Read 3768 times

Vietnam Working Visa - Applying from Korea
« on: December 02, 2016, 08:05:21 pm »
Hey guys, I need some advice. Maybe someone out there has had a similar issue.

Im a Brit currently applying for a Vietnam working visa while living in Korea. Everything is going ok so far I just got all my docs authenticated at the Korean ministry of foreign affairs and just need to take them to the Vietnamese embassy. However, there is one small issue.

Vietnam immigration require 5 years of verifiable xp (I have 4.5) or a certified tefl/celta certificate (I have an online Tefl).

The tefl is just a simple online jobby with no ink signature. The certificate was issued from A US organisation so I have been instructed to get it authorised at the US embassy. The US embassy does not authorise documents.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does anyone know anywhere in Seoul where I can get an online tefl certificate authorised?

• vietpham
  • Super Waygook

• April 28, 2012, 08:33:18 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Vietnam Working Visa - Applying from Korea
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 10:22:06 pm »
I'm currently in VN and I had my working visa done through my employer after gaining employment so it's different from your case.

As far as what I've heard (don't take it gospel), you need to authenticate by a Vietnamese place even if you get an english speaking place to authorize an online TEFL.  Take my advice and get a proper CELTA or TEFL with observed in-class time.  The medium sized and proper language institutes require that at least.  You could take your chance at some of the smaller places but those don't help with visas and you'd be on a tourist visa.  Even the medium sized language centers have most of their teachers do visa runs to Cambodia every 3 months. 

• dukie
  • Veteran

• March 07, 2011, 02:42:10 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 04:28:13 am »
Hi Vietpham,

Just curious, what's the working conditions like in Vietnam? Like your vacation time, pay, kids behaviors, etc...

I'm assuming there's a public school and a Hagwon sector, just like Korea too.

Thanks

• CDW
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 15, 2011, 01:22:09 pm
    • Banned
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 05:26:27 am »
Maybe get a certified true copy of your TEFL certificate made by a Korean attorney and then get that copy authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

http://lawhanmi.com/en/notary-services-in-korea

I'm not sure that a public notary in the US can provide services through the mail.

• vietpham
  • Super Waygook

• April 28, 2012, 08:33:18 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 09:11:10 pm »
Hi Vietpham,

Just curious, what's the working conditions like in Vietnam? Like your vacation time, pay, kids behaviors, etc...

I'm assuming there's a public school and a Hagwon sector, just like Korea too.

Thanks

Of course every place is different.  Generally, it is much more serious about English education than Korea.  It's harder to get a job and working Visa. 

Since the most common jobs are at the large language center (I don't work in one of those), I'll tell you what I know about those.  You get paid about ~1300$ a month before tax.  You are required to have a celta or tefl with observed lessons.  The kids are more behaved but from what I've heard Korean kids are in general more rowdy than Vietnamese.  I'm not sure about vacation time.  You have observed lessons more often than you would at hagwons.  Those are by your peers/supervisors including parents.

Like I said, it's much more serious here.  Even the common Language center people majority have tourist visas which means they have to do a run to Cambodia every 3 months.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 11:33:49 am »
Maybe get a certified true copy of your TEFL certificate made by a Korean attorney and then get that copy authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

http://lawhanmi.com/en/notary-services-in-korea

I'm not sure that a public notary in the US can provide services through the mail.

Thank you, I will try that way. I'm going to the Korean ministry of foreign affairs on Wednesday to try it. They also have a lawyer who can notorize the docs. Will let you know if it works. My employer needs them soon otherwise I would just do it in Vietnam where I'm sure this process is easier.

• gurudanny98
  • Veteran

• September 10, 2010, 02:01:11 pm
    • Busan South Korea
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 04:39:19 pm »
How about Criminal Record Check? I'm from the USA. an FBI check can take 4 months if it's not going through one of those speedy channelers. State Police checks can vary from 2 weeks to 1 month, depending on the state.  I've constantly been living in Korea for 6 years. Will a state level be good enough?? Can a Korean Police check (up yo 4 hours) be used in my situation?

• Imogen1991
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 18, 2015, 12:26:47 am
    • Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 08:42:57 pm »
Hey guys, I need some advice. Maybe someone out there has had a similar issue.

Im a Brit currently applying for a Vietnam working visa while living in Korea. Everything is going ok so far I just got all my docs authenticated at the Korean ministry of foreign affairs and just need to take them to the Vietnamese embassy. However, there is one small issue.

Vietnam immigration require 5 years of verifiable xp (I have 4.5) or a certified tefl/celta certificate (I have an online Tefl).

The tefl is just a simple online jobby with no ink signature. The certificate was issued from A US organisation so I have been instructed to get it authorised at the US embassy. The US embassy does not authorise documents.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does anyone know anywhere in Seoul where I can get an online tefl certificate authorised?

Did you get this sorted? I got my online TEFL certified at the British embassy here in Vietnam, well, kind of. They wouldn't officially authorise it but made me sign some things to say that it was legit and that was enough for me to get the work permit. It wasn't cheap but it was relatively easy. Would it be possible to wait until you get here? Most people usually arrive on a 3 month business (DN) visa and then do the WP process in country.

• tun
  • Newgookin

• October 28, 2017, 04:49:11 pm
    • Hanoi
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 10:33:06 am »
You can contact with TUN travel at https://www.hotels-in-vietnam.com/vietnam/vietnam-visa.html to apply visa on arrival for business. There is only 1 year business visa

• Imogen1991
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 18, 2015, 12:26:47 am
    • Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 05:18:26 pm »
You can contact with TUN travel at https://www.hotels-in-vietnam.com/vietnam/vietnam-visa.html to apply visa on arrival for business. There is only 1 year business visa

What? You can get 3 month, 6 month and 1 year business visas. Contact Jane Snvi on facebook, she is amazing and the only person I would recommend getting a Vietnam visa through.

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 am
    • Near Busan
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2021, 11:48:05 am »
I wonder if the trolls will hijack this Vietnam based topic also?

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 11:53:48 am »
I wonder if the trolls will hijack this Vietnam based topic also?

Come on man.  Don't hijack this thread also and try to turn it into one of your frequent battlefields.  This is some interesting information from someone who is currently teaching there.  Stay out of this and don't ruin it for others.

• Renma
  • Veteran

• September 01, 2014, 06:09:42 am
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2021, 11:54:40 am »
This is a 4 year old thread lol

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2021, 11:56:53 am »
Come on man.  Don't hijack this thread also and try to turn it into one of your frequent battlefields.  This is some interesting information from someone who is currently teaching there.  Stay out of this and don't ruin it for others.

You're one to talk.  You just hijaked the other Vietnam thread.  Don't hijak this one too.  A bit hypocritical?

My point is a thread about Vietnam jobs has 4 pages of which 3 and a half is flaming and trolling nothing to do with Vietnam jobs.  Will you do the same here?  Maybe you should knock it off.

• OnNut81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 01, 2011, 03:01:41 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2021, 01:27:45 pm »
You're one to talk.  You just hijaked the other Vietnam thread.  Don't hijak this one too.  A bit hypocritical?

My point is a thread about Vietnam jobs has 4 pages of which 3 and a half is flaming and trolling nothing to do with Vietnam jobs.  Will you do the same here?  Maybe you should knock it off.

You're fascinating.  There was nothing off topic on this thread until you posted.  You tried to take it another direction but amazingly are trying to lay the blame on my doorstep.  You are very practiced at playing the victim.  You do understand that you are the one that tried to derail the thread, right?  No one had said a thing until you decided to stir the pot.  Actually, I don't think you're particularly self aware, so, carry on. 

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Uiwang
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2021, 01:35:14 pm »
Hangook, wtf? You waltz in here 4 years later and tell people not to hijack it?

Are you R?
ETA 2day 4hour 45min to next reboot.
DO NOT UNPLUG

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2021, 01:52:43 pm »
Hangook, wtf? You waltz in here 4 years later and tell people not to hijack it?

Are you R?

You 5 kids hijack all the other threads including the most recent Vietnam thread.  Since you want to make it all about you and all about Korea rather than all about the topic at hand.  I knew you'd hijack this one too. 

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2021, 01:55:27 pm »
You 5 kids hijack all the other threads including the most recent Vietnam thread.  Since you want to make it all about you and all about Korea rather than all about the topic at hand.  I knew you'd hijack this one too. 

NO ONE IS LOOKING FOR THREADS FROM 4 YEARS AGO TO MESS WITH YOU, GOOD LORD.

Dude, the chips on your shoulder are large enough to feed the British population for 3 months, and your sour-ass can even replace the vinegar they enjoy so much.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 01:57:56 pm by CO2 »
DO NOT UNPLUG

• hangook77
  • The Legend

• Near Busan
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2021, 02:00:06 pm »
NO ONE IS LOOKING FOR THREADS FROM 4 YEARS AGO TO MESS WITH YOU, GOOD LORD.

Dude, the chips on your shoulder are large enough to feed the British population for 3 months, and your sour-ass can even replace the vinegar they enjoy so much.

You're still hijacking threads.  I took a bet and you passed with flying colors.

You're pretty hateful and ignorant aren't you? 

• CO2
  • Waygook Lord

• Uiwang
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2021, 02:51:19 pm »
You're pretty hateful and ignorant aren't you? 

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA

"Heh, I'll set up a comment and ensnare them. heh, I'm righteous. It's those meanies who are wrong. heh"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 02:59:23 pm by CO2 »
DO NOT UNPLUG