Read 3726 times

• kriztee
  • Expert Waygook

• December 18, 2015, 01:33:06 am
Detective RPG Camp
« on: December 16, 2016, 09:26:33 am »
So I went overboard and made an RPG game/classroom scavenger hunt for my 6th graders winter camp. The story takes place in the game but the clues are all in the classroom. It's surprisingly low prep because if oyu print out the worksheets I included then you're pretty much done and just need to hide the clues in your classroom. The game software is all included, just install it and you're good to go. Make sure you read the IMPORTANT INFO file so you know how the game works and how all the clues should go. You can save your progress (I think you can have up to 99 save files per computer so you can use it for multiple classes) and it'll keep track of what clues you found.

The map for the clues isn't in the Google Docs Zip file, It's attached on this post.

Enjoy! (let me know if there are spelling mistakes cuz I made it fast and might have missed something)

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:58:03 am by kriztee »

Re: Detective RPG Camp
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 12:00:17 pm »
You're a waygook hero... This is awesome. Did you make this with RPG maker??

• kriztee
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 12:06:12 pm »
You're a waygook hero... This is awesome. Did you make this with RPG maker??
Ahahah yeah. I got super bored and I love my 6th graders so I thought I'd treat them/blow their minds.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 01:34:20 pm »
This is brilliant!

I made an RPG game in Unity for some extra classes during the year ~ but yours is much nicer! Thanks so much for this!

Any chance you can share your project files so I can edit a few things in RPG maker?

• kriztee
  • Expert Waygook

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 08:32:28 am »
This is brilliant!

I made an RPG game in Unity for some extra classes during the year ~ but yours is much nicer! Thanks so much for this!

Any chance you can share your project files so I can edit a few things in RPG maker?

I left it editable so you should be able to change it just by opening it up. When you install it all the graphics, sounds ect will be there and changable but I didn't encrypt the actual game file just in case anyone wanted to change it :P

• IvyF
  • Newgookin

• April 20, 2017, 06:11:26 pm
    • Gwangyang
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 12:05:54 pm »
How long did this game last? Did your students solve it in a day or was it carried out through multiple days?

• Chitown312
  • Adventurer

• October 21, 2015, 12:46:27 pm
    • Andong, South Korea
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 12:17:45 pm »
Hello, I would love to try this lesson.  Unfortunately the link is not working for me.  Any ideas?

• KarineESL
  • Waygookin

• September 28, 2018, 03:05:33 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 07:53:35 am »
So I went overboard and made an RPG game/classroom scavenger hunt for my 6th graders winter camp. The story takes place in the game but the clues are all in the classroom. It's surprisingly low prep because if oyu print out the worksheets I included then you're pretty much done and just need to hide the clues in your classroom. The game software is all included, just install it and you're good to go. Make sure you read the IMPORTANT INFO file so you know how the game works and how all the clues should go. You can save your progress (I think you can have up to 99 save files per computer so you can use it for multiple classes) and it'll keep track of what clues you found.

The map for the clues isn't in the Google Docs Zip file, It's attached on this post.

Enjoy! (let me know if there are spelling mistakes cuz I made it fast and might have missed something)

Could I please request a link to the Google Docs Zip File? :)
I can't seem to find the game.