Read 6680 times

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
Re: 2017 GEPIK/EPIK budgets
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 09:51:38 am »
Column 2 is the name of the city for example if you live in Gimpo Si then you would look for the list out of 김포.  Then skip over to column 5 and see if the name of your school is listed.  So if the city you are in is the Gimpo area and your school name is GaeKok Elementary (개곡 초) then congratulations your school has been picked up for a budget to keep you.  If you don't find your school's name than your school did not get a budget to keep a foreign teacher.  And  if your school has expressed that they want to keep you but told you to wait for the budget to come in than you should be re-signing soon.  But if your school hasn't expressed that they want to keep you even though they have a budget then regardless of this list you may not be guaranteed a re-signing. 

Btw 초등학교 is elementary school  중학교 is middle school  and 고등학교 is high school. 
They are abbreviated on the list as 초, 중, 고.   It also helps to know how to read Korean.  Best of luck.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:55:54 pm by Piggydee »

• KimDuHan
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• January 15, 2015, 11:48:59 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2016, 09:58:22 am »
Korea should axe the whole budget for 3-5 years and see how it goes. If the results are good keep axing the budget. If the results are bad bring back the program.

This is the only way to truly test if EPIK is helpful.

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2016, 10:05:12 am »
Korea should axe the whole budget for 3-5 years and see how it goes. If the results are good keep axing the budget. If the results are bad bring back the program.

...and you only get a future generation within a five year gap who suck at English compared to either older or younger peers.  When companies ask for English and these kids don't live up to the task, well, then they have to suffer the consequences of this decision. 

I can only speak for me and say the kids are always happy to see me and get excited by my presence in a way they don't with Korean English teachers.  I'm doing elementary this year and even the little grade ones and twos will come up and try to speak as much English to me at lunchtime and it motivates them to learn more too.  If I weren't there, they'd be all in Korean and that's it.  (Now if you're a foreigner troll who never speaks to anyone, only reads the textbook for 40 or 45 minutes, and then goes home, well then the Koreans who say we're not effective will prob be right.  Don't be that kind of teacher cause that's what getting our asses cut.)

• Pecan
  • The Legend

• December 27, 2010, 09:14:44 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2016, 10:06:29 am »

Nonsense.

There are many ways, although it has never been objective, outcome-based.

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2016, 02:56:17 pm »
I'm confused does this cover all schools across Korea or just one providence? If the latter Where can I find the budgeting for Daejeon?

• Piggydee
  • The Legend

• October 15, 2013, 07:32:43 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 03:01:17 pm »
I think it's just schools in the Kyunggi-do region.