Read 10028 times

• fka
  • Veteran

• September 05, 2019, 06:37:44 pm
    • Seoul
Re: Trump will win in 2020
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2020, 12:37:14 pm »
If a Trump run US shot down a passenger jet after Iran had a drone strike on Mitch McConnell while he was driving to an airport in Canada people would be absolutely losing their mind blaming us and for not one second blaming Iran

That is a ridiculous comment. I haven't read or heard every single left-wing commentator discuss this, but among those that I have, there is unanimous agreement that Iran made a horrible blunder and absolutely deserves the lion's share of the blame. However, it is an objective fact that this wouldn't have happened had Iran not been responding to the American provocation / escalation / whatever you want to call it. I don't even know why that's a controversial statement. Civilians bear a disproportionate cost of war, and that's why people were / are upset about Trump's foray into Middle Eastern adventurism (to say nothing of the Bushian lies used to justify it - How many embassies were under imminent threat again?). The incident with the Ukrainian airliner, while absolutely being the result of Iranian ineptitude, perfectly illustrates the consequences of militarist bluster.

• leaponover
  • Expert Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
    • Iksan, S. Korea
« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2020, 03:42:42 pm »
If a Trump run US shot down a passenger jet after Iran had a drone strike on Mitch McConnell while he was driving to an airport in Canada people would be absolutely losing their mind blaming us and for not one second blaming Iran

That is a ridiculous comment. I haven't read or heard every single left-wing commentator discuss this, but among those that I have, there is unanimous agreement that Iran made a horrible blunder and absolutely deserves the lion's share of the blame. However, it is an objective fact that this wouldn't have happened had Iran not been responding to the American provocation / escalation / whatever you want to call it. I don't even know why that's a controversial statement. Civilians bear a disproportionate cost of war, and that's why people were / are upset about Trump's foray into Middle Eastern adventurism (to say nothing of the Bushian lies used to justify it - How many embassies were under imminent threat again?). The incident with the Ukrainian airliner, while absolutely being the result of Iranian ineptitude, perfectly illustrates the consequences of militarist bluster.

You want to talk about "ridiculous".  Ridiculous is having to defend the actions of eliminating a terrorist that's already claimed responsibility for 100's of American lives.  That's ridiculous.  There was no adventurism here....it's called justice.  It's nowhere close to Bush claiming a country owned something that they could or could not use.  This was carrying out of justice based on past actions.  The only reason the WH added this to the laundry list of reasons to eradicate this guy has more to do with the timing and nothing to do with actual justification.  You calling this adventurism is cringe-worthy, but that's pretty much the liberal mantra not to punish anyone, unless they disagree with them.

« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2020, 05:58:07 pm »
Iím starting to think Trunp will indeed win 2020.

Why?

Because the DNC have insisted on running the same game they ran in 2016: a centre left corporate-friendly establishment democrat.

They are pushing hard for anyone not progressive and definitely anyone not Bernie.

Why?

Their donors have massively benefited from the Trump presidency. https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/R45736.html

A Trump win in 2020  would continue those gains for the donors.

If the DNC get their pro-establishment candidate to win...their donors still make gains.

The young left and progressives in general have been warning the DNC they will NOT vote for an establishment candidate who runs against trump.

That is not an idle threat...millennial s are now the countryís largest voting demographic, and they are massively progressive, way to the left of almost any establishment candidate. We saw their imprint on the 2018 mid-terms.

I wouldnít say centrism is dead. Iíd say itís in a coma, and should be put on ice. This is not the time to run a centrist candidate, and especially not a centrist candidate who says they lean left but actually does things right wingers would be proud of.

Time to buckle in boys and girls...the next 3-4 years will be a hell of a ride!

I 100% agree. I'd marry an American, man or woman, and register as a Democrat to be able to vote for Bernie in the primaries.

Obviously because he'd be slaughtered like the 20 million victims of mass killings in the USSR, a regime he has praised.

Alternatively I'd love to see Yang get the nomination because a LOT of Trump voters would for him and he could actually beat Trump, which would be amazing. But the DNC hate him because he's not a racist bigot.

• gogators!
  • The Legend

• March 16, 2016, 04:35:48 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2020, 07:17:10 pm »
"Not one iota." That's some real DM-level hyperbole. 

American troops in the ME--thank you george bush and dick cheney--have nothing to do with Iran firing missiles at a  US installation in the ME? 

"We're bringing the boys back home."

On 8 January, at 06:12 local time (02:42 GMT), UIA flight PS752 took off from Imam Khomeini International Airport.

The plane was a Boeing 737-800 - one of the international airline industry's most widely used aircraft models.

Before it had left the airport's air space, the plane appeared to turn around to return to the runway. Shortly afterwards, it crashed.

Let's imagine my neighbours are meth heads. I don't trust them. They throw shit in my yard, harrass me when I come home from work, steal shit from my shed, etc.

Now I have friends over. We have dinner, it's great. We say good night and they leave. They turn around to get something they forgot, they're still on my walkway outside my porch, and I shoot them.

Surely, it's not entirely my fault! It's the meth head neighbours, too! They've poisoned my trust in humanity!

Not to mention that it's an INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT and the MILITARY, who have a chain of command, organisational polices and technology out the ass, not some suburban housedad with a jittery trigger finger.

Jesus.
O great--from hyperbole to false analogies! You're going through the whole DM playbook.