« Reply #260 on: July 08, 2013, 10:57:07 am »
What I used (will use) mostly borrowed from others:

• Zeegs
  • Featured Contributor

• March 08, 2011, 12:57:31 pm
    • Ansan, South Korea
Re: Harry Potter Camp
« Reply #261 on: July 16, 2013, 02:51:31 pm »
A new version of the Sorting Hat. It has an intro where an owl drops off an acceptance letter then it shows the Hogwarts express, and going into the dinner hall. The hat the speaks to introduce itself, then when you click on the screen with the hat and the 4 houses, it shows the hat being put on, then cuts to it talking to sort the students.

Just duplicate the 3 slides, to add another instance of the house until you have the right amount for your class.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:17:53 pm by Zeegs »

• Hoosier_Jedi
  • Expert Waygook

• April 08, 2011, 01:56:38 pm
    • Icheon
    more
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2013, 01:06:58 pm »
Great work, Zeegs. I used this in my HP camp and the kids really got a kick out of it.

• ayankeebell
  • Adventurer

• August 22, 2013, 05:23:34 pm
    • Jecheon, Chungbuk
« Reply #263 on: December 11, 2013, 03:19:25 pm »
I'm in a HP camp planning frenzy, and I made this game for the kids to practice creature names and spells. It's kind of like a choose your own adventure game.

Have your kids play with their house teams. Each team has 5 "missions." Gryffindor starts and does their first mission, then Hufflepuff should do their first mission, etc. Students will be asked to give the name of the person/creature, and then should decide what spell to use. If they can't remember the spell name, choose the other option. Not remembering a spell will result in losing health (activate lost health by clicking on a health bar). Each team has 4 points of health. The team with the most health at the end wins.

TL;DR It's a cool game that lets kids decide how to deal with threats or face the consequences.

• ayankeebell
  • Adventurer

• Jecheon, Chungbuk
« Reply #264 on: December 17, 2013, 02:37:05 pm »
I've noticed that most people haven't done much with Divination/Astronomy. I think my kids will really get a kick out of reading each other's personalities and futures, so I've made some materials to go along with that.

The Divination ppt just introduces the idea of crystal balls and the future. I downloaded the Astronomy ppt from here, but have redecorated and made it a bit easier for my kids. I also combined it with the Astrology ppt I found elsewhere on here. The palm reading guide is pretty simple and easy to understand, and hopefully it will be a blast.

• ShanaC
  • Veteran

• August 27, 2013, 03:10:13 pm
HP Decor - Framed Portraits
« Reply #265 on: January 02, 2014, 12:49:47 pm »
I couldn't find any framed Hogwarts-type "moving" portraits online, so I combined some paintings and frames. I just used these as decoration. (If there's time, I plan to give a point to the house that can identify the two portraits that are actually seen in the movies.)

• ShanaC
  • Veteran

• August 27, 2013, 03:10:13 pm
More HP Decor
« Reply #266 on: January 02, 2014, 12:54:33 pm »
Various things I used to decorate the room

« Reply #267 on: January 03, 2014, 10:54:37 am »
Hey guys ^^ If you're looking to show the movie in class and need the actual movie plus the subtitles, Nate has the entire movie available for streaming!

Just put this into google: 해리포터와 마법사의 돌-14/1

• hung35
  • Newgookin

• September 07, 2012, 03:29:30 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2014, 05:29:09 pm »
These PPTs are amazing.. thanks... but as I am a korean English teacher, I think those korean transtaltion in some Harry potter PPT is tatally not understandable...I just changed one for other teachers..If I have time I will try to change them more...

« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2014, 02:38:07 pm »
 I finished low level Harry Potter camp last week. Here is my schedule http://wherewillmyfeetpart2.blogspot.kr/2014/01/harry-potter-camp-low-level.html I will add my powerpoints and my book when I finish my regular camp. I want to add all my regular camp stuff together so it's easier to use.

My low level students were 4th grade.

• ayankeebell
  • Adventurer

• Jecheon, Chungbuk
« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2014, 08:23:08 am »
I had such a blast doing my HP camp! I've attached a few more things that I used. I downloaded most of the games and edited them pretty heavily to fit my curriculum. I also got the Potions/Directions ppts from here and edited them.

I've included a directions game set at Hogwarts, an introduction of Potions, an HP personality quiz that I made (the kids loved this), 5 review games, and the simplified rules of "Muggle Quidditch." We played this version of Quidditch outside and it was a lot of fun. I hope some of this is helpful!

« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2014, 03:42:31 pm »
Finish my camp in two days. Here are my materials. The first half are made by me and the rest were taken from this board. Some are a mix of both.

Here is a link to my blog which tells you about what I did each day and pictures of my classroom decorations. There are also links for the decorations.

http://wherewillmyfeetpart2.blogspot.kr/2014/01/harry-potter-camp-regular.html

« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2015, 10:22:47 am »
Thanks to everyone that already posted here. You have made my life so much easier. I have a few things that I have changed, and hope they will be useful for someone else.

First off, I had to find some songs that fitted in with this camp. I'm going to use "Stirring Our Brew" on the day we learn potions, and "The Needs of a Plant" on the day we do herbology. I've included the lyric sheets in PPT and PDF formats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUBIQ1fTRzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OtW-yTlIWE

I have also edited the beat the monsters power point that was posted here. I thought that it was a little to easy for my students to get the correct answer to each question, so I made it more difficult to work out what the correct answer is. Otherwise its is basically the same as the previous posters game.

Finally I made a PPT that walks through step by step how to make the Simple Unicorn Model that has been used in several camps. I couldn't find a PPT that showed how to make it already so I made one.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:35:47 am by jayrenegade »

« Reply #273 on: July 09, 2015, 02:53:15 pm »
Hey guys!

I wanted a more "authentic" sorting for the kids that actually analysed their personalities (WITHOUT the answers being so obviously one house or another) and placed them in houses based on the results, like the real sorting hat.

So, I made this quiz ppt using this personality-based sorting quiz: http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Reviews/HarryPotter/Docs/Quiz-House.html

The questions are complicated and high level language so I would only recommend this quiz, even as simplified as I've tried to make it, for middle school or high school, or truly exceptional elementary classes.

For low levels/elementary you'd either need a whooooole lot of straight up translation, or you would need to heavily edit, completely rewrite, or come up with totally different questions than the ones I've used.

In that case, you could just use this as a template for administering whatever quiz questions you came up with and scoring them on the worksheet etc.

You'll recognise some things taken from other ppts - mostly Zeegs Sorting ppt to get the atmosphere going before we jump into the quiz.

There are 12 questions - first we'll go through the questions and answers as a comprehension exercise together (I'll have the students write down new words and phrases in English and Korean to build personal dictionaries as they go).

Meanwhile they have a worksheet that lists the questions and 4 columns - A, B, C, D - which correspond to the 4 houses.

When they understand everything they choose what they would do, and I show them how many points to add to each house/column for their choice. At the end, they add up all the points in each house/column, and whichever house has most points is their house.

Which letter corresponds to which house is revealed at the end using the announcement animations made by Zeegs.

It's a little complicated so if anyone has trouble understanding feel free to ask me about it.

Have fun with it! =)

It should take some time to get through the ppt, especially if your kids are lower level - I did this deliberately as I wanted to make the sorting an activity/event itself in the camp rather than a quick prerequisite for getting on with the rest of the camp haha - I'm planning/hoping it takes about a period to do =P

[Edited to add a font I used on the ppt called Old English - just paste the file into the "Fonts" file in Control Panel =)]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:56:40 pm by spooninmypocket »

• Space
  • The Legend

• May 09, 2012, 10:11:12 pm
« Reply #274 on: July 15, 2015, 12:39:51 pm »
So, Here is a completed camp. Each Lesson is 90minute (or two 40minute plus 10 minute break). I haven't actually done it yet so the times are just estimates but it should be okay.

To anyone who is looking at this camp for the first time, do not do what I did and download absolutely everything. Gah! Over 700 files of stuff you mostly do not want. It will save you a lot of time and organisation in the long run if you look at the whole camps listed first then maybe read the descriptions of the other files. I added 'Space' to every file so that if you did download every single file in this thread, this particular complete camp will be easy to spot.

I borrowed and rejigged a little from different places. So thanks to you if I used your stuff.

Anyway, here's a rough outline

Day 1
Intro PPT Vocabulary
Houses & Sorting hat
Wand Making PPT
Wand making    
House Badge Creating (if time) in workbook

Day 2
History of HP PPT
Fire Breathing Potions Demo (coke & mentos) + workbook predictions
Troll Poison Potion PPT (slime making) + workbook predictions
Make your own potion PPT & group work + workbook recipe

Day 3
DADA PPT (includes DADA translated description Mafia Game + Tag + Brave Warrior game)

Day 4
Care of Magical creatures PPT
Workbook create your own magical creature
Model clay (play clay) design magical creature from sketch.
Game Beat the monster PPT
(Herbology PPT if under time/workbook puzzles additional games)

Day 5
Market day + video
Students will spend the Galleons they earn throughout the week.

In the 'Workbook and Additional things' folder you will find the workbook, displays, labels, house point grafts, galleons to print, and shopping list. Also be sure to keep the  'Day 1 sorting hat' as separate folder to be sure the sound files work.

• Space
  • The Legend

« Reply #275 on: July 15, 2015, 12:55:20 pm »
To go with previous post

« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2015, 06:08:47 pm »
In an effort to finally contribute, I'm adding my materials to the pile (though they're too late to be of any use this summer).

My camp was 5 days, with four 45 minute periods each day (20 total teaching hours).

There are 4 different subject booklets (a combination of material on this thread and my own). They are set up as booklets for printing (2 pages fit on one side of A4). The pages are ordered backwards in the document but print correctly and in such a way that all you need to do is fold and staple after printing double-sided (short edge).

I used other materials and powerpoints but this was the bulk of my camp. And the less redundant for camp contributions.

The herbology booklet has 2 blank pages that we used for running dictation.

I've also included a picture of the booklets to give you an idea of finished product.

Enjoy!

• Space
  • The Legend

« Reply #277 on: August 25, 2015, 08:03:41 am »
An update.

to go with:

(see other post for attachments)
Day 1
Intro PPT Vocabulary
Houses & Sorting hat
Wand Making PPT
Wand making   
House Badge Creating (if time) in workbook

Day 2
History of HP PPT
Fire Breathing Potions Demo (coke & mentos) + workbook predictions
Troll Poison Potion PPT (slime making) + workbook predictions
Make your own potion PPT & group work + workbook recipe

Day 3
DADA PPT (includes DADA translated description Mafia Game + Tag + Brave Warrior game)

Day 4
Care of Magical creatures PPT
Workbook create your own magical creature
Model clay (play clay) design magical creature from sketch.
Game Beat the monster PPT
(Herbology PPT if under time/workbook puzzles additional games)

I massively over-prepared. The material here could have lasted for 4 x 40 minutes easily (and if you have a 5 period camp it will even fit that if including moving watching or diary writing in the final 40 minutes). 

I'm not going to change the PPTs but the Intro on day one has 'house question'. I realised that I needed to sort them into their houses before the questions. I just paused and switched PPTs, sorted then switched back before questions were asked.

The coke and mentos will not work as well in Korea as diet coke (which produces the tallest explosion) is nigh on impossible to get a hold of here.

The troll potion takes longer than expected and needs less borax than the youtube video suggested. Make a pre-batch before so you know your quantities. It also make more of a putty than a slime. There are other slime methods to consider if you want slimier slime.

• Inge1415
  • Veteran

• August 23, 2014, 09:43:50 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #278 on: December 29, 2015, 08:20:51 am »
So i used this in the summer and made a lot of the worksheets myself, but I though this might help someone, so I should post it!  it is in pdf form so I don't lose the fonts.

I also made book covers to look like the actual books from harry potter, just in black and white. :)

If you want the ppt. form, or the powerpoints I used, just shoot me a message!

My classes were 80 minutes a day, 5 days a week for 2 weeks. They were split as 3rd and 4th, and 5th and 6th.
High level workbook
Low level workbook
Teachers guide (combine high and low level, seperating them by days, and add in the lesson plan)

• Inge1415
  • Veteran

• August 23, 2014, 09:43:50 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2016, 01:38:33 pm »
Per request, here are some of my materials!

There was an error when I transferred my files from my computer to my external hard drive, so all my edited ppts are gone (including the ppt file of my textbook)...But I highly recommend just converting the pdf to jpg with an online converter so you can pick and choose what worksheets you want!

The book ppt I attached was edited/ made by a friend of mine but it's very similar to the books on here, just fyi!

All my ppts were taken from this thread and then edited, but since I lost my edited files, i am not going to reupload the same files... :/

I hope this helps a little!!!