be the petitioner as well?  I haven't lived in the US or earned money there for over 2 years currently, so I can't prove any form of support. I'm just confused on if the petitioner and financial support would need to be the same person I guess?

Have you filed taxes, assuming youíre employed. But yes anyone can be the sponsor for financial support.

• lhelena
  • Veteran

• Anseong
« Reply #664 on: January 07, 2020, 07:55:46 am »

Have you filed taxes, assuming youíre employed. But yes anyone can be the sponsor for financial support.
I filed US taxes last year, but not Korean because I was under the 2 year exemption. But if the sponsor for financial support doesn't have to be the petitioner (me) then I guess we're good. Thanks for the help!

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #665 on: January 07, 2020, 09:19:15 am »

I filed US taxes last year, but not Korean because I was under the 2 year exemption. But if the sponsor for financial support doesn't have to be the petitioner (me) then I guess we're good. Thanks for the help!

Yeah no I believe they will want to see your US taxes to verify income. Also any bank statements.

Our problem will be showing the value of our apartment before we sell it.

• CaitiB91
  • Waygookin

• March 05, 2018, 02:27:08 pm
    • Busan
« Reply #666 on: January 08, 2020, 09:50:57 am »

Yeah, just the biographic pages. Unless you are using trips together with your spouse as proof for bona fide marriage, then maybe copy of the pages with the stamps for the trips you went on.

• CaitiB91
  • Waygookin

• Busan
« Reply #667 on: January 08, 2020, 09:53:36 am »

The petitioner and the financial support person do not have to be the same. You will be the petitioner no matter what for your spouse. You can use your parents or someone else that will be the main financial support person. However, you will still have to submit your taxes and financial information along with your parents when it comes to that time, even if they are the financial sponsor.

• lhelena
  • Veteran

• Anseong
« Reply #668 on: January 08, 2020, 11:11:42 am »

The petitioner and the financial support person do not have to be the same. You will be the petitioner no matter what for your spouse. You can use your parents or someone else that will be the main financial support person. However, you will still have to submit your taxes and financial information along with your parents when it comes to that time, even if they are the financial sponsor.

Okay. That's exactly what had me confused. Thanks!

• JohnD
  • Adventurer

• South Korea
« Reply #669 on: January 08, 2020, 12:00:01 pm »
Yeah, just the biographic pages. Unless you are using trips together with your spouse as proof for bona fide marriage, then maybe copy of the pages with the stamps for the trips you went on.

Thank you again for the info.

Form I-130A says my wife doesn't need to sign the form because she lives outside the United States, but in the "Spouse Beneficiary's Signature" in page 3 (6.a), is it better that she sign it with ink even though it says she doesn't have to?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 06:39:40 am by JohnD »

• CaitiB91
  • Waygookin

• Busan
« Reply #670 on: January 13, 2020, 04:34:44 pm »

Thank you again for the info.

Form I-130A says my wife doesn't need to sign the form because she lives outside the United States, but in the "Spouse Beneficiary's Signature" in page 3 (6.a), is it better that she sign it with ink even though it says she doesn't have to?

Yeah, I had my husband sign anyways. Legally, they don't have to but I felt better doing it anyways and they accepted my forms fine.

• JohnD
  • Adventurer

• South Korea
« Reply #671 on: January 17, 2020, 09:14:34 am »
Yeah, I had my husband sign anyways. Legally, they don't have to but I felt better doing it anyways and they accepted my forms fine.

CaitiB91, thank you for the reply.

I'm going to add other evidence. Does anyone know if I have to sign with my signature of every page of additonal documents. For example, i made a 20 page photo album, should I sign all of them with my signature with a date?

• CaitiB91
  • Waygookin

• Busan
« Reply #672 on: January 17, 2020, 05:23:17 pm »

CaitiB91, thank you for the reply.

I'm going to add other evidence. Does anyone know if I have to sign with my signature of every page of additonal documents. For example, i made a 20 page photo album, should I sign all of them with my signature with a date?

No problem. You don't have to do anything special with the photobook. I think for mine I put page numbers in the corner and wrote a little description next to the pictures, but I don't think you /have/ to do that. Just thought it would make more sense to say like "meeting the parents" or "plane to Japan", etc.

• JohnD
  • Adventurer

• South Korea
« Reply #673 on: January 20, 2020, 12:59:56 pm »
Did anyone use a copy of their "Household Register" ( I believe it's called 주 민 둥 룩 표  in korean) for proof of bona fide marriage ?

It seems like the government gives an official English translation for the Household Resiter. Did anyone use the official English translation? My only problem with it is that the there is some Korean words, and on the top, my wife's name is in Korean.

• CaitiB91
  • Waygookin

• Busan
« Reply #674 on: January 24, 2020, 08:20:01 pm »
Did anyone use a copy of their "Household Register" ( I believe it's called 주 민 둥 룩 표  in korean) for proof of bona fide marriage ?

It seems like the government gives an official English translation for the Household Resiter. Did anyone use the official English translation? My only problem with it is that the there is some Korean words, and on the top, my wife's name is in Korean.

I did. None of our bills had either of our names on it, so to prove we live together it was easy to neighborhood office and get that. I don't think we translated anything for it since it was mostly in English. You can add a translation page from your wife if you're worried though.

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #675 on: January 25, 2020, 12:26:47 am »
I'm dating a Korean for the long term and I have never come in here. Until now.

A little daunting.
레새 뭐 페르, 커나르드. 에스티 타베르낰 트루 드 볘르즈.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #676 on: January 28, 2020, 02:29:43 am »
I'm dating a Korean for the long term and I have never come in here. Until now.

A little daunting.
I did it pre-trump so it was probably a little easier, but while it can be time consuming to get all the documents, it you've been filing your taxes and have the required financial resources,  it's not especially difficult. 

• JohnD
  • Adventurer

• South Korea
« Reply #677 on: February 20, 2020, 04:01:10 pm »
I did. None of our bills had either of our names on it, so to prove we live together it was easy to neighborhood office and get that. I don't think we translated anything for it since it was mostly in English. You can add a translation page from your wife if you're worried though.

I got the English translation, but I explained a few areas because some parts where confusing, personally. Thank you :)

• JohnD
  • Adventurer

• South Korea
« Reply #678 on: February 26, 2020, 04:59:26 pm »

I live in Bucheon, but I'm not sure if I should write it Bucheonsi or Bucheon-si

Did anyone use the "-" because it seems like korea uses the "-" when it comes to writing the address in English, but the PDF program doesn't like "-"

Also, Did anyone use the same address in their form i-130 from the official English translation of the Household Register?