Read 34386 times

• Fanwarrior
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 06, 2011, 09:19:35 pm
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: do you need reservations to stay at a love motel?
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2011, 07:16:06 am »
If you're worried, make one. A lot won't let you rent until after 8 pm. You can't check in at 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

and by then it's getting packed.

• Brian
  • Featured Contributor

• September 19, 2006, 01:07:56 pm
    • Pittsburgh / Jeollanam-do
Re: Love Motel Thread!
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2011, 08:20:53 am »
Merged the question about needing reservations to stay at a love motel with the love motel thread.
In Korea from 2005 - 2010, not in Korea now.  Please contact an active moderator for quick answers to your questions.

Current project: http://www.pennsylvasia.com/

• Fraulion
  • Veteran

• April 11, 2011, 09:07:42 am
    • Korea
Possible to rent a hotel room for the night around dinner time?
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2011, 07:49:16 am »
I'm looking to stay at a hotel on Wednesday. Ideally I'd like to get the room around dinner time. I've heard that on Friday's/Saturday's you have to wait until around 10 PM before you can enter your hotel room, is that the same for "slow" days (like Wednesday)? If it is, then do I have to rent the room for a couple of hours (i.e. 6 PM to 10 PM), then pay for the room for the night (10 PM to 11 AM the following day)?

• summerthyme
  • Featured Contributor

• July 10, 2010, 05:02:32 am
    • Waegwan, Chilgok, Gyeongbuk
    more
Re: Possible to rent a hotel room for the night around dinner time?
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2011, 08:35:44 am »
You can rent a room whenever for however long.  Why do you need a hotel for only a few hours?  Hooker?

This is not true at all hotels.  As the OP stated, many hotels (particularly on the weekends) will not allow you to check in before 10 PM.  Perhaps the OP is coming from out of town and wishes to put their stuff in a room before heading out for the evening. 

Please remember this is a teaching forum, and professional conduct is encouraged.

To the OP:  Where are you going?  Have you looked into getting a hostel?  Most have very flexible check-in hours, and you can opt for a private room if you are worried about people going through your things.
Please click "Report to moderator" for posts that show harassment, fighting, rudeness, or which otherwise go against waygook's general terms and conditions.  Thanks for your assistance!

• Ley_Druid
  • The Legend

• February 17, 2011, 08:36:33 am
    • Shinan-Gun, Jeollanam-Do, South Korea
Re: Possible to rent a hotel room for the night around dinner time?
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2011, 11:02:24 am »
It totally depends on the particular hotel. You can also try hostels if you are just yourself and looking for a place to crash. There are also real hotels instead of love hotels if you are willing to pay more. Check in is earlier.

If you want a non-love hotel that is cheap, check out Toyoko-Inn. They have several in Seoul and Busan.

• Brian
  • Featured Contributor

• September 19, 2006, 01:07:56 pm
    • Pittsburgh / Jeollanam-do
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2011, 01:17:00 pm »
Merged the thread about reservations at dinner into the larger love motel thread.

Clearly, the OP was asking about the time motels start renting rooms for the night, not about simply getting one for a few hours. His/her question was whether s/he'd need to rent one for a few hours in order to hold it for the night. 

Where exactly are you looking?  I've rented rooms for the night (and for several nights) earlier in the day in Seoul, Gwangju, Busan, and around Jeollanam-do.  The only places I've had some trouble were near Insa-dong (they made us wait later), and near Gangnam/Yeoksam Station, essentially a pink-light district that makes its money off of short stays.
In Korea from 2005 - 2010, not in Korea now.  Please contact an active moderator for quick answers to your questions.

Current project: http://www.pennsylvasia.com/

• Fraulion
  • Veteran

• April 11, 2011, 09:07:42 am
    • Korea
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2011, 01:20:30 pm »
Merged the thread about reservations at dinner into the larger love motel thread.

Clearly, the OP was asking about the time motels start renting rooms for the night, not about simply getting one for a few hours. His/her question was whether s/he'd need to rent one for a few hours in order to hold it for the night. 

Where exactly are you looking?  I've rented rooms for the night (and for several nights) earlier in the day in Seoul, Gwangju, Busan, and around Jeollanam-do.  The only places I've had some trouble were near Insa-dong (they made us wait later), and near Gangnam/Yeoksam Station, essentially a pink-light district that makes its money off of short stays.

I'm actually looking for one near Gangnam station. I want to book the room around dinner time, leave my valuables in the room, go for some dinner, and then go back to the room to sleep.

• flips
  • Veteran

• August 07, 2010, 09:28:04 am
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2011, 01:00:37 pm »

I'm actually looking for one near Gangnam station. I want to book the room around dinner time, leave my valuables in the room, go for some dinner, and then go back to the room to sleep.

how much stuff do you have? if you don't have a giant suitcase, then i would just put my stuff in a locker in the station. go to dinner, drinks, whatever, then pick your stuff up and get the room. a lot of the motels don't give you keys, you just go in the opened room and lock it. even if you find one that hands you a key, i think you'd be taking a risk in trusting the owners of a love motel with your belongings.

best.