Read 2591 times

• lshaugh
  • Adventurer

• December 18, 2013, 12:56:51 am
    • Canada
CANADIANS - do we need fingerprints?!
« on: December 16, 2016, 12:20:53 pm »
So after sending all of my documents to Seoul, and having my (potential) school send them to the immigration office, my E2 Visa was denied as I did not have an RCMP check done with fingerprints. My CRC was through my local police station and it was done through a search of the RCMP National Repository.

On all of the recruitment websites, on many forums (including here) it indicates that fingerprints are not needed for Canadians. Is the immigration office being anal/making a mistake or has something changed very recently?

As of now my job (which was to begin in 2 weeks) is in jeopardy due to this mess.

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 15, 2015, 11:48:59 am
    • Seoul
Re: CANADIANS - do we need fingerprints?!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 12:30:31 pm »
No you don't need finger prints

• DaStrongOne
  • Moderator LVL 1

• December 01, 2015, 08:59:17 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 12:41:07 pm »
What province are you in?
Did you get your CRC notarized at a Korean Embassy/Consulate?

Go to reply #163 by courtneym
http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,952.msg619528.html#msg619528
ESL in the ROK - 19 games for any lesson - simply enter your data/choose a lesson and play

• lshaugh
  • Adventurer

• December 18, 2013, 12:56:51 am
    • Canada
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 12:44:26 pm »
I'm in Ontario. The consulate notarized the CRC without fingerprints. My recruiter is saying that the immigration office requires fingerprints. This is a disaster.... contract likely cancelled because of this

• gideonvasquez
  • Super Waygook

• August 27, 2015, 08:42:34 am
    • Uisung - Gyeongbuk-do
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 12:49:27 pm »
I think you needed the fingerprinted one bruv.
From Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Vancouver.
CONSULAR NOTARIZATION OF  FINGERPRINTS CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK (C.R.C)
RESIDING IN BC, AB, SK, YK, and NWT AND ISSUED WITHIN THE LAST 6 MONTHS ONLY

IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of April 01, 2015, the Consulate will notarize ONLY the FINGERPRINTS C.R.C. and it does NOT need to be notarized by the Notary Public before notarization by the Korean Consulate.
IMPORTATN NOTE: The applicant's name on C.R.C. must EXACTLY match the name on his/her passport. If not, submit a copy of a SECONDARY ID (i.e. Driver's License or Birth Certificate) which displays the EXACT name on his/her C.R.C.
http://can-vancouver.mofa.go.kr/english/am/can-vancouver/visa/criminal/index.jsp

• busandar
  • Super Waygook

• March 05, 2013, 11:41:05 am
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 12:51:43 pm »
5 years ago I did the same type of check and had the same issue. I was told after the fact that I had to get fingerprints done. I went digital, because I was told it was way faster that way and it was; this whole snafu ended up delaying our start date by 2 weeks, but it wasn't a total disaster.

So unless they recently changed it to be that Cnds don't need prints, I was always under the impression that we needed them.

If you're in Calgary I can try and find the name of the place I used, they were great.

• DaStrongOne
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Korea
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 12:55:47 pm »
Sorry to hear. I know how stressful what you're going through is.

Btw that's a shame that Ontario still notarizes CRC's without fingerprints, if immigration won't accept them.
ESL in the ROK - 19 games for any lesson - simply enter your data/choose a lesson and play

• DaStrongOne
  • Moderator LVL 1

• Korea
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 01:01:11 pm »
I think you needed the fingerprinted one bruv.
From Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Vancouver.
CONSULAR NOTARIZATION OF  FINGERPRINTS CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK (C.R.C)
RESIDING IN BC, AB, SK, YK, and NWT AND ISSUED WITHIN THE LAST 6 MONTHS ONLY

IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of April 01, 2015, the Consulate will notarize ONLY the FINGERPRINTS C.R.C. and it does NOT need to be notarized by the Notary Public before notarization by the Korean Consulate.
IMPORTATN NOTE: The applicant's name on C.R.C. must EXACTLY match the name on his/her passport. If not, submit a copy of a SECONDARY ID (i.e. Driver's License or Birth Certificate) which displays the EXACT name on his/her C.R.C.
http://can-vancouver.mofa.go.kr/english/am/can-vancouver/visa/criminal/index.jsp

Ontario will notarize a local police CRC (not fingerprinted). OP's problem is immigration in Korea won't accept that.

• keldule
  • Adventurer

• August 30, 2016, 07:32:16 am
    • Jeolla
    more
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 01:19:32 pm »
If you're in Ontario you can go through a 3rd party to get an RCMP digital CBC with fingerprints. I used the Commissionaires (security company) and it was $75. I think you need an appointment, but somehow I did walk in.

It only took THREE DAYS for the RCMP to send me my CBC by snail mail (did the fingerprinting on Wednesday, CBC arrived at my house Friday). I lived in the National Capital Region (Ottawa), so times will definitely differ if you live elsewhere.

It's definitely possible to get it within 2 weeks if the odds are in your favour. Good luck OP.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:21:49 pm by keldule »

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 01:25:11 pm »
I'm in Ontario. The consulate notarized the CRC without fingerprints. My recruiter is saying that the immigration office requires fingerprints. This is a disaster.... contract likely cancelled because of this

Your recruiter is wrong!!!

I've had many E2 visas and no fingerprints were ever taken!

It's the recruiter not immigration that is causing problems. Is the job real or just a fake job?

• wblancha
  • Waygookin

• March 01, 2016, 03:48:44 pm
    • korea
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 02:05:03 pm »

It's the recruiter not immigration that is causing problems. Is the job real or just a fake job?

I think that once you are in Korea, the criminal record check you need to renew a contract does not need fingerprints. 
To apply to get your first E-2 visa to come to Korea from Canada you need a RCMP criminal record check done by the RCMP and that requires fingerprints.  You can get a criminal record check from your local police station and have them check against the RCMP database but it isn't an official CRC done by the RCMP.

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 02:52:37 pm »

I think that once you are in Korea, the criminal record check you need to renew a contract does not need fingerprints. 
To apply to get your first E-2 visa to come to Korea from Canada you need a RCMP criminal record check done by the RCMP and that requires fingerprints.  You can get a criminal record check from your local police station and have them check against the RCMP database but it isn't an official CRC done by the RCMP.

I have never given my finger prints to the RCMP even in Canada. I used a local city police station with an RCMP check. Finger print criminal record checks are for convicted criminals usually. The only person I knew who needed fingerprints for a police check was a guy who was a career criminal in Canada and it was for a job in Walmart.

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 03:55:52 pm »
F4 Visa here, so it might be a little different (I doubt it); but fingerprints were necessary for me. As someone else mentioned, the consulate in Vancouver required RCMP CRC with fingerprints. My local RCMP station in North Van knew right away when I mentioned that I'd be teaching in Korea.

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 06:22:19 pm »

I have never given my finger prints to the RCMP even in Canada. I used a local city police station with an RCMP check. Finger print criminal record checks are for convicted criminals usually. The only person I knew who needed fingerprints for a police check was a guy who was a career criminal in Canada and it was for a job in Walmart.

False.

I needed one for a government job with an "Enhanced Reliability Check", a very low security clearance.

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• Seoul
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 07:07:15 pm »

False.

I needed one for a government job with an "Enhanced Reliability Check", a very low security clearance.

What is false? I'm in Korea and never did any finger prints, how am I here? Did immigration change the rules for me?

Has the op talked to immigration himself? Or is the recruiter just taking things into their hands?

I don't care if everyone says you need a finger print RCMP police check because it's wrong I never did it and every Canadian here I know on an E2 never did one either.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 07:11:46 pm by KimDuHan »

• JNM
  • The Legend

• January 19, 2015, 10:16:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 07:22:24 pm »

False.

What is false? I'm in Korea and never did any finger prints, how am I here? Did immigration change the rules for me?

Has the op talked to immigration himself? Or is the recruiter just taking things into their hands?

I don't care if everyone says you need a finger print RCMP police check because it's wrong I never did it and every Canadian here I know on an E2 never did one either.

Sorry.  I misread the previous post.

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 09:48:52 pm »

Things never change, of course and if people say they have you know they're wrong because in the past it was different than they claim is true currently.

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 09:06:44 pm »
I just had my interview yesterday and when I was going through documents with my coordinator he said I wouldn't need fingerprints. I'm from Toronto.