Read 4675 times

Re: F2-99
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 01:54:29 pm »
Yes I did renew it. They asked for a copy of my housing contract and they asked if im still working at my same job but they did not request proof of employment. Thats it. I was in and out in 5 minutes approximately.

T.C.

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 01:55:45 pm »
Oh and they gave me 3 years this time not 2.

T.C.

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2019, 03:08:20 pm »
Yes I did renew it. They asked for a copy of my housing contract and they asked if im still working at my same job but they did not request proof of employment. Thats it. I was in and out in 5 minutes approximately.

T.C.

Awesome. Good to hear. Yeah, when I called and asked them they said I had to show them that I was still working the same job. Which I had kind of thought wasn't necessary once you were on an F2.

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2019, 08:28:03 am »
To those who have this visa...how long did it take you to get TOPIK 2?  Is it achievable with self study or did you guys take classes?

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 09:42:52 am »
To those who have this visa...how long did it take you to get TOPIK 2?  Is it achievable with self study or did you guys take classes?

I think it's very possible to achieve that through self study. To get TOPIK level 2 you will need to know about 2,000 words and basic grammar. I use Memrise for the vocab and Korean Grammar in Use (Beginner). You can find previous tests online for practice.

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2019, 11:39:33 am »

TOPIK 2 is a joke. Just print out the previous tests, which are all available online, and go through them all. Time yourself, no computer, treat it like a real test. Do that like 5-10 times and then check your answers and memorize the words you didn't know, and you'll pass it with zero problem.

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2019, 11:40:56 am »

The hardest part of TOPIK is finding an open test slot.

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2019, 11:43:48 am »

TOPIK 2 is a joke. Just print out the previous tests, which are all available online, and go through them all. Time yourself, no computer, treat it like a real test. Do that like 5-10 times and then check your answers and memorize the words you didn't know, and you'll pass it with zero problem.

Wow that is both a surprise and also really encouraging for me haha.  I assumed it's quite difficult to get considering it makes up part of the visa requirements.  Thanks for the insight!

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2019, 11:46:50 am »

Wow that is both a surprise and also really encouraging for me haha.  I assumed it's quite difficult to get considering it makes up part of the visa requirements.  Thanks for the insight!

TOPIK 2 is a joke. The difference between TOPIK 2 and TOPIK 3 is really big.

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2019, 01:46:42 pm »

T.C.

Awesome. Good to hear. Yeah, when I called and asked them they said I had to show them that I was still working the same job. Which I had kind of thought wasn't necessary once you were on an F2.

Do you know why? I'm leaning towards a move to Japan next year, but the F2-99 and tutoring are my backup plan.