Read 1782 times

30 min. Adult Lesson Ideas
« on: January 20, 2017, 08:16:40 am »
Hi y'all!

I'm starting a new set of lessons this weekend teaching adults in SK in the customer service industry. Basically, these lessons are going to be through chat because they provide customer service through chat, and their boss thinks their English needs some improvement. I've divided the 12 employees into 3 groups of 4 each so it's not overwhelming to the students or myself (though the boss would argue that 12 in a group is nbd  :rolleyes:)

My question is, what can I do with the group for 30 minutes (over chat) that will help with their language skills, specifically in the customer service department? Boss man wants to "Americanize" their vocabulary so they sound more natural. I've already done assessments and grouped them up, they range from having REALLY good language skills to barely stringing along a few sentences coherently. I would chat with each group for 30 minutes each week. What can I use to assess them? What do I teach them? I would obviously do mock chat sessions with each employee in the group and correct their usage, but I need more ideas.

Any advice is appreciated!  ;D