Read 680 times

Registering With the MOE/POE
« on: November 28, 2016, 11:20:24 pm »

I just have a general question. I have been working at my hagwon for a little over 3 months now and they have just now admitted they have not registered me as a foreign teacher at the MOE/POE.

I have since demanded my notarized documents be returned to me, since they were never submitted to the MOE/POE anyway, and I have successfully retrieved them. But now, my hagwon is trying to place the blame on me for not being registered into the MOE/POE, because I asked for my documents back. However,  they had 3 months to do it... so... my question is....

Is it -in any way, shape or form- my responsibility to register myself as a foreign teacher? Or is that solely the responsibility of the school director? And within what timeline are they supposed to register me?

Just to add, I will NOT be returning my documents back to them because I will be finding employment elsewhere (F4 visa status)

Thanks in advance